New DLC, One trophy more

isma_gmr18

On 12/14/2019 at 0:06 AM, whittle181 said:

Is there a specific map the Matriach spawns on, or is more likely to appear on?

There doesn’t appear to be a specific map for this trophy. I just came across Matriach on DieSector, however you will need RNGesus to be kind to you it seems. I had spent the better part of my Saturday night playing with random groups on Survival, it got to midnight and I gave up and started playing Solo Offline/Normal on Sanitarium specifically. Got to wave 20 and nothing. I quit for the night, next morning I changed to Endless mode and found a random group. Got to wave 20 on DieSector and Matriach appeared. So I suggest Endless mode, you might have a better chance of coming across her. Good luck!

Edited by Emina
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Emina said:

There doesn’t appear to be a specific map for this trophy. I just came across Matriach on DieSector, however you will need RNGesus to be kind to you it seems. I had spent the better part of my Saturday night playing with random groups on Survival, it got to midnight and I gave up and started playing Solo Offline/Normal on Sanitarium specifically. Got to wave 20 and nothing. I quit for the night, next morning I changed to Endless mode and found a random group. Got to wave 20 on DieSector and Matriach appeared. So I suggest Endless mode, you might have a better chance of coming across her. Good luck!

Thanks for response. It spawned for me on the new map on back to back occasions just playing online 4 waves - normal. I would hazard a guess that it's totally random.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2019 at 0:42 PM, LordWikii said:

Is there any way to increase my chances of spawning Matriarch? I've been playing the standard 4 waves and Endless matches in solo mode and all I'm getting is Patriarch, Dr. Hans Volter and King Fleshpound.

Nope. This trophy is pure RNG and took me approx 3hrs to get, because of the Matriarch's abysmal spawn rate. The devs caught some major flak during the open PC beta for this update, when players pointed out how awful the Matriarch's spawn rate was but they completely ignored all the complaints and proceeded to release the update anyway.

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope. This trophy is pure RNG and took me approx 3hrs to get, because of the Matriarch's abysmal spawn rate. The devs caught some major flak during the open PC beta for this update, when players pointed out how awful the Matriarch's spawn rate was but they completely ignored all the complaints and proceeded to release the update anyway.

Damn, I got the Matriarch 2nd match I joined and it was last second as well right before they killed the boss. :pimp:

On 2020-01-01 at 4:11 AM, HuntingFever said:

You'd think around the launch of a new boss they'd have them appear more frequently for a few weeks just so people can experience it more often. Then drop it to normal rates after people have had their taste of the new boss.

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

You'd think around the launch of a new boss they'd have them appear more frequently for a few weeks just so people can experience it more often. Then drop it to normal rates after people have had their taste of the new boss.

That's what a sensible studio would do but Tripwire are more interested in milking the micro transactions, than they are about providing a satisfying experiance.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They have been pretty predictable and consistent with when they drop their new dlc. They usually drop new trophies somewhere around:

- End of March

- Middle of June

- Beginning of October

- Middle of December

This should give everyone an idea of when there's gonna be new content coming

Edited by Fugl7
  • Like 2