Beta FW 6.10 live - PSN ID Change Feature now available

Suminya

Here are some screenshots of the entire process: https://imgur.com/a/flQvHsW

Had to use one of my alt accounts for this, the entire process would be in japanese on my main account and I'm sure most people wouldn't unterstand a single thing. Didn't fully complete it, because I'm actually scared of losing the stuff I bought on there. Don't want to see my money go to waste.

Edited by Miku Maekawa
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Miku Maekawa said:

Here are some screenshots of the entire process: https://imgur.com/a/flQvHsW

Had to use one of my alt accounts for this, the entire process would be in japanese on my main account and I'm sure most people wouldn't unterstand a single thing. Didn't fully complete it, because I'm actually scared of losing the stuff I bought on there. Don't want to see my money go to waste.

After this you get the option to also display your old ID for 30 days to your friends. You're then signed out.

The exact reason why I just created a new profile instead. I haven't platinumed anything, and most of the games I want to platinum I am totally willing to play again. Add in that I don't lose access to games and it's worked out. If you're knee deep in, I don't see the point of changing your profile name for what seems to be major cons in the process. 

So, let's try and look at this in a more objective manner.

Cons: You may lose:

• All your DLC
  • Your save data (!!)
  • Online and offline (!!) game functionality

Pros: ...you change your name.

Yeah... I don't see much of a choice here, no matter how much my current ID blows. I already use my real name with my real-life friends anyway, so...

This is pretty much just creating a brand-new account. No. Thank. You.

• Like 2

Let's all remember that the namechange would be in full effect for games released after a certain date. Older games weren't made for this in mind. It sounds more scary than it is. Though I'd hold back if you have a big backlog from the ps3 days just to make sure.

Adding to that I'm certain they'll iron it out.

I get being cynical but sheesh.

11 minutes ago, Crimsonfire44 said:

Guys chill out. The name changes are in beta right now which means things can go wrong. Sony said you MAY lose paid content, saved data and online functions, you also might not. Not that you Will lose those things.

Exact. It's a beta. And a lot of people are going to change their id when it will be available for everyone, so we just need to wait a few week/month to see some feedback. And then , we can criticize.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Anke said:

Are there any PSNProfiles users who have actually gone through with it yet? 

I don’t even think so. Everyone here care for their trophies, games and saves. I don’t think that the beta test will be much of a popularity, because people are too scared for sacrificing the integrity of their content just for a name change, both normal gamers and trophy hunters.

Edited by Maxie Mouse