What is the WORST game you bought and play. JUST for the trophies!?

SuchRemorse

My Name is Mayo

Energy Cycle

Magus

5 Star 1000 Top Rated

.detuned

While I knew going into it they had simple Plats/100%'s, it mostly came down to sheer curiosity. I get on forums, see people discussing them constantly, and I just get the urge to see what all the fuss is about. 

But I also don't see a big issue with playing these either. I mean, sometimes I'm just not in the mood for something more complex...I want to play something, but not anything "normal", so pop one of these games on and get them out of the way quickly...usually it satiates that appetite I had. 

Leaving Lyndo and Deliriant were really cheap games I got for an easy 100%. Good thing they were both so short. ‘Walking Sim’ is even too good a label to apply to these games.

Wheel of Fortune I got for some nostalgic gametime, and another easy 100%. Unfortunately it ran terribly and crashed every other game.

Oh sir the insult simulator 

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned this before on other threads and possibly this one at some point, but don't go anywhere near it if you want to get every trophy. Horrible rng crap with one trophy called say no more taking anywhere between 10-50 hours! Seriously an truly fuck awful piece of shit game. 

On 10/5/2018 at 2:50 AM, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Oh sir the insult simulator 

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned this before on other threads and possibly this one at some point, but don't go anywhere near it if you want to get every trophy. Horrible rng crap with one trophy called say no more taking anywhere between 10-50 hours! Seriously an truly fuck awful piece of shit game. 

I looked at the trophy guide and it said 100 hours possibly.

So is this a trophy that is completely luck based and may not come up for 4 - 5 hours at a time?

If so, I'm definitely skipping on this. Though I will admit this is a type of game that looks fun to play when you got a bunch of friends around and they're all drunk from alcohol.

Edited by Spaz

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I looked at the trophy guide and it said 100 hours possibly.

So is this a trophy that is completely luck based and may not come up for 4 - 5 hours at a time?

If so, I'm definitely skipping on this. Though I will admit this is a type of game that looks fun to play when you got a bunch of friends around and they're all drunk from alcohol.

It's funny for the first few times you play but it wears thin fast.

If you are not bothered about the plat go for it but if you want to get every trophy DON'T DO IT! 

The trophy in question you have to create the phrase 'your wife, is interested in photography, nudge nudge'. The last part or the phrase hardly ever comes up and you need to try and keep the first 2 parts until it does which is not easy with that stupid game and it's bullshit randomness! I was actually quite lucky in all fairness. I know poor sods that have been trying to get it for months on end :-/

Edited by I need more BIOSHOCK

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, SuchRemorse said:

I have a few I can think of.... Anybody else? I recently bought Aleric... Looked like an easy Platinum but the game sucks and I don't even wanna play anymore.. Ugh. 

Orc slayer bought it for the trophies couldnt even get through that fucking disaster. Id rather grind a 100 hour open world game than play another hour of that shit.

• 1 month later...

Samael Legacy of Ophiuchus

Holy shit this game is bad normally about $32 as well no saves no checkpoints the game doesn't even have any setting options but supports HDR, Night time you can't see anything and in the day you can't see much and day last probably just 1 min you really need to play this shit to see how bad it is.

I need this thread to vent. Badly.

-Little adventure on the Prairie:Fucking awful but can be platted in 15 mins.

-Albedo Eyes from Outerspace: I said this in another thread but anytime I think of the worst game I have played my mind bolts to this. Plat is about 2 hours long.

-Virgina: Boring as fuck. Idk like 5 hours or something.

These aren't bad games I bought just for platinum, they're games I bought expecting something better but they were bad but I continued through for the platinum anyways.

Blue Reflection - I really like magical girls and was really looking forward to this but it all sucked. Battles were too easy even on hardest difficulty, there was no story and barely a main antagonist, none of the characters were enjoyable, the fanservice was too much, and the translation had so many errors. Only redeemable qualities was the environments and music.

Earth's Dawn - I got really into hack n slash games and /v/ suggested this as a cheap game. I wanted to quit after like 3 hours it's so bad. The story is typical kaiju invading Earth and humans defend it, nothing special. The combat got stale with almost nothing to offer because of the lack of variety in enemies. My biggest complaint is the audio mixing. There was no music for half the time and sound effects just didn't seem to mesh well or sound right.

Steins;Gate 0 - Loved the original, and without spoiling anything it's all comparably shit. Still read all of it though just in case something good happened.

Root Letter - Was interested in the concept but it was a major let down. Don't know if it was just a translation error or this was the way the characters were intended to be written but none of these people actually felt human. They all acted and reacted in disingenuous ways. This is how people talk to one another. After the first ending I just skip texted everything because I just didn't fucking care.

Secret of Mana - It's not a bad game, just a bad remake. I hadn't played the game by the time it was released and wanted the trophies so I played this one. The voice acting is atrocious and the very first time I turned voices off in any game. The game play looks similar to the original SNES title. The worst thing is that the game crashed on me 23 times while aiming for the platinum, which only takes about 20-30 hours.

Yooka-Laylee - If you already know about the game you already know all the common complaints people have about it. Boring, big, mostly empty worlds. Awful bosses, especially the final boss. Mainly played it just because I was curious how bad it was myself.

Collar x Malice - First off, I didn't realize it was an otome game when I bought it. Read the basic plot of it online but nowhere did it mention it. I bought it and was genuinely giving it a chance because I was still interested in the plot. The dating sim aspect didn't turn me off, instead it was the main character. She was the worst thing ever. Just started skip texting like 5 hours in.

Games I don't own yet but plan on playing eventually and I hear bad things about: Last Rebellion, Time and Eternity, Cross Edge, Extinction.