Sony to Release Official Figurines

Van-Helsings

1 minute ago, JavaNext said:

I do like them and I would probably get Crash or The Hunter, but my local GAME store closed a few years back. And I don't like to buy figures online.

I would also like to get same of those figs but as you say our local GAME stores were closed in Portugal so since it's exclusive sale to that store unity , too bad ?

I already made a post of this, but I really like these figures. I hate how people are claiming Sony copied Nintendo with this. 1. It's not by Sony 2. Nintendo didn't invent figures. I would love to get the Hunter and PaRappa. Hopefully, in the future we can get a wave 2 with like Drake or Ratchet. if they make a Kiryu one, I'm buying it instantly. 

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned it's a good thing that these figurines are not like these stupids Amiibo that forces you to buy them to have access to a part of a game. (Hi to the so called "best game ever" Zelda BOTW which contained a shit ton of thing locked behind the Amiibo business. )

If I want to buy a DLC I buy a DLC and if want to buy figures I buy figures. No one should be forced to buy figures to have access to a part of a game/DLC.

(And before every Nintendo fanboys jump on me, I just want to say that I've owned every Nintendo console since the Nintendo 64 so I'm not a hater.)

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

As far as I'm concerned it's a good thing that these figurines are not like these stupids Amiibo that forces you to buy them to have access to a part of a game.

Agreed. Please don't bring that crap to the Playstation.

13 minutes ago, Bombstriker said:

They don't look unified... I like how Amibo's look like they are all in a set. The examples there all look different and IMO not collector friendly. If you had them on your shelf they wouldn't look like they are from the same set. I will probably pass on em.

Equally agreed. It looks like you're just buying random video-game-related stuff at a novelty shop. 

If people really claim Sony or the manufacturer has copied amiibos with these figurines, they should probably open their eyes to the fact that there have been plastic figurines sold in similar packaging for decades, including figurines modeled after video game characters.

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

As far as I'm concerned it's a good thing that these figurines are not like these stupids Amiibo that forces you to buy them to have access to a part of a game. (Hi to the so called "best game ever" Zelda BOTW which contained a shit ton of thing locked behind the Amiibo business. )

If I want to buy a DLC I buy a DLC and if want to buy figures I buy figures. No one should be forced to buy figures to have access to a part of a game/DLC.

(And before every Nintendo fanboys jump on me, I just want to say that I've owned every Nintendo console since the Nintendo 64 so I'm not a hater.)

What kind of content is locked behind amiibos in Breath of the Wild?

In for Bloodborne hunter, Kratos, and Crash.

The only characters out of the ones available so far that I care for.

12 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

What kind of content is locked behind amiibos in Breath of the Wild?

Outfits, weapons, and various in-game items like food that boost stats.

Nothing substantial, except the outfits thing is somewhat controversial to those that are armor and weapon collectors.

There's always children that think they're entitled to every piece of content on a game, if it's on the game disc / cartridge.

• Like 1

Looks cool, but I doubt I'll ever get one.

Still, IMO, leave the amiibo-style figurines to Nintendo. It's their "only way" to "DLC" their games for now. We have enough DLC stuff as far as Playstation games are concerned. ?

Edited by Caju_94

7 hours ago, RobinMSattem said:

Why does everything always have to be exclusive to the US...

It's not. Canada is already confirmed. Why do people always lump Canada in to the "US" when whining about the US "getting everything"?

lulz at the article bringing up Nintendo at all. As if figures are new and Nintendo invented them. These don't even have chips in them so the comparison is dumb, not only that but Nintendo wasn't even the first one to do the Toys to Life crap AND Nintendo did it worse than Disney and Activision.

I'd rather they cost a few bucks more and look better, they look kinda cheap. Disney Infinity were $13 or $14 and those figures were amazing.

When I saw their price I was like "hmmmm...that's rather cheap for a 'Playstation' figure". Then I opened a picture and saw how cheap they look.

I mean, I'd rather pay some extra dollars and get a damn good quality figure rather than having bunch of small ones that look rubbish.

On 1/23/2018 at 3:30 PM, JavaNext said:

I do like them and I would probably get Crash or The Hunter, but my local GAME store closed a few years back. And I don't like to buy figures online.

On 1/23/2018 at 3:33 PM, Sigma999 said:

I would also like to get same of those figs but as you say our local GAME stores were closed in Portugal so since it's exclusive sale to that store unity , too bad 1f611.png

GAME and GameStop were different companies ;) .

Trivia:

GameStop was in talks to buy the GAME stores in Portugal and Spain, but as far as I know the deal didn't go through. The retailer ended up closing all stores, because they were in debt and as a result major publishers started to refuse to stock them with new titles. A few friends of mine that worked there told me that the company was being investigated by the Portuguese government for tax evasion. I guess that might have been a reason for GameStop to pull out of the deal.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Looks cool, but I doubt I'll ever get one.

Still, IMO, leave the amiibo-style figurines to Nintendo. It's their "only way" to "DLC" their games for now. We have enough DLC stuff as far as Playstation games are concerned. 1f602.png

That moment when someone doesn't realize that games like BOTW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and other Switch titles, do in fact have a season pass currently...

DLC isn't a problem as long as you're intelligent enough to realize that it's optional, not mandatory.

• Like 1