Special Editions Revealed

Parker

Rockstar has announced details for the Special Edition and Ultimate Edition of 

Red Dead Redemption 2,

and the Red Dead Redemption 2: Collector’s Box.

All preorders of Red Dead Redemption 2 will include a War Horse and The Outlaw Survival Kit. The War Horse, previously seen in the first game, is a valiant steed with greater stamina and speed than your average horse. The Outlaw Survival Kit contains a collection of useful supplies including Dead Eye,and items to replenish health.

Those who preorder Red Dead Redemption 2 digitally on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Store will also receive a cash bonus for story mode and an exclusive treasure map. However, to get the treasure map you must preorder by 31 July.

Those who purchase the Special Edition will receive exclusive content including a bank robbery mission and gang hideout in story mode, a dappled black thoroughbred racehorse, gameplay boosts, cash bonuses, discounts, special story mode items, free access to additional weapons, and the Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger outfit.

image004

An Ultimate Edition is also available, which includes all the content from the Special Edition plus additional bonuses for online such as outfits, access to the survivor camp theme, additional weapons, rank bonuses and a black chestnut thoroughbred.

image006

In addition, all digital preorders reward GTA Online cash. The Standard Edition rewards $500,000, the Special Edition rewards $1 million, and the Ultimate Edition will reward you a whopping $2 million.

If you're a die hard Red Dead fan, a Collector’s Box is also available which includes a metal tithing box with lox and key, collectable challenge coin, double-sided puzzle, six shooter bandana, treasure map, pin set, playing cards, cigarettes cards, and a Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue.

image009

Preorder bonuses for Red Dead Redemption 2 are now available. The Standard Edition is available for $59.99 from the PlayStation Store, the Xbox Store, and the Rockstar Warehouse. The Special Edition and Ultimate edition are available for preorder on the PlayStation Store, the Xbox Store, and the Rockstar Warehouse. The Ultimate Edition is $99.99 and The Special Edition is $79.99.The Collector’s Box is also available now for preorder from the Rockstar Warehouse for $99.99.

Source: IGN

dWJgrSd.png

9xpvlAR.png

4pCO84W.png

Parker

Edited by Parker

I pre-ordered two Ultimate editions at my store for my fiance and I(only $5 deposit at GameStop everyone). He found the collectors box pretty cool, but considering the "bundle" that GameStop is selling.. which is the box and the ultimate edition, if I'm not mistaken.. is a whopping $200. Considering we're both going to be getting the CEs of Call of Duty when announced and it comes out a week before Red Dead, plus I find the box isn't worth the $100.. this was a pretty easy decision for me.

I just hope this damn horse for online isn't trash. I don't want to be getting spawn trapped in a valley again. ?

Edited by DuckSwimmer

Question:

I bought last year on Amazon my preorder copy of RDR2.

49$ CAN was such a nice deal that I broke my oath to never preorder games anymore (looking at you LBP3 and AC:Unity...)

Does that mean that I won't have any of the stuff mentioned in the Special Edition ? 

7 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

Question:

I bought last year on Amazon my preorder copy of RDR2.

49$ CAN was such a nice deal that I broke my oath to never preorder games anymore (looking at you LBP3 and AC:Unity...)

Does that mean that I won't have any of the stuff mentioned in the Special Edition ? 

That is correct because you pre-ordered the standard edition. The special edition is $79.99 US dollars. Keep in mind, you're getting a discounted price because I assume you're prime? Amazon does not discount Limited/Collectors and potentially "Special" editions. I can confirm CE because they stated that in their discount policy thing now, I can also confirm for Limited Editions as well because I had pre-ordered a Limited Edition of a game(cost more than the standard) and Amazon refused to give the discount because it's not the standard edition.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

I'm good with the regular edition. Pre-ordered for $40 instead of $90 CAD so I'm happy about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Collector's without a statue/figurine.. Meh 2639.png

My thoughts exactly. -_-

I don't need all that other stuff.

Not sure if I'm going to pre-order it... (too many games on the horizon) .. If I do, it's probably the Special Edition.

1 hour ago, DuckSwimmer said:

That is correct because you pre-ordered the standard edition. The special edition is $79.99 US dollars. Keep in mind, you're getting a discounted price because I assume you're prime? Amazon does not discount Limited/Collectors and potentially "Special" editions. I can confirm CE because they stated that in their discount policy thing now, I can also confirm for Limited Editions as well because I had pre-ordered a Limited Edition of a game(cost more than the standard) and Amazon refused to give the discount because it's not the standard edition.

Thanks for the info ! 

Funny they want you to pre order and buy the very pricey stuff to get dlc, it just shows that devs now don't care for the players or want to treat them right they just want your money and once they have it they laugh themselves to the bank. I see a game crash coming soon I can tell as history seems to be repeating itself with how it is going right now. But this is just my two cents on it is all. I however like the look of the game but I would rather watch someone else play it as rockstar used to be kind to their players and so on now from what I seen they don't care anymore. 

Well I just got caught out rushing to pre-order the Collector’s Box that I didn’t notice it doesn’t include the game so now I’m thinking I’ll just give Rockstar the middle finger and buy the standard edition as an extra NZ$48 for a map and extra content isn’t worth it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I was about to buy this on release day, but seeing all this "Exclusive Content" (AKA we took shit out of the game to charge you an extra 20 dollars, sucker) makes me want to buy it used for the lowest possible price.

i guess in 2025 we'll be able to buy it at its lowest price :D 

22 hours ago, KANERKB said:

Funny they want you to pre order and buy the very pricey stuff to get dlc, it just shows that devs now don't care for the players or want to treat them right they just want your money and once they have it they laugh themselves to the bank. I see a game crash coming soon I can tell as history seems to be repeating itself with how it is going right now. But this is just my two cents on it is all. I however like the look of the game but I would rather watch someone else play it as rockstar used to be kind to their players and so on now from what I seen they don't care anymore. 

Seen people been predicting that for at least four or five years now. Hasn't happened yet.

Just a heads up for people in the US: the collector's box and the physical Ultimate Edition are exclusive to GameStop and R*'s store.

So I just got around to checking out the pre-order and am pretty annoying about the mission being part of the more expensive additions. I am also surprised there isn't more outrage on the interwebz about it. Seems like a super shitty move that will def make me rethink buying the game in general. :/ Also limiting content based off when you pre-order it?  GTFO.