The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

On 9/27/2019 at 10:16 AM, EcoShifter said:

Ignoring the irrelevant prior "counter"argument...

This wont end well. The majority doesn't matter, and anyone telling me otherwise is a hypocrite. There's a collection of games that are underrated (no not because of things like little advertisement or being overshadowed by other popular games releasing closely; some good games do bad or underwhelming even when the stars are aligned) and overrated thanks to the flawed ways of the human race, including their double standards. Outside the gaming industry, there's also a... majority of people... who do immorally wrong things and support unhealthy habits/hobbies/practices and, so this "majority card" that people play is utterly embarrassing and needs to stop. "My assessments" only come down to one specific subject that I primarily choose to write about, given the topic of this topic. Now, Naughty Dog's games are usually well made and deserve some of the praise they get, but there's also some praise that it doesn't deserve and is far overblown. For your own perspective, keep in mind they designed an IP that is my favorite game franchise of all time, and one of their games because of its mp (which was sadly shutdown 3 weeks ago) happens to be in my top 5 favorite games with mp on a Sony console.

Metacritic isn't a source of true and objective reasoning, it's a collective medium of people's primarily subjective views and biased opinions on the games they've played, some of which includes reviewers who don't even finish the games they review, completely disregard other major components of the game to give the game an irrationally positive or also negative rating, some who are at the very least paid or pressured (and maybe even threatened) into giving positive ratings, and more. Citing Metacritic in instances like these is simply idiotic, no offense to you personally, but that needs to be said. Many games on the site don't deserve some of the score ranges they're in, be it positive or negative, so again there are various reasons why people need to stop citing Metacritic to determine or argue a game's quality. That's without mentioning that when it comes down to cite it for particular other games, people then want to downplay and dismiss it because it doesn't line up with their views on the game (yet it's somehow fine to do so when it supports their narrative), hence my argument that it should be ignored entirely in arguments discussing game's quality. (Metacritic is literally, simultaneously gamers' best and worse friend for having a range of scores that people agree with and disagree with.)

That said, i'm well aware of the scores on that website. I keep track of that stuff for information and knowledge sake.

They sure did, but being nominated and winning doesn't mean they actually deserved those things, it just mean they won it. Not the same rational in comparison to physical events where people physically earn their awards 100% fair and square (vitamins aside for the people who do that) through their efforts that blatantly triumph those of others. I have no problem acknowledging the company's awards, because reality cannot be ignored, but i'm not going to ignorantly and naively claim or believe that all of it is non-arguably justified. Again with my thoughts on the game; that is primarily about the lack of or little value in the single player gameplay part of the games they make (which is especially true in Uncharted's series), especially in explicit comparison to other similar style games. Other games in the same genre of both TLOU and Uncharted gameplay wise outclass them, especially when ND fail to properly design elements of gameplay, such as stealth, and offer far less "player agency" because they'd rather have things being scripted and simplistic as possible, like the watered down combat in U4. It's the narrative in the Uncharteds and TLOUs that are typically better in comparison, which is no surprise because that's where ND put their most efforts in outside technology. There is no way in hell Naughty Dog excel and do the best at narrative, story, graphics, technology, music, and gameplay, or to make it less complicated narrative, story, graphics (since people still tend to hold that to such contradicting high regard), and gameplay.

Lol all this long paragraph and all of it wrong. ND is the better than all it’s “competition”, None of which even come close, they’re also objectively one of the best devs around, just because you don’t like them doesn’t change facts.

7 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Because not all delays do much to improve a game, if anything at all.

It being delayed means they can *potentially iron out *more bugs. No game is bug free. That quote doesn't apply to every single delayed game, so using it in that way is silly.

Lol delays do a lot to help improve a game dude, of course they do, don’t kid yourself.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Sucks that they had to delay it to the same month as Avengers, February was a much better month for this with no other games out at that time.

4 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

If the reason for the delay is to add multiplayer, then I'm fine with this news. If not......this kind of sucks because I have to tell my boss I need a different week off now.

Oh god no , I hope they don’t add the multiplayer at launch, I doubt that’s the reason, the SP is so ambitious, That they need more time. They’ve already said it was gonna launch separately and until they say otherwise thats still the case. The multiplayer wasn’t that great in the original anyway, so hopefully they stick to their word.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

They should delay further yet until they can get the multiplayer back in.

Nah no need for the useless multiplayer.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

A bit disappointed cause I was hoping to get it as a birthday gift since the first date was only a few days after, but I guess I don’t mind waiting, even if it’s a longer wait than I’d have wanted. Guessing maybe Sony was pushing for the earlier date, but it’s strange to change it so soon after announcing the first one.

@DarkHpokinsn and @EcoShifter         

Guys please, talk this out in personal messages. Don't act like little children. 

Back to topic: Quality takes time, so a delay is a good thing. You better wait for a good game than complain about a unfinished one. But to be honest it doesn't affect me, it was no day one buy for me anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

i wonder how many times Sony is going to let them delay this 

EHp9EGwUYAA3wKb.png

Well ND have a habit of delaying every single game they work on. But the end result is almost always a great game and experience. Glad its only 3 months. Uncharted 4 got like 3 delays, i  really hope this is the only one for TLOU2, since i can't wait to play it.

"We went with the latter, and this new release date allows us to finish everything to our level of satisfaction while also reducing stress on the team."

Happy they are taking the time, but even more happy they are actually recognising the people behind the production and keeping their mental wellbeing in mind when deciding whether to change the release date or not.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everyone should get "Spoiler Protection" extension at this point if they really care about not being spoiled ...

Some bastards are also spoiling the game by disguising spoilers as theories. (sending private messages on reddit)

Stay safe out there lol.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I read the plot spoilers and it makes me less interested in playing this at launch. I'll pick it up in a few years when it's $10.

I haven't read them and don't plan to, but do we know they're legit? False leaks come out all the time for all kinds of games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, droppingtherock said:

I haven't read them and don't plan to, but do we know they're legit? False leaks come out all the time for all kinds of games.

Pretty much the whole game ( cutscenes) got leaked.

My hype went from 100 to 0 in an instant, I cant believe what they did with the story.

I doubt I will ever play this game,  I would definitely hate a huge part of the playthrough. I am shocked.

Spoiler

I expected joels death from the start, so I was prepared but playing as joels murderer, hunting down ellie and killing her as the final "boss fight"?Are you kidding me?

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2