Games you regret buying. Why?

dermarx

First of all, sorry if such a Topic already existed, didn't found any.

So, I read a poll on Facebook a few minutes ago about (good) Games people regret buying, and why they regret it. 

I think I could open a similar Topic here. 

Actually I regret buying Monster Hunter World. Bought it on Release Day with my buddy, but we didn't play it that much since you can't continue the Story together. It is a good game, no doubt, but not exactly what we expected. So, it is now on our HDDs with like 5 Hours played.

• Like 1

I regret buying Energy balance.Thought it would be a fun puzzle game with an easy platinum,but from level 5 up it was frustrating when you ended up being -1 from the number you needed,lucky for me it was only 3.99 unlike Monster Hunter World ?

• Like 2

There are so many games I've gotten over the years I've been disappointed with, but I'll just list a few.

• Final Fantasy XIII - After years of hype and all that marketing, I was just incredibly disappointed. After getting  hours in and still being in the tutorial, I was getting frustrated. After hitting 10 hours and still not being able to switch party members, I was incredibly annoyed. Then one of my friends showed me that auto-battle could not only be mashed, but it was faster and better than choosing options, and I was done.
  • Ni No Kuni - I expected a lot from this game, because it was hyped up so much, but I don't get it. It felt very mediocre overall, and was painfully slow paced. I couldn't even make it through the story.
  • Young Justice Legacy - I didn't expect a good game when I got this, but as a big fan of the show, I thought I could at least enjoy the story. I was wrong. This game is terrible and I immediately regretted buying it. I forced myself to get the plat out of principle, because I bought the digitial version and I wasn't about to let them take my money for no reason.
  • Bioshock 2 - The first Bioshock was an incredible game, so when a sequel happened, I was pretty excited. Unfortunately, the story wasn't anywhere near the same level as the first one, and the game was full of game breaking bugs.
  • Skyrim - I was a huge fan of Morrowind and Oblivion, so when a new Elder Scrolls game came out, I was pretty excited. The game is a broken mess though. I've never been able to play for more than an hour without the game crashing or having to reload due to a bug. This game needed a lot more testing and a lot more bugs removed, and I felt bad supporting such a broken mess, and letting the developers think that it's okay to release a game unfinished.
  • Digimon World Next Order - Before this game came out, it was made out to sound like it was going to be like most of the other Digimon games. Like Cyber Sleuth. And it was not.
  • Gravity Rush 2 - I waited for weeks to buy this game, and it turned out to be an absolute mess. Had I not gotten the digital version, I would have returned it.
  • Like 2

Madden 15 is the only game I actually regret buying.  It's got a couple trophies that I can't get just because of some weird EA server error.  A lot of other people don't seem to have any problems, but I did.  There were still people reporting that same problem to EA in Madden 16, but it didn't get fixed.  All aboard the EA hate train I guess.  :P

It's been a while since I checked (probably late 2016), so maybe I should just to make sure they still haven't fixed it.

I like Madden (played a few versions over the years going back as far as Madden 93), but I just didn't like how they just left that broken for so long like they didn't care.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:
  • Digimon World Next Order - Before this game came out, it was made out to sound like it was going to be like most of the other Digimon games. Like Cyber Sleuth. And it was not.

The reason I bought it was because it was made out to be like the other Digimon games, and it delivered absolutely. As far as I was aware it was always compared to other Digimon World games and that was accurate. It was never compared to Digimon Story games like Cyber Sleuth.

My most recent regrets are probably Steep and Prey.

- Steep because it's always online and exploring is kind of boring.

- Prey because it had a massive price drop within maybe a week.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

The reason I bought it was because it was made out to be like the other Digimon games, and it delivered absolutely. As far as I was aware it was always compared to other Digimon World games and that was accurate. It was never compared to Digimon Story games like Cyber Sleuth.

My most recent regrets are probably Steep and Prey.

- Steep because it's always online and exploring is kind of boring.

- Prey because it had a massive price drop within maybe a week.

Prey is a great game, don't know why people dislike it. What did you expect before buying. 

• Like 2

Final Fantasy XIII-2, that's pretty much it personally.

Not even for the Game itself, i liked it (Waayy more than XIII personally) but for the price i payed it at Day one.

Payed it 70 € Day one, after 3-4 Months it was on Amazon for only 20/25 €..... could have waited.

At least i Played it right away when i got it so there's that, it's not like i had to still play it after 3-4 months platinum aside.

1 hour ago, dermarx said:

First of all, sorry if such a Topic already existed, didn't found any.

So, I read a poll on Facebook a few minutes ago about (good) Games people regret buying, and why they regret it. 

I think I could open a similar Topic here. 

Actually I regret buying Monster Hunter World. Bought it on Release Day with my buddy, but we didn't play it that much since you can't continue the Story together. It is a good game, no doubt, but not exactly what we expected. So, it is now on our HDDs with like 5 Hours played.

Probably Watch_Dogs 2. I found it boring. And Rocket League. Nobody to play with, not good at the game :/

• Like 1

"Timothy vs the Aliens". I saw the trailer and it looked really nice, the gangster theme, noir atmosphere... Bought it at launch day. I though I was buying a cool shooting-platformer game, but I ended up with a below average game, 4 hours shooting the same aliens over and over (no enemy variety at all) and looking for hotdogs through the empty, lifeless city. This game could have been much better; its definitely a missed oportunity.

Edited by GravityQueeen

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

Lords of the Fallen.

Same here and this was my very first PS4 game. Can you imagine? ? 

Never got used to the clunky gameplay and the boring story. Furthermore there is not a single likable character or memorable scene...currently Im trying to finish it at least once but its not fun at all

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GunnerZeus said:

Prey is a great game, don't know why people dislike it. What did you expect before buying. 

The regret was purely because it had a huge price drop almost right after I bought it. The game itself is good and is pretty much what I expected.

There's only two games I ever regret buying:

Yomawari: If you're an old school resident evil fan then you'll like it but It felt like it just dragged and somehow got a sequel

Aegis of earth: I got this on sale thank god, it's just feels like a mobile game. If I can find if for under £5 I would play it again but any higher then it's overpriced. It is a nice game to play then you have literally nothing to do but at the same time you've pretty much played the whole game after 10 minutes

Is it crushing anyone else when people are naming games you love and they regret? Poor final fantasy XIII, it'll always be my favourite game of all time. xD

• Like 1

World of Final Fantasy.. I bought it day one. I expected a wonderful game, celebrating all Final Fantasys.. And just got a Pokemon/Ni no Kuni rip off. The super annoying main characters did not made it any better. Only good thing about the game was the cute graphics and that it has japanese voice acting. But, as a Final Fantasy fan, I just had to platinum it, even though the game is shit.

7 minutes ago, Xel said:
  • Tales of Zestiria: It had cool music but that's about it.

And I agree with Tales of Zestiria, worst Tales game.

Edited by killivincent
  • Like 1