Sony Rewards revamping their website.

ThatMuttGuy

A friend pointed me in the direction of this little piece of info in the Terms and Conditions.

Trophy Pass: The Trophy Pass program has been discontinued. Sony Rewards members will not be able to unlock a new Trophy Pass after October 29, 2018.  For Sony Rewards members that unlocked a Trophy Pass prior to October 29, 2018, you may continue earning Sony Rewards points through the Trophy Pass program until November 7, 2019, at which time the program will be permanently discontinued for all Sony Rewards members.

Guess I'm popping DW9 today then.

• Like 1

Considering how easy it was to set up new accounts and popping easy 20 minute games like my name is mayo im not surprised theyre getting rid of it. Damn it, i hope that this doesn't means that once i earn the pass im currently working on its gone forever and i can still keep reearning them until i hit the limit or cutoff date, otherwise i saved all these easy games with lots of golds for nothing.

I fully expected that they were ending the program, especially since they refused to answer questions pertaining to trophy passes on Twitter. It was way too easy to accumulate PSN credit via trophies; I must have earned over $100 worth. Still very disappointing, though.

Once I finish any remaining passes, I'll no longer care about Sony Rewards. I don't really use my PlayStation credit card enough to matter.

Oh boy. Didn't see this coming. I'm sure NOBODY abused this at all. 

/s

I always rolled my eyes when somebody outside the US would complain or ask when they were going to get it. 

I was actually surprised Sony let it go on for as long as they did. I got $20 out of it. Happy enough with that.

2 minutes ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

I fully expected that they were ending the program, especially since they refused to answer questions pertaining to trophy passes on Twitter. It was way too easy to accumulate PSN credit via trophies; I must have earned over $100 worth. Still very disappointing, though.

Once I finish any remaining passes, I'll no longer care about Sony Rewards. I don't really use my PlayStation credit card enough to matter.

Yea, me too. You don't earn enough points from buying stuff. No longer a reason to visit that site now. Maybe I will once a year.

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'm not surprised in the slightest that the trophy passes are being discontinued.  That being said, I wonder what the new pass experience will be?  They reference it on the site after all.

The new experience is no longer trophy pass, enjoy earning point in much slower way. LOL

Btw, Thank you for your event that help push me for final 13 platinums.

As expected, when company revamp something and promise better experience. It will end up nerfing something down the line.

I got myself over $100+ through trophy pass. I am gonna miss it : (

Fun fact : trophy pass didnt make them any loss 

Edited by FielVeredus

wait so to be clear there will be no more points for trophies? if thats true then the whole page is useless. even if i buy 10 games on a flash sale that says double the point you still dont get squat for points. i was thinking of signing up for their credit card but i dont think ima even bother now. figures, the day i tried redeeming my 1k points the site goes down, goes back up and im screwed.

thanks everyone who downloaded the same 2 minute platinum games in 8 different regions, im sure you guys didnt ruin this for us all

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

i had some passes currently on progress and now I can't find them on the web 1f636.png the only pass currently in progress is KickStarter (or something like it)

Same here. I'm certain I completed both a platinum and a gold pass in late October, but haven't received the 1250 points for them. Messaged their support days ago, and haven't heard back. I'm not going to bother syncing my recent two platinums until they get the site sorted out... well, IF they do, at this rate.

They finally answered my question, as well, after nearly a week:

Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards online support.

We are currently experiencing a delay posting your earned points. Our team is actively working to fix the issue.

We appreciate your patience and continued support.

Kind Regards,

The Sony Rewards team

Hopefully, they're not just jerking us around. Also, they responded to someone on Twitter, who asked if his trophy progress was still being recorded:

Our team is hard at work updating our Passes experience. However, your progress towards passes is still being captured and will be reflected in your account when the Passes experience goes live.

So I guess it's safe to sync trophies, although I'm still skeptical.

On 11/9/2018 at 3:54 PM, Phil said:

I was actually surprised Sony let it go on for as long as they did. I got $20 out of it. Happy enough with that.

I had a pretty good run myself. As someone who earns everything legitimately, I managed about $70 this year, which is pretty good for an activity that I would have done anyway with no compensation whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...