Flagged For Auto Collecting Blast Shards?

Smzthy-

That is ridiculously stupid. And great.

As for getting flagged, that won't happen as long as someone (in this case you and the person who created that mission) didn't go outside the confines of the game itself (eg. using someone else's save file, modifying the game code).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smzthy- said:

So there's a UGC mission that auto collects all of the blast shards within 5 minutes. I'd just like some confirmation as to whether or not this could lead to my list being flagged, as I will go from obtaining 50% of the shards, to all of them within a few minutes.

This is the mission...

This is the same method I used to get all of the blast shards and I never got flagged for it. Pretty good thing to use on your hard playthrough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smzthy- said:

So there's a UGC mission that auto collects all of the blast shards within 5 minutes. I'd just like some confirmation as to whether or not this could lead to my list being flagged, as I will go from obtaining 50% of the shards, to all of them within a few minutes.

This is the mission...

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

I have no idea. However, If you're worried about it. Let it run until you pop a trophy. Then quit. Restart a few hours later and pop the next trophy.. and so on...  until you popped them all. This way you have easy collection but you can space out the time stamps. 

Specifically

Things that are not flaggable:

• In-game glitches/exploits - These are considered mistakes not found or fixed by the developer by the time of the release of the game and due to them being able to be found by accident by anyone, it's not considered cheating. Additionally, deleting update data to use a glitch on a previous version of the game is also allowed and not a flaggable offense. Online glitches and exploits possible in-game are also allowed.

This would clearly be a glitch/exploit. Available to anyone to use, doesn't require you to modify your console or use an unsigned save. I'm sure all the fastest times on the leaderboard have used this, and it is referenced in the .org guide (although not in the guide on this site)

Should be totally safe

• Like 2

I don't know why people think this is such a big deal.

All I did for the UGC missions was pick the shortest and easiest ones I can find. Did a bunch of them, popped the trophies, never went back.

Blast Shards are fairly easy in this game because it's much more convenient having them on the map for you after you reach a certain point. In the first inFamous you had to print out a map for all the Blast Shard locations, mark them one by one, and carefully collect them in the three districts until you had all 350 of them. Not terrible with a pen and map handy, but collecting them without those is a real nightmare. 

Getting flagged for using a UGC mission to collect all the shards would be bullshit. It's really not any different from all those players doing the Bolt glitch in the first Ratchet and Clank.

• Like 2

I agree here, all in game stuff, I suppose so long as the shards are all in order, it'll be fine.  After all, don't want to be like those that cheat on the first game and have the shard trophies pop out of order.  Then again, the first game doesn't have anything like this in it, so the argument is pretty much void.

But man, wish I knew about that when I played the game... unless a mission like that hadn't been made when I got the platinum in this game xD

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Used it. Wish it was available for Infamous 1.

Recently? Been trying to keep on top of the UGC thread regarding server availability, but if it's doable today, I'll probably hop on tonight to just get them done.