Bayonetta / Vanquish coming to PS4

Gwendly

2 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

It did come out on PC, but that was more than likely a port of the 360 version. When originally developing the game, they did what most developers did at the time for multiplatform games. They developed a game from the ground up for 360, then ported it to PS3. Since the 360 version is the original version of the game, I'd rather they port that directly, instead of porting a port. Doing it that way opens the door for more possible issues.

But the PC version only came out this year, almost 8 years after it released on 360, and according to Digital Foundry, it has none of the flaws that were in the console versions of the game. It also boasts some more graphical options and what not, so I don't think it would be right to simply call it a port of the 360 version.

Source

23 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

It did come out on PC, but that was more than likely a port of the 360 version. When originally developing the game, they did what most developers did at the time for multiplatform games. They developed a game from the ground up for 360, then ported it to PS3. Since the 360 version is the original version of the game, I'd rather they port that directly, instead of porting a port. Doing it that way opens the door for more possible issues.

Heh... no. It's even better.

Oh and btw... i'm still surprised Bayonetta 2 isn't on Switch yet lol.

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Heh... no. It's even better.

Oh and btw... i'm still surprised Bayonetta 2 isn't on Switch yet lol.

...no what? Are you seriously suggesting that they built the PC version of Bayonetta from the ground up?

25 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

But the PC version only came out this year, almost 8 years after it released on 360, and according to Digital Foundry, it has none of the flaws that were in the console versions of the game. It also boasts some more graphical options and what not, so I don't think it would be right to simply call it a port of the 360 version.

Source

...it IS a port though. It's not like they built the game from the ground up or added any new content. A port with options added for PC. It makes sense that it would run better, given that it's better hardware, but that's more than likely it's because they used the original version of the game for the port.

Edited by ExHaseo

46 minutes ago, AtroxBR said:

Looking forward to play them. Now i only need Nier, inFamous Saga and Ni No Kuni to be remastered. :dance:

I would be for a Infamous collection on PS4. I am surprised it hasn't happened already to be honest.

On topic. I have played Bayonetta and still have a copy of Vanquish but never played it. So I would rather play on PS4 if possible.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

...it IS a port though. It's not like they built the game from the ground up or added any new content. A port with options added for PC. It makes sense that it would run better, given that it's better hardware, but that's more than likely it's because they used the original version of the game for the port.

I'm not saying they built it from the ground up, but I consider a straight up port to be something like Dark Souls or Final Fantasy XIII for PC (at least on launch). They were locked to 720p and 30fps much like the console versions were and had very few graphical options. Bayonetta on PC is something different.

6 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Was the PS3 port that bad? O.o I only played the beginning granted, and it seemed fine.

It was that bad, yeah. You most likely played it when the performance improving patch had already been released.

This was what it was like on launch:

3 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

I can't remember the reason it switched to Nintendo. But you never know I guess.

It was simple really, the first one didn't break any sales records and SEGA wanted to let the IP die, but Nintendo offered to publish the game themselves so they agreed, bottom line is, it can come out on other systems (Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft but still came out for the PS3 for example), but it's not likelly.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

I'm in the minority here but I really disliked Bayonetta.. it was so awful and I sold it because I couldn't fathom playing it anymore. I almost never give up on plats unless the game's really bad or if the plat is super hard/time consuming (Max Payne 3 but it was a hella good game) .. but I did for this one.. 

Vanquish was fun but only because of challenge 4 and 6 lol. However never again! 

Also damn.. it's been ps4 remastered this gen. I mean I'm not complaining because I bought a handful of remasters myself but it's interesting to see how this gen is panning out

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

I'm in the minority here but I really disliked Bayonetta.. it was so awful and I sold it because I couldn't fathom playing it anymore.

Well, I suppose Bayonetta isn't for everyone. But if it does seem like the type of game a prospective player would enjoy, I recommend the PS3 version. It played fine when I went through it recently. I abandoned my quest for the Platinum, but that wasn't because I stopped enjoying the game, it's simply because my priorities have changed. I recommend it, and it coming to the PS4 is good news even though I won't buy it again.

I recently started playing Vanquish for the KYC event here, and I had a blast. This reminds me to go back and finish it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

If that had been a Bayonetta 1 & 2 pack I would of flipped my shit. xD Still pretty cool though, even though I haven't heard of Vanquish before.

It was actually a PS+ game on the PS3, if memory serves.

Anyway, getting back to the thread, I played Bayonetta way back in the day, but didn't really care for it. I feel like I should have liked it, though (great arcade action, cool aesthetic), so I wouldn't mind seeing this at a discount.

15 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm not saying they built it from the ground up, but I consider a straight up port to be something like Dark Souls or Final Fantasy XIII for PC (at least on launch). They were locked to 720p and 30fps much like the console versions were and had very few graphical options. Bayonetta on PC is something different.

It was that bad, yeah. You most likely played it when the performance improving patch had already been released.

This was what it was like on launch:

Oh god the nightmares are coming back...

I got Bayonetta at launch (big Kamiya fan) and was just taken aback at how poorly it ran. I really don't care about the odd hiccup here and there or slowdown in parts as long as I'm playing a mostly functional game. Bayonetta at launch on PS3 was a complete joke, no exaggeration. Really soured the whole experience for me.

Hopefully if this gets ported to PS4 it is from the PC version, which is actually pretty solid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Well, I suppose Bayonetta isn't for everyone. But if it does seem like the type of game a prospective player would enjoy, I recommend the PS3 version. It played fine when I went through it recently. I abandoned my quest for the Platinum, but that wasn't because I stopped enjoying the game, it's simply because my priorities have changed. I recommend it, and it coming to the PS4 is good news even though I won't buy it again.

I recently started playing Vanquish for the KYC event here, and I had a blast. This reminds me to go back and finish it.

Yea man, different strokes for different folks as they.

It's just the story was laughably bad and to me the combat just felt awkward and a little bit unintuitive. It was fun for a little bit but tbh the graphics were awful( I'm not even one to actually even judge graphics in games) and so was the story, leaving behind an ok gameplay which isn't enough to draw me in. 

Vanquish also had a laughably bad story xD but the frenetic gameplay and the UR plat sucked me in!

Edited by PooPooBlast