The Hunting Grounds [Winners announced]

Paleblood

Damn, i forgot about this event..

Yeah i currently facing so RL problems, which lead to me not being able to buy games for now.

So sadly i cant participate anymore. I might be able to join in down the line though since it's going for a while.

I'm really sorry about that...

@Swifty-Joker

Edited by Sundr0wn

On 14-3-2018 at 9:16 AM, Swifty-Joker said:

Sharpen your weapon of choice good hunter, for the hunt is about to start.

@Dragon-Archon @Sundr0wn  @ElrayMickaelius @KittyPunk @HailHale81 @M3M0-L30N_2 @dark69knight @NaseemJohn @ee28max @ApriIis @GTA_Darren @ddracarys @PermaFox @MarioMan200 @ZeroGeass1 @DEMONICRUBLE18 @Mapa @giantturnip @DuckSwimmer @JorgeSleep @Arctic Cress @midgetstrawdog 

I wish every one of you the best of luck, may the hunt begin.

If you hadn't mentioned me, I wouldn't have remembered this :lol: . I should finish Grand Kingdom up fast and start some of those games that count.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sundr0wn said:

Damn, i forgot about this event..

Yeah i currently facing so RL problems, which lead to me not being able to buy games for now.

So sadly i cant participate anymore. I might be able to join in down the line though since it's going for a while.

I'm really sorry about that...

@Swifty-Joker

Don't apologize, real life always comes first. Hope you get that sorted out, maybe you can hop in later!

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If you hadn't mentioned me, I wouldn't have remembered this :lol: . I should finish Grand Kingdom up fast and start some of those games that count.

Haha, thats why I did hon :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, giantturnip said:

I looked at my Red Dead redemption trophy list, and while it says 5%, that includes DLC and the core game is 7%. Not sure if I should go for this.

Sorry, main game has to be 5% or lower. Unfair advantages and all that.

Unfortunately I only thought about another rule yesterday, where you can start a game with more than 5% on your profile but gotta take a hit in points. (Like -3 points in your case for example). But implementing this now feels wrong to me, since I had enough time to figure out a ruleset and just missed it.

48 minutes ago, Swifty-Joker said:

Sorry, main game has to be 5% or lower. Unfair advantages and all that.

Unfortunately I only thought about another rule yesterday, where you can start a game with more than 5% on your profile but gotta take a hit in points. (Like -3 points in your case for example). But implementing this now feels wrong to me, since I had enough time to figure out a ruleset and just missed it.

That rule does make sense, and could work for future comps if you ever choose to do any, but I would also say the points decrease depending on the percentage. The -3 points might be implemented for percentages between, say, 6%-15%, and then further decreases the higher you go. You don't want just a -3 points for some who already has completed 90% of MHW before a competition starts.

21 minutes ago, giantturnip said:

That rule does make sense, and could work for future comps if you ever choose to do any, but I would also say the points decrease depending on the percentage. The -3 points might be implemented for percentages between, say, 6%-15%, and then further decreases the higher you go. You don't want just a -3 points for some who already has completed 90% of MHW before a competition starts.

Yes, that was my thought process exactly.

So in your example I would cut off 3 points. But if someone has done like 90% of Red Dead I would probably just give them 1 point for it. On the other hand I would probably even give this rule a cap for say like 25% completion max.

Edited by Swifty-Joker

Hunting Ground event - Aprilis

As requested I will keep all updates on a single post.By the end of the competition this post will be to go to place for @Swifty-Joker to check which games I've completed by the end of the competition as well the points for each game.I'll also add a segment that will let people know what game I'm playing at the moment and my progress so far ,hopefully it'll be used by other competitors  as an estimate to where you may be in regards to the ranking in the event.

Games completed.(4)

Dragon's dogma (ps3) =6 

- Alien isolation (ps4) =3

- Bloodbourne  = 9

-Prey = 6

Current game.

- Metro: Last light (ps3)

Edited by ApriIis
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ApriIis said:

Just finished stage one of @Dragon-Archon Dragon's dogma guide for Hero trophy( Great guide btw) .So far I haven't missed any side quest and all is going to plan.Starting stage 2 later today and hopefully going to finish it quickly since there's only 8 missions total in this stage.I'm really enjoying the game so far,definitely a game wrorth playing.

It's good to know the guide is still helping people years after it was written. Happy hunting.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still in Thailand. I‘m back on Sunday morning after about 25 hours of travel time, so I guess I‘ll catch up to everything on Monday. 

Miss you guys and I‘m excited to hop back into the forums. 

Edited by Schwifty Swifty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Schwifty Swifty said:

Is there anyone doing anything at the moment? :lol: How are you guys doing?

Started playing Dragon's Dogma DA yesterday on PS4, only two hours into the game at the moment ?

Shouldn't the Dark Arisen version of the game also be on the list with more points? On PS4 you have additional trophies for BBI, and doing those will make the game longer than the 50 hours required for the normal version of the game. There's also a trophy for getting to lvl 200 which will take some grinding ?

Edited by ZeroGeass1

15 hours ago, Schwifty Swifty said:

Is there anyone doing anything at the moment? :lol: How are you guys doing?

Honestly, I'm sorry but I think I need to retract from this giveaway. I didn't realise that we needed to complete the games within the giveaway's duration, until after the giveaway had started. As you can see in one of my earlier posts, I joined this giveaway with Horizon: Zero Dawn. The thing is, at the time, Horizon: Zero Dawn was already at 100% on my account. :P Once again, I apologise for the inconvenience I have caused.

Good luck to the remaining participants, who yknow, actually read the original post properly!

20 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Honestly, I'm sorry but I think I need to retract from this giveaway. I didn't realise that we needed to complete the games within the giveaway's duration, until after the giveaway had started. As you can see in one of my earlier posts, I joined this giveaway with Horizon: Zero Dawn. The thing is, at the time, Horizon: Zero Dawn was already at 100% on my account. :P Once again, I apologise for the inconvenience I have caused.

Good luck to the remaining participants, who yknow, actually read the original post properly!

Why back out? There's other games on the list you can play and one of them you just beat being Far Cry 5.

I'm working on Far Cry 5 myself

24 minutes ago, Snypomaniac said:

Hey @Schwifty Swifty

cool giveaway,

but why can't we enter after march 15...? 

Because I wanted everyone to start under the same conditions.

3 hours ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

Started playing Dragon's Dogma DA yesterday on PS4, only two hours into the game at the moment 1f600.png

Shouldn't the Dark Arisen version of the game also be on the list with more points? On PS4 you have additional trophies for BBI, and doing those will make the game longer than the 50 hours required for the normal version of the game. There's also a trophy for getting to lvl 200 which will take some grinding 1f61b.png

Isn't every version of Dragons Dogma automatically patched to Dark Arisen? Did I confuse this with some other game?

Scrap this, I just saw the 2 trophy lists. I'll look into it.

Edited by Schwifty Swifty

Started God Eater 2 Rage Burst about a month ago, but due to being very busy progress is slow. In addition to that, I'm also writing a guide for the game, which further decreases the available gaming time.

55 minutes ago, Schwifty Swifty said:

Isn't every version of Dragons Dogma automatically patched to Dark Arisen? Did I confuse this with some other game?

Scrap this, I just saw the 2 trophy lists. I'll look into it.

The PS3 version didn't have trophies for the Dark Arisen content, even after the re-release and it was possible to plat it without ever touching any of the Dark Arisen content. The PS4 version changed the trophy list, so now the DA content is mandatory in addition to doing a speedrun and hard mode playthrough.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The PS3 version didn't have trophies for the Dark Arisen content, even after the re-release and it was possible to plat it without ever touching any of the Dark Arisen content. The PS4 version changed the trophy list, so now the DA content is mandatory in addition to doing a speedrun and hard mode playthrough.

Thank you for the information, it's easily in the next category of points with that in mind.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on PS4 is 10 points now.

1 hour ago, Schwifty Swifty said:

Because I wanted everyone to start under the same conditions.

But those who start later, are actually worse off, if I'm correct. So you don't hurt those who started before March 15. 

Also, marry me Taylor Swift. 

Thank you.