Take a journey back to your 1st 10 platinums!

The_Kopite

Took me four years to earn by first 10 between 2009 and 2013. 7 PS3 and 3 Vita

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

2. SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

3. Assassin's Creed 2

4. Dante's Inferno

5. God of War II

6. Final Fantasy XIII-2

7. Dark Souls

8. Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland

9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

10. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

• Like 1

#1  S3b3f5c.png My Name is Mayo (Vita) - :platinum: My Name is Mayo! (Unlock all the trophies!)

#2  S3b3f5c.png My Name is Mayo (PS4) - :platinum: My Name is Mayo! (Unlock all the trophies!)

#3  Sbbcc34.pngSlyde (PS4) - :platinum: Hooah (In it for life.)

#4  S143a6c.png Fifty Words by POWGI (Vita) - :platinum: Nifty Words (Collect all the trophies)

#5  S143a6c.png Fifty Words by POWGI (Vita) - :platinum: Nifty Words (Collect all the trophies)

#6  S0b8cd6.png Little Adventure on the Prairie (Vita) - :platinum: Big Adventurer (Obtain all trophies)

#7  Sbded73.png Blackwood Crossing (PS4) - :platinum: Platinum Trophy (A full Trophy cabinet)

#8  S1628ef.png Life is Strange (PS4) - :platinum: What If? (Unlock all other trophies from Life Is Strange)

#9  S0f109f.png Black the Fall (PS4) - :platinum: Doubt the State (There's no place like home)

#10 Sfcfd04.png Goat Simulator (PS4) - :platinum: All The Goat! - (Unlock all the Goat Trophies!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. The Evil Within (PS3)

2. The Walking Dead (PS4)

3. The Last of Us (PS3)

4. Uncharted Remastered

5. Uncharted 2 Remastered

6. Uncharted 3 Remastered

7. Life is Strange (PS4)

8. Metal Gear Solid 4

9. Horizon Zero Dawn

10. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

• Like 2

My top 10:

1 :platinum: Burnout Paradise: Really loved it, even though I hoped for another Burnout Takedown in advance. 

Unlocked at the 4th of April 2009.

:platinum: LittleBigPlanet: The game I wanted a PS3 for (A present in November 2008). Still in Top 5 ultra rare Platinum Trophies, because of the annoying H4H Trophies.

:platinum: Terminator Salvation: Even got this Platinum Trophy twice. Played in couch co-op with my brother. It is still his only Platinum Trophy.

:platinum: DIRT 2: Back than I preordered this game. Played a lot in the first weeks. I remember the 8 player multiplayer races and also trying to win races and than failing in the last 300 meters.

:platinum: SEGA Mega Drive Collection: a great museum for a coPlatinum nsole I never owned.

:platinum: Legends of Wrestlemania: Even though I had fun with it, winning a Royal Rumble for example, the game is pretty forgetable and I sold it quickly.

:platinum: Up: Game from the Disney Pixar movie: not good, not bad.

:platinum: Megamind: Probably the easiest game on PS3.

:platinum: Shrek Forever After: Another movie game. This was a pretty decent one. The one after that was terrible.

10 :platinum: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: Pretty forgetable.

Not really surprised about this list. Back than I reviewed games besides my regular job. You went to the next game after you finished the review. A lot of games from those years are incomplete outside of the easier ones. I do go back sometimes to complete as much as I can. That's why I have several Platinum Trophies that took me over 10 years. 😆

• Like 1

1. The Last Of Us - PS3 (13th Aug 2013)

- This game was the reason why I bought PS3. I used to play on X360, but wasn't really into hunting achievements. For some reason trophy hunting was more enjoyable and TLOU was the main reason I got into it. This is still my favorite Platinum to this day.

2. Beyond: Two Souls - PS3 (3rd Nov 2013)

- This was such an unique experience back in the day. Don't really know how I feel about this game now, but 10 years ago I adored it.

3. GTA V - PS3 (6th Mar 2014)

- This is my least favorite GTA game I have personally played. The story was pretty good, not my favorite, but the online grind was really tedious even playing with friends. When I finally achieved the level 100 rank on multiplayer and the Platinum, I haven't touched this game since.

4. WWE 2K14 - PS3 (9th Mar 2014)

- I used to play every WWE game back in the day. Don't really remember much about this one.

5. South Park: The Stick of Truth - PS3 (16th Mar 2014)

- Only good memories from this. Had a blast! I did also enjoy the sequel, but not as much.

6. Heavy Rain - PS3 (27th Mar 2014)

- I did play this before Beyond: Two Souls, but got the Plat later. I think this is better game, but of course this was bit more clunky.

7. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PS3 (2nd Apr 2014)

- Do I really have to talk about this?

8. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PS3 (18th Apr 2014)

- My favorite game from the series.

9. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 - PS3 (1st May 2014)

- This was first time I platted a PS+ freebie. I'm not the biggest fan of football games, haven't play any since, but this was a easy plat.

10. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - PS3 (24th May 2014)

- Originally this game was a disappointment to me, but after years I've grown to love this more.

Making this list made me feel real old. And sad.

• Like 1

Back in the day my friend and I played only on his account so our first 10 Platinums were:
Every Platinum was earned on PS3:
1. Mercenaries 2: World in Flames 
2. Terminator Salvation
3. WWE Legends of WrestleMania
4. Wanted: Weapons of Fate
5. The Godfather II
6. Damnation
7. Saw
8. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
9. Resident Evil 5
10. Midnight Club: Los Angeles

When I got my PS4 I only played on my account. These are my first 10 Platinums.

Every platinum was earned on PS4:
1. Far Cry 4
2. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
3. Watch Dogs
4. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
5. Bully
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order
8. Teslagrad
9. Super Time Force Ultra
10. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

1) Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3).

2) Assassin's Creed 2 ( PS3 ).

3) Uncharted Drake's Fortune ( PS3 ).

4) The Order 1886 ( PS4 ).

5) Day of the Tentacle ( PS4 ).

6) Ratchet & Clank 2016 ( PS4 ).

7) Oddworld: New n Tasty ( PS4 although I played most of it on the PS3 first and it ran terribly ).

8] Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus ( PS3, sadly missing timestamps on this due to 2013 outage so not connected to the internet ).

9) Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS3 ).

10) Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy ( PS3 ).

From then on every :platinum: Milestone is wrong, as I have written them down and counted them on my PS5.  Maybe the new levelling system messed something up, but #20, #30 #40 #50 [ and we all know that's a mega milestone ] and # 75 are wrong, I hope it doesn't get my 100th wrong. 

• Like 1

1. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4)

2. Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4)

3. Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations (PS4)

4. The Order 1886 (PS4)

5. inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

6. RootLetter (PSVita)

7. Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)

8. One Piece: Burning Blood (PSVita)

9. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS4)

10. Grim Fandango (PS4)

• Like 1

In order:

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Tekken 6

Resident Evil 5

inFamous

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4

Uncharted 3

*DC Universe Online

Borderlands

Spec Ops: The Line

Final Fantasy XIV

*DCUO let you double dip between PS3 and PS4 so this simultaneously my seventh and seventeenth plat! As an aside, my next plat will be my thirtieth and it should be Job Simulator, which will also be my first VR plat.

• Like 1

1. The Last Of Us Remastered: Came in a bundle with the PS4, saw it often being described as the best game of the PS3 generation, the generation that I completely skipped, so I knew it was a must buy. The game lived up to the expectations, great experience and a worthy first platinum, to this day one of my favorite games on the system, too bad they never made a sequel after the rather open ending.

2. Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires: Dynasty Warriors is a guilty pleasure of mine, I owned almost all of them from the PS2 generation. The first rather grindy list I completed, which did not cost me much willpower given that I can play games from this series for literal days. It still made me feel like the series lost a bit of the magic it had in days past, which is why, to this day, this is still the only DW game on my list.

3. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty: Not much to say about this one, played the ancient first version of it on PC a long time ago, loved it, had an absolute blast playing this one too, surprisingly challenging trophy list too, generally a ton of fun to complete.

4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: At the time one of the games that actually convinced me to buy a console in order to play it at some point. Been a big fan of MGS since the first Metal Gear Solid from PS1 so the last Metal Gear Solid game was a must have for me, and while this game here had its flaws and all the shitshow regarding the Konami fuckery messing up the last third of the game, the gameplay was still amazing and I did not mind the grind for the platinum at all.

5. The Witcher 3: Good lord I played this thing for years, actual years, kept playing it even after finally getting around to taking the platinum, don't think I have even a third of the playtime of this game on any other game from my profile, can't even remember how many playthroughs I did, anyone not having played this game is seriously missing out.

6. Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Bought it day 1, it was so broken that I kept it on the shelf for half a year, still broken af, finally decided to power through. I don't get what people see in this game, it was terrible all around, and it had low effort overpriced dlc to boot, this game was when I really made the decision to become a dedicated trophy hunter with a focus on ultimately completing as much as possible, as I never would have kept playing this turd had I picked it up as one of my first few games, any fun I had here was despite the game, not because of it.

7. Ratchet & Clank: Played the original game and loved it, this one was just as fun to play, even though they kinda messed up the story to some extend. Trophy list was easy and pretty quick, nice change of pace.

8. Ether One: Psplus puzzle game about mental illness, people seemed to hate it, mainly because its buggy and the story is likely a bit too out there. I gotta say I enjoyed it, though I was fortunate enough not to really experience any of the bugs myself, trophies were rather standard.

9. God of War III Remastered: I played GOW1 and GOW2 in the old days, never the third one though, so I bought it and completed it as prep for the new upcoming God Of War at the time. It delivered, fun to play, ok to complete for the plat, good casual fun and a good finish for the trilogy.

10. God Of War (PS4): This game was different from what I expected as a veteran of the series, though not in an unpleasant way for the most part. Enjoyed the story despite the shift in tone, characters were hit and miss, a bit too much enemy recycling for my liking, trophy list was alright but the last valkyrie fight was pure bliss, it felt rewarding and well made like I always imagined souls bosses to feel like from how people talk about it, BOY how wrong that assumption turned out to be later down the line. Game was a worthy 10th platinum milestone for me.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

Here are my first 10 platinum trophies which all are PS3 games :D

1.) Assassin's Creed II

2.) God of War (HD Remaster)

3.) God of War II (HD Remaster)

4.) Prince of Persia (2008)

5.) Killzone II

6.) Tekken 6

7.) God of War III

8.) Resident Evil 5

9.) Heavy Rain

10.) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

• Like 1

1 - The Walking Dead

2 - Final Fantasy VII

3 - Resident Evil Remake 

4 - Sleeping Dogs

5 - Life is Strange

6 - Resident Evil Revelations 2

7 - Final Fantasy XV

8 - Oceanhorn

9 - Rogue Galaxy

10 - Witcher 3

Most were very enjoyable platinums, Sleeping Dogs is a good game but it crashed so much when playing the DLCs that I thought about giving up.

• Like 1

1. God of War 3

2. Shadows of the Damned

3. God of War 

4. God of War 2

5. Read Dead Redemption

6. Demon Souls

7. Dark Souls

8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

9. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

10. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 2

1. Final Fantasy 13 - First game I got with the PS 3 back in the days, didn't like the bullet sponge enemies, and the end game grind was my first real grind in any single player game.

2. Final Fantasy 13 -2 Don't remember much about this one to be honest.

3. Tales of graces F - Another grind, and I was new to the thought to replay games a few times.

4. Tales of Xillia -- Not that bad, and had gotten used to the JRPG grind by this point.

5. Final Fantasy 13 Lightning returns - Easy plat for a JRPG if i remember correctly.

6. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - VR missions...

7. Tales of Symphonia  - Bog standard Tales platinum, not much too say.

8.  Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - The pain of having grinded for a few hours while trying to get every monster and it crashes and you forgot to save.

9. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - Easy plat.

10. Bloodborne - great plat, the only real obstacle for me was the dungeon where you only had half of your life.

• Like 3

Browsing through here makes me feel old.

So many recent games - so few titles from the time Sony started to copy Microsoft and had developers add trophies to their games in late 2008.

1) Burnout Paradise - if you ever wondered why the plat for this game basicly requires you to just play half of the game: because the game was already on the market for over half a year when trophy support was added and Criterion patched trophies into the game. But they couldn't find a way to award those retroactive to players who already finished everything, so they made the requirements to just 50% of the game (that players didn't have to play it completely from scratch)

2.) Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - a shame that Pandemic Studios got closed by EA. I loved both games.

3.) Fallout 3

4.) X-Blades

5.) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - I really liked the whole setting on how they made Japan the third big power.

6.) Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

7.) Borderlands

8.) Overlord 2

9.) The Eye of Judgement - anyone remember the "a plat must be earnable without buying any DLC" rule from Sony? Well, guess who's the only company to break the (their own) rule.

10.) Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Yeah, good old times. Carefree times. . .

• Like 3

My first ten platinum were all ps3 games

1. MINI NINJAS
  2. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010
  3. UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION
  4. ENSLAVED: ODYSSEY TO THE WEST
  5. ASSASSIN'S CREED II
  6. MAJIN AND THE FORSAKEN KINGDOM
  7. BLEACH: SOUL RESURRECCION
  8. DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION - DIRECTOR'S CUT
  9. SEGA MEGA DRIVE ULTIMATE COLLECTION
  10. WET
  • Like 2

I'd done plenty of 100%s on Steam and Xbox 360, but my first 10 platinums were:

1. Rayman Origins
  2. Guacamelee!
  3. Darksiders II
  4. Assassin's Creed II
  5. Sleeping Dogs
  6. Virtue's Last Reward
  7. Jak and Daxter
  8. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
  9. Lone Survivor
  10. Alice: Madness Returns

Six on Vita and four on PS3, from March 2013 through the end of 2014. I did stacks of the first four for 100, 200, 300, and 400, but 500 would have been my fourth playthrough of Sleeping Dogs, and the rest of the list wouldn't have had stacks available anyway, so I gave up on that. It's funny seeing both a fighting game and a horror game on the list when I can't stand either genre; I've only done a couple of other horror games over the last decade, and I think PSASBR might still be my only fighting game plat.

• Like 2

1. Dirt 2

2. Need For Speed: Shift

3. Rock Band 2

4. Saints Row: The Third

5. The Walking Dead

6. Beyond: Two Souls

7. InFamous: Second Son

8. Murdered: Soul Suspect

9. The Wolf Among Us

10. InFamous 2

All PS3 except Second Son and Soul Suspect. I was not a trophy hunter at all in the beginning so I got the plat's for those first 2-3 games naturally somehow. The first one I actually remember going for the plat was Saints Row. 

• Like 2

1. FIFA 14

Back when I actively played FIFA every year. It's a pretty boring first platinum, I guess. 

2. Killzone Shadow Fall

This came bundled with my launch PS4. I really enjoyed this. I remember being blown away by the visuals at the time and it still holds up today tbh. I've always thought the Killzone series was vastly underrated. I hope Guerrilla can get back to it some day. 

3. Battlefield 4 

I borrowed this from a friend at the time. I put a lot of hours into Battlefield 3 and I had an itch to get back into the series. Unfortunately I just didn't gel with this entry, and it's kinda what put me off the series which I still haven't touched since. 

4. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag 

Still one of my favourite AC games to date. 

5. Strider 

I believe this was a PS Plus game at the time. It isn't the type of game I'd usually play, but it was "free" so I figured why not. I'm glad I did because I enjoyed it a lot. I remember it being fairly tough in parts, but rewarding to get through it. 

6. inFamous: Second Son 

I've always liked the inFamous series and this was a very good entry imo, perhaps even a bit underrated. One of the better PS4 exclusives during the first half of the gen. 

7. inFamous: First Light

Another solid entry in the inFamous series. In some ways I enjoyed this even more than Second Son. Not too much to say other than it was a highly enjoyable experience. 

8. Dust: An Elysian Tale 

Much like with Strider, I believe this was a PS Plus game and one that I normally wouldn't play otherwise, but again it's a game I really enjoyed. I think PS Plus during PS4's early life had some of the best and most interesting monthly games. I discovered quite a few gems around that time that I otherwise would've never played if not for getting them through Plus. 

9. Metro 2033 Redux 

I never had the chance to play this before as it never released for PS3. To be honest, I had never even heard of the series before the Redux collection came out, but I found the concept and premise really interesting. I really liked the atmosphere, setting, and story, and the gameplay was solid enough as well. Overall a good game.

10. Metro: Last Light Redux

I enjoyed this slightly more than 2033, and many of the positives from 2033 were present along with some additional improvements, making for a more solid experience overall. Now that I'm writing about it, I'm reminded that I still need to get around to playing Exodus at some point. 

• Like 3

As many of you here my first ten platinum trophies were also on PS3, took me a bit over a year to achieve them.

1S12e4c7.png   L.A. Noire (September 13, 2011)

1Sb4ee44.png   Red Dead Redemption (December 26, 2011)

1Sfdc414.png   Heavy Rain (January 12, 2012)

1Sfcb056.png   Mafia II (February 2, 2012)

1S61f15f.png   LittleBigPlanet (March 5, 2012)

1S396191.png   Grand Theft Auto IV (March 27, 2012)

1S4a0133.png   inFamous 2 (May 26, 2012)

1S49074f.png   Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (June 14, 2012)

1Saf48ad.png   Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (September 29, 2012)

1Scf35c1.png   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (November 18, 2012)

Three of them now unobtainable, wish I had played the Uncharted DLC's to get the trophy lists to 100% back then when the servers were still online.

• Like 3