MidnightDragon

When will you stop playing PS3?

393 posts in this topic

Until the PS3 Support is completely cut

I was thinking the end of the year at one point, but think it'll be longer than that.

When my main machine, my self boosting machine and my still brand new in box back up machines all die, no shops have any left and ebay has run dry of second hand ones, then I might think of stopping

But not until then.

I have a backlog of games I'm trying to get through before the servers are shut down for good.  3 Hitman games, Red Dead Redemption, a few CODs, Ghost Recon etc

Probably never, my backlog is so huge I'll still have games left when I'm 6 feet under. 

I have a hefty backlog of PS3 games still, but I have noticed that I've slowly migrated over to my PS4 more often. I usually have to convince myself that it's time to get a PS3 games done.

So, I have no time frame, I can imagine still playing the PS3 when the PS5 is out. But I am slowly fading away from it.

2 hours ago, TheViper4Life said:

I have a hefty backlog of PS3 games still, but I have noticed that I've slowly migrated over to my PS4 more often. I usually have to convince myself that it's time to get a PS3 games done.

So, I have no time frame, I can imagine still playing the PS3 when the PS5 is out. But I am slowly fading away from it.

This^

I also have a large PS3 backlog but as time goes by, I'm spending less and less time on my PS3 - though I doubt I'll ever completely give up on it :).

I'll quit when I run out of RPGs (worth playing) to platinum.

I'll keep playing as long as their are games left for me to earn trophies in.  Probably won't play any new games on PS3, but I like going back and cleaning up old ones in between PS4 games.

until there is no more support for it... won't be buying any new games though since i already own a ps4

I like to play some older games from time to time so as long as there's no possibility to play certain PS3 games on the newest hardware the PS3 will remain active. 

When I finish my small PS3 backlog (Mass Effect series, and a few others), and after Sony stops giving PS Plus freebies next March, then I'll likely retire the old console.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

PS3 is still cool ) I have a lot of unfinished ps3 games in my psn account )

Likely never. I still have like 20+ games in my backlog waiting for me to play them.

Not for a while, lately I have been trying to finish PS3 and Vita games so I have been playing them mostly. I have not really used my PS4 for weeks

Whenever my current PS3 (80GB model from 2011) finally stops working. As of now, it still runs pretty well and plays games with little to no issues. I have been playing Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition and NieR over the past two weeks on my PS3, but I have not been able to log into my PSN account with my PS3 to update my 14+ new trophies that I have gotten in that span (stupid 8002a537 error).

There's too many fun games to play on the PS3. Actually, to me, more than on the PS4...

So I'll hold on it (and the Vita) for a long time to come.

Seems like I already have. I replayed Life is Strange and Tales From the Borderlands on the PS3 last year and played Saints Row The Third DLC. In 2016 I played the Sly trilogy. This year, nothing. No replaying games on an alt account or anything. My PS3 has been a YouTube/Netflix machine for my living room the last year or so. But, who knows. I still have a lot of games for the PS3, some of which are digital. I may as well keep them just to have and maybe one day I'll replay some of my favorite PS3 games that haven't been remastered.

Edited by Jay_Cash

Probably never so far the Ps3 has been my favorite console and I've owned at least one console from every generation starting at the 5th. A lot of the games are awesome and a good chunk are still only on the ps3. But even for the ones that are on the Bone or Ps4 I still prefer to play them on the ps3.