Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

100% #613 - Nioh 2

Lea725f.png

To go along with my Nioh 1 100% from last year.

Nioh 1 took me 130 hours, this took 147 (with a bunch of hours idling), mainly because of the final DLC. Everything up to then I was doing fine while under-levelled with decent gear but that final DLC is brutal.

I ended up going through to WotN (NG++++) to get better gear for the final DLC trophies on WotD (NG++). That made it manageable enough. Weapon of choice was tonfa. By the end I had ones imbued with lightning + fire and set poison to an active skill, which meant easy confusion, slower enemies and tons of damage.

If you enjoy Ninja Gaiden type games mixed with a levelling system and Diablo-esque abundance of loot, this thing will be addicting to no end.

• Like 4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch Dogs 2 (100%)

Showcase DLC trophy- Prized Catch

54Lb5279b.png

The Off the Hook missions to unlock the final mission for the “Prized Catch” prevents a lot of players from getting 100% completion. It doesn’t track and I had days of not having a particular submission not spawn. Matter of fact, it never did. 

As a workaround, I had to grind the same submissions over and over again (probably 15-16 times) to eventually get me to the Tier 4 diamond co-op status on the Leaderboard. Once I hit that rank, after completing a random submission, it triggered the final mission, “All you Can Eat.”  

I’m in the 100% club for both WD 1 & 2 now, and that was the worst trophy. So glad to have both those titles under my belt. 

L059f5d.png

100% eFootball 2022

13.94% - Rare

Well... What could I say about this game that hasn't been said already?

It's likely that the game will get a lot of upgrades in the future but, at the time being, eFootball 2022 is just a flop: it fails pretty much everywhere. The gameplay is very slow and boring, the graphics are pretty bad even for the Ps4 standards, and it's amusing seeing how many unlicensed teams there are: now I remember why I used to mock the PES franchise back when I was a kid, lol. During the Ps2 days, in fact, I was a Fifa guy, with Fifa 10 being one of my favourites game from that period; I had also played some Pes, with Pes 2010 being my favourite because years ago I often played it with my father.

I could actually still get past all of these things about eFootball 2022, but what I consider pretty much unacceptable is how the Online is totally broken, as I was never able to have a single Online match, even once. And this is ironic considering how much this game is oriented to the competitive aspect of football videogames; since the Online is broken, what are we supposed to do? But obviously, playing matches against the AI using the same 7/8 teams over and over again all the time! Seriously, is this game a Ps2 Demo in disguise or what?

I had high expectations for this game because I am a huge football fan ever since I was a kid, and I hadn't played a new Fifa/Pes game in nearly a decade excluding some Fifa 15 with an old friend back in the days, I literally couldn't wait to get back to a Football game with eFootball 2022, but this is just a disappointment. As I said, most of these problems I talked about will likely get fixed, but this is definitely not a good start for the game. My fear is that not only will they not improve the game enough, but they will also sell a lot of DLCs with Trophies at huge prices, something I had not considered: I am starting to regret starting this game, maybe I should have just waited for the right time and play a Fifa game, but so far I never had the chance to do that because of my big backlog. The fact that eFootball was Free to Play made me start it anyway. I mean: I love football, I miss playing a new football game, a Free to Play football game is being released... What could possibly go wrong? :)

For now, I'm taking this 100% which is quite easy, let's see how long it will last. Once the online is fixed, I will definitely play some of it with my friends, but I won't forget how bad this game was at launch.

• Like 3

Hue (PS4)

La511ee.png

In Hue – you play as the eponymous character Hue, yes you heard it right folks his name is Hue, not Hugh. What is the motivation for exploring this monochromatic world? Well, that’d be a righteous quest to find your lost Mother. On that journey you’ll master the art of shifting colours throughout the world to make things both appear and reappear – leading to some very interesting gameplay quirks.

I suppose there are a few ways to define Hue as a gaming experience – it’s almost equal parts a puzzle game, as well as a platformer. It could be argued however that the platforming element – just so happens to be far more of an afterthought than the former. Despite this, they are still woven together in a way that feels satisfying. Personally – I’m far more of a puzzle game fan than I am a platforming game fan, although I can appreciate either when it’s done right, in Hues case – I’d say for the most part that it is.

Hue doesn’t contain the richest video game story, or lore that you’ll ever find – but it is intriguing enough that more often than not you’ll catch yourself really contemplating what is being said in the linking narration between areas. However, these early voice lines end up being subtle indicators about how you might go about solving some of the games various puzzles. You could argue some of it might be considered a little patronising or preachy, but none of it is done in a hand-holding way. There is a few times where the narration encourages you to look at something in abstract manner and to look beyond just an image, to ponder what might lie beyond that – in much the same way art critics are encouraged to think in an abstract way and apply those same findings to their critical readings.

Anna Acton provides the voice of your Mother – and there’s almost a mournful, regretful and contemplative tone to how she addresses you, as you delve further into the story you’ll begin to realise why she feels the way that she does. Acton brings a lot to this part – as, apart from one other voice actor heard much later into the game – she’s all you hear as far as voiced lines go, and so her performance had to be both engaging and intriguing to keep you invested in finding out more about her story, if the puzzles weren’t enough to keep you entertained.

Not that I’d expect that to be a problem – what Hue lacks in a fleshed out narrative, it more than makes up for that with gameplay. One of the strongest features of Hue’s gameplay actually comes in the form of its difficulty – there isn’t a single time throughout the entire experience that the game doesn’t slowly ease you into new concepts and gradually ramp up the difficulty as you progress further. I think it’s a brilliant parallel between you playing as a child – thrust into an unfamiliar situation, so you essentially learn how all of these colour shifting abilities work at a steady pace, alongside Hue; further discovering everything parallel to him as a gradual learning process.  So because of this, there isn’t a ridiculous difficulty spike when it comes to the puzzles – each one feels like a natural evolution of the ones seen previously.

The gameplay itself, as I touched upon briefly earlier – take the form of colour manipulation puzzles, which end up being a combination of environmental manipulation and in a few instances physics tinkering. Essentially, you are given a ring, which you eventually fill with colours – each colour in that ring can then change the entire environment to match that colour, which is where the puzzle element comes into play. Any object in the environment that shares the colour being changed into will instantly disappear from view. I hope you haven’t gone cross eyed after my terrible explanation – essentially this allows for a whole raft of varying puzzles that see you manipulate the environment in a whole host of ways – I’m being deliberately vague, because some of them are so interestingly implemented they should be experienced not relayed via text.

For a little context, I played this game on the PS4 so by virtue of that; this is a review of the PS4 version. However, that being said – I think the best way to experience this game, is probably to play it on the Vita. Hue has very intricate and discrete puzzle rooms – essentially making up the levels. Instead of a huge interconnected area – they are linked, don’t get me wrong, but think of them in the same way you’d have levels in something like an early Mario title, where it’s a case of World 1-4, for example. By this token, playing it on the Vita probably affords you the best experience, as you could easily pick up and play this on the go – get stuck on a puzzle? Take your Vita with you and then come back to it later, when you’ve had a chance to recharge your grey matter.

In a game where colour is integral, the art-style would have to be unique and interesting – which it is. Hue’s art-style is not dissimilar to that of the two Beholder games, but with more vibrancy and colour injected into it. Each individual location has its own distinct identity, yet also feels as if it’s an extension of the games world as a whole.

I strongly feel like the weakest aspect of Hue is actually in the form of its soundtrack – that’s fine, at least to a point, this is a game about colour after all, not sound. Unfortunately – in a game where you spend ninety percent of your time solving puzzles, you want the soundtrack to not be intrusive – which on occasion it definitely is, there were a few times where I was having trouble with some finicky physics manipulation and as a result kept failing – and without sounding too much like Basement Jaxx “the music keeps on playing on and on.”

This is going to be the shortest trophy section I think I’ve written up to this point – you have one thing to bear in mind in Hue and that’s collectibles – of which none of them are missable. Do them alongside – or come back to them with a guide, it’s up to you. Otherwise everything unlocks over the span your playthrough. Fairly simple trophies sure – but it’s the satisfying puzzles that should keep you the most entertained during the experience.

I’d absolutely recommend Hue – it’s a very enjoyable puzzle experience, and it’s a wonderfully relaxing, (for the most part,) thing to play between bigger titles. I’m sure plenty of people probably have it already as a result of PS+ - if you’re one of them, I’d go out of my way to play the Vita version if you can, as I firmly believe that’s probably the better way to experience it – but I had an enjoyable time with the PS4 version nevertheless.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 4

Le7103a.png

In this collection we have three MK Arcade titles, and I have to say, the difficulty is quite high. Even if you're a decent player in the genre, you'll have trouble playing normally - that's because the CPU has no mercy, and your moves are preempted, defended and counter-attacked at superhuman speed, especially by bosses. the solution is to abuse moves that open a meager possibility of success against the CPU, such as attacks that are difficult to defend in certain frames. MK 2 and UMK3 were angry journeys, it was two attempts for UMK3 because yesterday I gave up after two hours trying to beat Shao Kahn. Worth the nostalgia, but submitting yourself to completing these games can be a daunting task given the way the game was programmed to be invincible.

Lcc3f72.png

Rise of Insanity

When I don't know what to play -although the backlog is really huuuuuge- I usually scroll through the PS Store and this time I've noticed the "discover horror" and the "halloween" tab. There were some games that caught my attention and this was one of them. While I do not enjoy regular walking simulators, I actually like them in a horror setting. 

The game is short (I completed it in 2 hours), there are plenty of well-timed jumpscares, the atmosphere they created is really good and it has a decent story with some twists about the decay of the human mind - if you pay attention to dialogue and notes. Oh, and you have to collect rubber ducks! How awesome is that?! *squeak*

I played it on my PS4 with a regular controller and I enjoyed myself, although it isn't a perfect game. However, the game has PSVR support so if you're going to play it and if you own a PSVR (or any other VR) I'd recommend you use it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Le8028c.png
100% Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
0.58% - Ultra Rare

It took me 3 years and 9 months to get this 100%: it outclasts the previous record of Brawlhalla (2 years and 9 months) as well my record for the longest Platinum, which belongs to Knack (2 years and 10 months).

The Platinum is actually no big deal, as it took me just roughly a month to earn it: it's mostly on moderate difficulty, and besides one totally busted Expert Mission, it really isn't a big deal. The 100%, on the other hand, is a different thing: very grinding and the Hero Colosseum Mode is an actual challenge, but I loved it.

Xenoverse 2 used to be one of my favourites games back in 2018 and to this day I still have great memories with it, surely one of the best experience I had with a Ps4 game, and it's almost there with the Ps2 ones among the best Dragon Ball games I ever played. I'm a bit sad my journey with this game has ended.

• Like 4

Sid Meier's Civilization 6 is my most recent 100%.

I have never been a PC gamer so this is only my second Civ game, Civilization Revolution on the PS3 was my first. I find them to be very enjoyable even though I will get destroyed by the AI on harder difficulties easily. 

Despite the large number of Ultra Rare trophies in Civ 6, they are all actually pretty easy if you use the multiplayer hot seat mode. Going for them in a real game requires insane amounts of RNG because of certain requirements. Scenario trophies weren't too difficult either. I am also only the 31st person for the NA version to have reached 100% completion which was a nice cherry to put on top of the slew of UR trophies I got with reaching that milestone. I think that is only my second top 50 100% first achievers.

Might work on Hitman 2 100% some more next as it will be nice to be under 1,200 unearned trophies once more.

• Like 4

L691ae0.png

Was supposed to be WWE All Stars 2, but it just missed the mark and didn't click together right. It's alright, it just doesn't measure up to it's predecessor.

The difficulty of the AI certainly doesn't help the enjoyment of this game, they reverse almost every move attempted, gets very annoying.

Enjoyment - 5/10

Difficulty - 8/10

• Like 4

Le585bf.png

Pix the Cat (PS4)

Holy hell was this a tough game. It took a while to get used to the patterns necessary to complete the levels without ruining your combo, but honestly this game was a blast and I enjoyed the music and voices that accompany the gameplay. Definitely a great challenge for those willing to take it on!

• Like 3

? 616

Leb7616.png

The Touryst

The Touryst, from Shin'en Multimedia, feels like a game with roots everywhere and nowhere at the same time. It's a game that is difficult to classify, not because it falls into no categories, but because it quite deliberately replicates aspects of so many - yet does so with a whimsical, playful touch, throwing them all together in a package that is silly, light, sweet, and - most of all - tons of fun.

If RPGs are apple pies, platformers are chocolate brownies, puzzle games are lemon merengue pies, dungeon crawlers are peach cobblers, metriodvanias are sponge cakes, rhythm games are fruit salads, and arcade games are candy bars... 
...The Touryst is the pack of Jelly Belly jelly-beans that has all those flavours in it.

There isn't much substance to the individual tastes - they are individually fleeting, but there is merit in the abundance and the variety within, and the recreations of the flavours are surprisingly accurate. There is an overall sweetness and consistency, and the pack is tremendously addictive - you just find yourself munching until it's all gone.

Playing as a Tourist (nay, Touryst!) arriving for a nice holiday on Touryst Island, you quickly discover an ancient monument, and within, and old tourist, named... Old Tourist. He mentions that he has been trying to decipher the meaning of some ancient symbols inside, and in short order, the player is tasked with the primary goal of the game - travelling to the various relics around the 7 different Islands that make up the Touryst Archipelago, solving the puzzles and defeating the 'bosses' within, to uncover the mystery of the ruins. 

Really though, while that aspect provides the through-line narrative, (and, for what it's worth, the final climax, which is as bat-shit silly and fun as anything in the game!), the real meat of the game is as a delightful romp through an RPG-lite-lite-lite, as you hop from one island to another, unlocking new locations, playing fun little mini-games, talking to other tourists (each of whom has some favour to ask,) playing old arcade games, finding treasure, deep sea diving, surfing, canoeing, organising raves, collecting coins, and generally having a goofy, fun time.

Each island is small, and differently themed - one based on Ibiza, one on Fiji, one on Hawaii etc. and each contains a handful of small missions, a plethora of discoverable secrets, and some puzzle-based, unique dungeon elements. These are actually, while fairly short, often quite clever, and can sometimes be tricky to figure out, though the game is good about keeping puzzles to a minimalist end - a room might seem baffling, but there are no red herrings. If a room has three carry-able block in it, you can bet the puzzle needs all three. If it has only one element that stands out - that is the key. Figuring it out might take a minute, but the game isn't trying to trick you - just challenge you a little!

What really makes The Touryst work, is that while if feels partly like a mini-game collection, given how many little one-off games there are to play (and helped by the inclusion of a racing game, and Arachnoid clone, and a platforming Arcade game in the island arcade,) the overall tone and the monument delving narrative, while only forming a portion of the gameplay, ties the whole game together with a loose, but defined structure. Elements of Metroidvania, via purchasable upgrades (dash / double jump etc.) and the ubiquity of money as currency for both unlocking new islands, and buying various mini-game required specifics, means there is a compulsive quality to the game - the player is always just one or two purchases away from unlocking the next thing to do.

The game looks absolutely stunningly good. The art-style is one very familiar to anyone who played FROM Softwares under-appreciated gem 3D Dot Game Heroes (and if you haven't, what are you doing reading this?! Go play it! It's great!). A 3D take on 2D pixel-art, in which 3D, blocks replace old-school pixels and the entire world looks like lego. However, 3D Dot Game Heroes was a PS3 game - the Touryst is on PS5, and the step up in that art is really incredible. Lighting is gorgeous, the worlds look Pixar-level good, and everything moves with a buttery-smoothness that would make Call of Duty blush. 

Audio is good - the general soundscape is ambient and amiable, and the character sounds - jumping, dashing etc have a Mario / Zelda quality to them that keeps the tone light and fun.

Overall, The Touryst is a hell of a good little game - it's slight, of course - deliberately so - however, lightness and slightness should not be mistaken for insubstantiality. There is an attention to detail in the environments, and in the puzzle design that, while simple, is really laudable - and crafting a game that would work exactly as well for a 10-year-old as it did for my nearly-40-year-old-ass cannot be easy, and should be admired. There is charm coming out of every 3D-Pixellated pore, and the game succeeds completely at doing what it intends - making me feel like I was on a little gaming vacation!

(Review originally published HERE)

(For game comparison and Scientific ? placement, see THE CURRENT RANKING)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

L48b5be.pngPS3

Honestly had no intention of 100%ing this, but found Full Burst dirt cheap with a money back garuantee, so hey, its essentially free DLC.

The Kabuto fight is still a pain in the ass, but thankfully I got it done without restarting the whole fight over. The missions can be easily cheesed with Deidara, minus a few conditions where you have to switch characters.

L64bfb8.png

Got it on a whim, 100% within the hour. Damn shame it's only a handful of trophies, would have loved a shiny platinum puzzle piece in my collection.

L78bc49.png

Said everything I needed to say in my platinum post of this game, but to sum it up, this game just couldn't stick the landing, and tried to be what it had no business being during the last stretch of the game.

• Like 2

MAJOR Update 11/28/2021:

Platinum'd Mass Effect 3 Remastered and achieved 100% on Mass Effect Legendary Edition! Absolutely incredible games. The original Mass Effect trilogy will forever be among my favorite games of all time. I highly recommend this series and especially the Legendary Edition remasters. Also I'm almost finished with the entire Mass Effect series now! Only Andromeda remains.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

7L1e9c4b.png

Long Service Medal
Finish Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 with the same character

Mass Effect series Tier 4 (Misc. Platinums) -> Tier 2 (Most Trophies in the Series)!!!

thSJJLZ.png

Currently working on progressing both the Mass Effect and Fallout series from Tier 4 (Misc. Platinums) all the way up to Tier 1 (100% Series Complete)

• Like 3

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack(Vita)

L7db0ae.png

Last trophy earned:

14L1eb10d.png

:gold:Golden Blob
Earn a gold medallion in every level

It's been a while since I've 100%(only, not plat) a game and I've trying to clean some of my backlog. I like games from Drinkbox Studio. It's a pretty fun game about a small blob eating small things to get bigger and when you're bigger, you get to eat even bigger things like a planet for example. 

• Like 4

L00c8ca.png
100% Horizon Chase Turbo
0.30% - Ultra Rare

After getting the Platinum in 2019, I returned to this game to claim back my 100% since they added DLC Trophies. It was funny to revisit this little cute game that I truly appreciated two years ago, and the Trophies were not hard to obtain.

... Besides the last one, that requires you to win a championship on Legend category: it's 12 races one after the other and you get points at the end of every race according to your placement, and obviously you need to have the highest score at the end to claim the win and Trophy. The AI is hard to beat on that championship, but the biggest problem is that, no matter what, there is always the same opponent that either ends up being at first, or at second place, meaning that it's either you or him for the final win. At a certain point, while having a good lead, I literally suicided and got five 2nd places in a row, losing to him at the end of the very last race; it was truly annoying having to start again from scratch. So I tried again and it was going to happen again, in fact, I got way too many 2nd places and he was going to catch me at first place, which he did at the end of the last race, we were tied at first place both at 90 points... I was afraid, but thankfully the Trophy popped anyway, despite the fact that on the post race podium I was at second place.

• Like 2

Lce94f1.png

both 100% capcom collections now! this time there is no difficulty, just an awful grind of 100 million caspo points and 100 hours played and 1000 games, lack of creativity in this trophy list. wait for one of the games to enter weekly challenges to ease your caspo points grinding.