SEGA Genesis Collection coming to PS4 on May 29th, 2018

1 hour ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

Yes ?

Edit: Isn't Phantasy Star 1 a Sega Master System game?

Yes it was. Still have my copy around somewhere, but it was definitely not on the Genesis. Wonder if my Master System would still power on ?

I hope the Phantasy Star IV version works completely. It's my favorite Genesis game of all time.  I've played through it on a few different emulators over the years and the game freezes in the same spot each time. It's happens whenever I down the second to the last boss in the game. 

2 hours ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

Yes 1f44c.png

Edit: Isn't Phantasy Star 1 a Sega Master System game?

Is it? *shrug* Still, bend the rules and give it to me anyway... :P maybe it'll be hidden in there, wasn't it in the PS3 collection?

2 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

Phantasy Star is there...

*the first*, best not to skim.

1 hour ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

You can get it on ps3 btw in case if you don't know 

I know, I've played Gunstar Heroes, SoR 2 and Comix Zone on PS3 already, it's just neat to have them all gathered in the same place (and on PS4). Play a little bit of this and a little bit of that after you know. Just like like in a Dave & Buster's.

I'm not sure what these types of collections are limit to but would like to see a collection with these games added
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco the Dolphin 2
Ecco Jr.
Sonic 3
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Desert Demolition
Aladdin
The Lion King
CoolSpot
PaperBoy
Rocket Knight
Sparkster
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition
Mickey Mania
Sonic & Knuckles
TMNT Hyperstone Heist
Buster's Hidden Treasure
X-Men Clone Wars 2

Mainly because I'm just too lazy to hook up my Sega Genesis but I think I need another one anyway.
I'll likely wind up buying this collection as well even though I have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection

• Like 1

I don't know if it's exactly the same list of games, but at a quick glance, it looks very similar to the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Ultimate Collection on the PS3. I played that pretty recently, so I don't see myself getting this tbh. Cool for the people who haven't played that, though.

Needs Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Mean Bean Machine, OUT RUN FOR FUCK'S SAKE AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT "FERRARI BULLSHIT" BULLSHIT THE FIRST ONE DOESN'T EVEN USE THEIR CARS THEY'RE JUST HEAVILY THEMED, Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter 2 (for a laugh), and a few more I'm blanking on.

But most importantly, it needs to come to Switch. I already got their PS2 set, and their PS3 set, and even the PSP set, I'll get the PS4 set too but like, Switch it up boiz!

Buying this by default. The actual collection doesn't look like much of a step up from the PS3 compilation (maybe worse, with no Master System games), but still, it'll be fun revisiting most of the games, especially with a fresh set of trophies to collect. This also gives me (yet another) chance to get to the end of the Phantasy Star games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

I'm not sure what these types of collections are limit to but would like to see a collection with these games added
-snip-
Mainly because I'm just too lazy to hook up my Sega Genesis but I think I need another one anyway.
I'll likely wind up buying this collection as well even though I have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection

I'd love a lot of that list being included. Why we don't get as many games as possible is beyond me. [it's bluray and these games are like... mbs in size most of the time].

But I think the problem for some of those is they're licensed games. But for the ones that are just Sega's, like Ecco, Sonic 3 + Knuckles, etc. it's a shame that they're not in this.

5 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I'd love a lot of that list being included. Why we don't get as many games as possible is beyond me. [it's bluray and these games are like... mbs in size most of the time].

But I think the problem for some of those is they're licensed games. But for the ones that are just Sega's, like Ecco, Sonic 3 + Knuckles, etc. it's a shame that they're not in this.

Xbox 360 got Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles on Live though.

Edited by Dr_Shaneman