When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

• 1 month later...

I have a hefty backlog of PS3 games still, but I have noticed that I've slowly migrated over to my PS4 more often. I usually have to convince myself that it's time to get a PS3 games done.

So, I have no time frame, I can imagine still playing the PS3 when the PS5 is out. But I am slowly fading away from it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheViper4Life said:

I have a hefty backlog of PS3 games still, but I have noticed that I've slowly migrated over to my PS4 more often. I usually have to convince myself that it's time to get a PS3 games done.

So, I have no time frame, I can imagine still playing the PS3 when the PS5 is out. But I am slowly fading away from it.

This^

I also have a large PS3 backlog but as time goes by, I'm spending less and less time on my PS3 - though I doubt I'll ever completely give up on it :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I finish my small PS3 backlog (Mass Effect series, and a few others), and after Sony stops giving PS Plus freebies next March, then I'll likely retire the old console.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

Whenever my current PS3 (80GB model from 2011) finally stops working. As of now, it still runs pretty well and plays games with little to no issues. I have been playing Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition and NieR over the past two weeks on my PS3, but I have not been able to log into my PSN account with my PS3 to update my 14+ new trophies that I have gotten in that span (stupid 8002a537 error).

Seems like I already have. I replayed Life is Strange and Tales From the Borderlands on the PS3 last year and played Saints Row The Third DLC. In 2016 I played the Sly trilogy. This year, nothing. No replaying games on an alt account or anything. My PS3 has been a YouTube/Netflix machine for my living room the last year or so. But, who knows. I still have a lot of games for the PS3, some of which are digital. I may as well keep them just to have and maybe one day I'll replay some of my favorite PS3 games that haven't been remastered.

Edited by Jay_Cash

Probably never so far the Ps3 has been my favorite console and I've owned at least one console from every generation starting at the 5th. A lot of the games are awesome and a good chunk are still only on the ps3. But even for the ones that are on the Bone or Ps4 I still prefer to play them on the ps3.