The Hardest Trophies You Got in a Fair Way

Den_Punisher

Silent Hill Book of Memories took forever to platinum and then 100% DLC completion. Getting to Zone 100 then levelling to 50 is a chore and a half. Plus some trophies depend completely on random luck, especially when you are artifact farming by quitting and reloading save. I thought it was bad enough when I only had 2-3 artifacts left but when I had only 1 left, took me well over 3 hours trying to get that measly artifact. Grinding levels in this game takes forever, especially if you have DLC where you need to get to Lv70 so prepare for some mind-numbingly boring repetitive endless grinding once you've managed to get all other trophies out of the way.

Same for Mind Zero platinum. Game appeared similar to Persona series, so was really interested but turned out to be a huge disappointment. Combat gets incredibly repetitive from midgame onwards but due to how flawed the battle system is, particularly as a trophy requires you to play on expert, you cannot use auto battles but have to repeat the same strategy that takes anywhere from 4 to 6 turns for every single battle! And you need to fight a lot of battles to farm skillcards and exp. Luckily Exp grinding to 99 doesn't take very long in postgame but having to go through 50 levels in postgame dungeon was another mindbreaking chore (Final dungeon was only 15 floors lol). The same enemy palettes are continuously reused throughout the entire game with only their stats scaled up to make life difficult for you. Plus, you spend half the game trying to rescue someone with

Spoiler

you failing miserably as they get sucked through a portal and is implied to have completely lost their memories lol.

But no plans on a sequel I bet so really boring ending that makes you think what was the point of all that effort? Truly my mind was at zero from platinuming this game.

Let's Fish Hooked On is another time-consuming grindy game. Game can get glitched plenty with fish completely passing through your hook, forcing you to recast and hope to get lucky in attracting their attention again. Playing through World Tour Mode once was bad enough, but some trophies require you to play through the same shit again with the other 3 characters so another easy but incredibly boring grindy platinum.

DBZ Battle of Z has 5 trophies that require 7-8 players! I swear I never want to hold a boosting session with people from so many different timezones, with some of them gaining trophies and leaving immediately without helping the rest of us out. You will end up depending on completely random players to help you out, so start praying to RNGesus or the RNG Goddess or preferably both. Plus, 50 hours of mission time will have you equipping the autoguard card and leaving your Vita on mission 60, coming back every 20 minutes to restart mission, repeating that for

20-25hours.

SAO Hollow Fragment is another incredibly grindy game. Maxing out heroine affections for Don't cheat Daddy trophy for like 7 heroines takes forever, as the poor translation makes it almost impossible to understand their dating dialogue, making you press randomly between R or O with both options seemingly a positive acknowledgement but only 1 giving you points for every random dialogue. Then there is This Game is not for Fun trophy that requires you to defeat 100HNM monsters in multiplayer but good news is that you can do it solo. Bad news is that only 6-8 of these superbosses spawn at a time, with their respawn taking maybe an hour of ingame time, so another grind. Then there is the worst trophy of them all, completing more implement element researches than required for High Rank Test Player and this will have you do a LOT of grinding on Hollow Missions only. Like using 800 skills on Lv100+ enemies, using Just Back Step to dodge 1,000 enemy SKILLS, dodging enemy attacks perfectly 10,000 times.......

• Like 2

Emperor in Elder Scrolls Online. Need to be first place for your alliance in a campaign while your alliance controls all 6 emperor keeps. Basically requires you to never sleep and constantly grind, not to mention other people in your alliance that are pushing can and will work with other alliances to keep you from crowning. I did it once for trophy then again to get one of my other characters the in game achievement. The first time was only mildly painful the second was miserable. Never doing it again.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Datboy1991 said:

Emperor in Elder Scrolls Online. Need to be first place for your alliance in a campaign while your alliance controls all 6 emperor keeps. Basically requires you to never sleep and constantly grind, not to mention other people in your alliance that are pushing can and will work with other alliances to keep you from crowning. I did it once for trophy then again to get one of my other characters the in game achievement. The first time was only mildly painful the second was miserable. Never doing it again.

Same for me! I needed 26hours playing without a break.

Hardest Platinum was definately MONSTER HUNTER WORLD -- the measuring crowns trophies were a pain... took me over 700 hours to do it but I bet if i went back I could do it in less than 100.

Hardest Trophy... wow, it was actually in GOAT SIMULATOR... where you have to play this mini-game & get to 10 points floating thru latters w/o touching the top, or bottom of screen or the ladders. It was a tough SOB but I got it eventually.

I've been working on a Trophy from DRAGONBALL FIGHTERZ that requires you to get to 20,000,000 zenni. It's been nearly a year and I've only made about 4,500,000. So currently this 20 million zenni trophy is my white buffalo.

• Like 2

15Sb42aaf.png

Trials Fusion: Full Throttle III - Complete all Full Throttle challenges in first 8 events

Anyone thats played Trials games knows how hard they can get. This one took a couple hours per level and a couple levels of blood pressure

14S99e7e1.png

Trials Fusion: Unyielding III - Complete all Unyielding Challenges

Same reason as above, this one I think was harder even though its less of a rarity, you have to do the entire level without tilting the rider, there were a few sections that almost made me give up on this trophy

13Sc05e0f.png

Black Ops 3 - No one will believe you - complete campaign on realistic

You die in one shot...although this was quite difficult, I actually really enjoyed it. completely changes the way the game is played. I made it harder for myself though, I didnt unlock the right weapons in the first playthrough

1S24776e.png

Arcania - Geek - platinum

To get this, had to beat in on the hardest difficulty mode. For a game that isn't very stable or polished, when the combat usually ends in your death in 1-2 hits it can be quite challenging. Probably the hardest skill wise of my plats, but not super hard in general. like 7/10

• Like 1

The hardes't I got for now is

33Sefb323.png

Untouchable :gold:

Devil May Cry 4 Soecial Edition
Defeat Dante in the Bloody Palace without taking any damage.

I did it as default Nero.

Why it was the hardes't one? Well imagine playing for 2 hours Bloody Palace and reach the last floor (101) where you will have 1 try to beat Dante without taking any damage. Fail = start new Bloody Palace run and go try it again haha. I was practicing about 4 hours this fight on DMD M10, then failed 3 times in BP and on my 4th try got it, but it was so tricky at the end where I was close to beat him (I had a video, but I don't have my youtube anymore), so even if you think that you learned the boss... he will find so many ways to surprise you 

So yeah after this run, I got better at this game, and it wasn't a big problem to do it no damage... later on, I was able to do this fight within 1min, but at first, I was so worry to not getting a hit... cause I would need to play 2 hours again to reach the last floor for another try. So yeah, I had 3 attemt's in 1 day and got it ?

p.s. then we have people complain about "how hard was to do BP as Trish" ?

Edited by Mscream9
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, JaM said:

I still hate this trophy

Ys Origin

3Lab53e2.png

You're the Boss 
Complete Boss Rush in Nightmare difficulty.

Took me 4 consecutive days of attempts. Lots of retries and 9 hours of gameplay time not counting the numerous attempts with different characters. 

Yeah, we were in the same boat especially with basic skills ( no upgrade ).

• Like 1

For me :

- All ninja Gaiden series : trials missions, required skills from both players & know what to do + no lag.

- dead or alive 5: beat survival master.

- velocity 2x : get perfect in all levels. 

- uncharted 4 DLC : it... This trophy is insane without all of you literally know what do especially the last  two levels OMG.

• Like 4

Here's a few that drove me to insanity. 

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge

6L674f87.png

:gold: King Of The World

Complete all 50 challenge missions under par time.

I nearly took a whole day on two missions I just could not do because of the time constraints. I got wiped out so many times because I was not quick enough. This is a demanding RTS trophy and one that requires proper time management, speed and knowledge of the enemy. On my final mission, I finally achieved it. Unless you're an RTS fan, avoid this pain.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3

1Lc14813.png

:platinum: Platinum Trophy

Unlock all the trophies

If it wasn't for the co-op trophies, I don't think I would've been able to do this but despite that, co-op was brutal. The game has you not only beat the campaign (which without the right strategies can be a painful experience), do all bonus objectives, and then a lackluster amount of online/skirmish trophies. It took me a year to get this platinum but with some help from @cr1s I achieved it. Thankfully Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath never made it to the PS3 because based on those achievement lists, I would have been a wreck.

Lumines: Electronic Symphony

2Lb5032d.png

:silver: Time Stands Still

Erase 30 squares in Stopwatch Mode - 30 Seconds

I love this game to death but this nearly killed it for me. Speed and precision are key and I could not do it for a while. I almost chucked my Vita out my bedroom window but thank god I didn't. 

• Like 1

32S7482a9.png You Asked For It - The Evil Within

This difficulty really tested my patience in certain sections. However, it felt more than manageable because my first playthrough was on Nightmare without any upgrades, which can be just as testing at times.

28S0a39ba.png Let's fight someone strong! - Street Fighter V

I put in a lot of hours learning the mechanics of SFV and fighting games in general to earn this trophy. At first I would struggle to stay at the silver rank, but I continued to practice and started to pay more attention to some of my weak points like neglecting to block or anti air. Soon enough I found myself easily disposing of most bronze and silver players and making my way to the gold rank. Working towards this trophy has made me a much stronger player at fighting games. 

25Se1046d.png The Flapmaster - Goat Simulator

This trophy was frustratingly difficult and it made me absolutely despise this game.

23S40f95f.png My Power Level is 530,000 - Dragon Ball Fighterz

Nowhere near as difficult as the SFV gold rank trophy, but I still had to make quite an effort to learn the game's mechanics in order to earn this trophy. The most challenging part of this trophy was dealing with the plethora of rage quitters. I'm also quite proud of this trophy because it seems most people just boosted for it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mscream9 said:

Well done man! Those trials was a pain to do with controller and 30fps... very lazy port on PS4. On PC those trials won't be even close so hard 1f605.png
For me the hardest was "Headhunter" and here is a funny story. So the goal is to pass the trial with 100% accuracy... so I did with 110% by doing double headshot's... and you know what? it didn't acepted that 1f602.png then I did a second run and when I finished it... door didn't unlocked for me to pass it 1f611.png so, I glitched to finally get my reward, I deserved twice.

btw... can you check leaderboards if I'm still holding N1 in Back Alley Brawl (Expert Mode) trial. In 2015 I did 1 million pts.

Thanks man. That entire DLC was a living nightmare. Took me soooo many hours to fully complete it. The Bonfire challenges truely broke me, especially Daredevil. Achievements based on random spawns and a good amount of luck are just complete BS.

Haha Headhunter was a pain too... Sorry dude, can't check. I immediately deleted the game after achieving the last trophy ?

Currently this trophy is pissing me off...

38S9840b8.png

Sword Fu Master - Stories: The Path of Destinies

Chances are you won't get this gold trophy before you finish up your 25 playthroughs with this game (which takes between 20 - 35 minutes each). So you have to resort to grinding to get the last 5 - 10 levels or however many levels you got left. If you're like most people, including myself, this is the last trophy you will get before the platinum.

One of the most mind numbingly boring, repetitive games I have had the misfortune of playing. I guess next time I better think twice before starting a Playstation Plus game.

Warhammer 40K - Let the heavens bleed. Finish the Bonus wave of the DLC

56L54fc4d.png

You need to beat waves 16-20 again and then beat 21. We'd run out of ammo at this point with one of those special enemies and only hammers left... run out, hit him with a hammer, run back... very, very intense but very satisfying to complete

Army of Two: 40th Day - Survival of the Fittest - Finish all 16 waves of Extraction

51L527e62.png

Ridiculous… not sure how others found it, but this one took me all night.

Killzone 2 - Valour Grand Cross - Finish in the top 1% for the week

44L0216ff.png

I did this legit many years ago. I had 3 days to do this between work break and leaving for holidays.

8 hours a day for 3 days of pistol matches was enough... I was very, very happy when I saw this pop. There was no way I would have another block of time like that to play.

• Like 1

For trophies gotten with my own efort (altough i had some valuable help):

1.- https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/188-uncharted-2-among-thieves/54-made-it

"Made It"

Finish wave 10 in one survival game.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3).

Had a very, VERY VALUABLE help from a skilled french player that almost had maximum MP level. Basically, he/she carried me through waves 6-10 and saved my skin so very often (specially from those damnable chokers).

2.- https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/188-uncharted-2-among-thieves/61-you-cant-break-me

"You can't break me

Complete all three Co-op Objective maps on Crushing

Again from Uncharted 2.

Very good skilled partners and was achieved thankfully to the coordination in Discord. Thankfully to God, the Sanctuary level didn't glitched on us in the wooden bridge section but we sweated blood and tears in the last section  specially with the heavy armored guys and those God-cursed snipers. Compared to Sanctuary, Nepal and Village were walks in the park.

3.- And now for the hardest trophies achieved with the help of a team: All the MP trophies in Singularity. Hours and hours poured there, a long, long grind to achieve everything. I'm not passing through that nightmare again and i have only to finish the game on "Hard" difficulty (and getting 2 or 3 campaign trophies) to get the plat. Maybe will do it after i cheese whatever i can from Defiance.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
Correcting words.
  • Like 1

Probably the Uncharted Remastered games on Brutal difficulty. I know I used a skip for one section in UC1, but I wasn't aware of any for UC2 or UC3. Not sure how these aren't rarer trophies, since you're likely to die hundreds of times in some areas.

Other than that, maybe the Arkham Knight DLC combat challenges, Crash 1 and 2 (especially Stormy Ascent), and the Defiled Chalice Dungeon in Bloodborne. Some of the bosses were tough to beat in Shantae and the Pirate's Curse without getting hit. Oh, and Skylanders. It was either Swap Force or Trap Team, but that final boss made me want to break every figurine I own. Just ridiculously hard without an entire army of overpriced toys to throw at him.

• Like 1

All the S ranks on all difficulties in DMC4 Special Edition AND Bloody palace mode with Trish...worst character to play with in this game.

I would count killing Dante without taking damage at the final bloody palace floor but that can be attempted with a super costume. 

Honorable mention goes for Fist of the North star Lost Paradise for worst grinding trophies I had to attempt(so far)

• Like 1

It shouldn’t have been this trophy but the hardest one I’ve done was the Tower of Babble Easter Egg in COD: Black Ops 2 zombies. Now if you just play online with others it’s easy but at that time I didn’t want to play with strangers and set up boosting sessions so in the end I did it solo, splitscreen using 2 controllers. That was hard, time consuming and frustrating. I do not recommend this. ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Probably the Uncharted Remastered games on Brutal difficulty. I know I used a skip for one section in UC1, but I wasn't aware of any for UC2 or UC3. Not sure how these aren't rarer trophies, since you're likely to die hundreds of times in some areas.

Other than that, maybe the Arkham Knight DLC combat challenges, Crash 1 and 2 (especially Stormy Ascent), and the Defiled Chalice Dungeon in Bloodborne. Some of the bosses were tough to beat in Shantae and the Pirate's Curse without getting hit. Oh, and Skylanders. It was either Swap Force or Trap Team, but that final boss made me want to break every figurine I own. Just ridiculously hard without an entire army of overpriced toys to throw at him.

Those trophies on Brutal difficulty would be Ultra Rare with 0.01%, but except few players who have done this legit... all used in game cheats, glitches ect, so thats why they aren't so rare.

Guess I should post these trophies and share my experience hehe. 

let me guess... You used a skip in the first game on water area? ? but overal You also know the pain haha.

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

All the S ranks on all difficulties in DMC4 Special Edition AND Bloody palace mode with Trish...worst character to play with in this game.

I would count killing Dante without taking damage at the final bloody palace floor but that can be attempted with a super costume. 

Honorable mention goes for Fist of the North star Lost Paradise for worst grinding trophies I had to attempt(so far)

S ranks on missions aren't a problem if you learn a bit how Ranking System works. Trish is very basic and simple... she have few OP moves that destroys everything, but even with that people have a very hard time with her ? I'm even not gonna talk about doing Bloody Palace as default Dante. All I can say is... for those who cheesed game so hard... they never played a real DMC4.

p.s. I'm up to help players learn the game in true way ?

• Like 2

So guess I should share these ones ?

It was 2+ years ago since I've done that, but I still remember pretty good ?

Finish the Game on Brutal Without Changing the Difficulty

UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE REMASTERED

47Se11b82.pngCharted! - Brutal

UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES REMASTERED

46S5e5e72.png Charted! -Brutal

UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION REMASTERED

52Se82813.png Charted! - Brutal

So here is all 3 Uncharted Remastered Games on PS4 done on Brutal Difficulty fair (no in game cheat's, no glitches, or gun switch glitch) I did almost everything with my strategy, except few momen'ts that was looking really bad. It was Brutal indeed haha cause dying for nearly 500 times in such a short games is very annoying. To say how good I was at aiming... it was 80%+ accuracy, if we look on in game stats. The funny thing, that overal it goes pretty smooth, but damn those few big moment's in each game. It's very unbalanced game mode, because there are some momen'ts, where damage enemies gives you should been nerfed, but it wasn't. The main problem was AMO. In such intense game, I was many times with few bullet's... like really??? I still remember those moment's when, I was sitting in the cover in the middle of battle... so they was spaming me with bullets (I wasn't even able to shoot them back, cause no window yet for that) So one smart AI throwed right in me granade... and it was like: or I stay here and die by granade, or I'm running from it and die from their bullet's ? There a lot more to say, but it wasn't worth it honestly.

• Like 3

I’ve gotten lucky with a few of the trophies that appear here, notably the Dishonored Trials trophies gave me good runs for Daredevil, By My Hand Alone, and Headhunter

Personally speaking, the hardest ones that I’ve earned so far have probably been the Wipeout Omega Collection - it’s my longest platinum to date, and I swear I was twitching for days after earning the Zico trophies, and the platinum itself.

Possibly soon to surpass it will be Mighty No. 9 (which I beat my head against periodically) - I’m working on beating hard mode inside an hour at the moment, and with my reflexes for that style of platformer apparently lost to the ravages of time, that will become my hardest trophy when/if I achieve it.

Edited by darkjian92
Expanded detail
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2018 at 9:39 PM, Charizarzar said:

(Copying IceSoul's format 1f61c.png)

42S731cbb.png "Sum of All Zeroes"- CoD: World at War (Down 45 Japanese Zeros in 'Black Cats'. (Solo only))

For this one you basically had to shoot all the planes down in a particular level, and they were really hard to miss. This was back when I wasn't using HDMI so it was hard to know where to aim with such a fuzzy screen. It got easier once I learnt where all the checkpoints were though, so if I knew I hadn't shot enough planes just before the next checkpoint was about to start I'd reload it rather than having to start from scratch.

21S679b8c.png "Hardened War Hero"- CoD: World at War (Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty)

Technically it wasn't this trophy that was the hardest since you could get it by just finishing the second highest difficulty, but there were also trophies for finishing each level on veteran. I remember it being a complete nightmare because of the constant grenade spam. Most people seem to hate the Heart of the Reich level but Burn 'em Out was appropriately named cause it drove me stir-crazy. And this was before I was really into trophies or plats, I just liked to finish CoD games on veteran cause up until then I'd found it fun. 

51S4d67b3.png "Overachiever"- CoD: Modern Warfare 3  (Earn 48 stars in Special Ops Mission Mode)

This was probably the hardest one for me, you had to get 3 stars for each spec ops mission and the lag was always awful for the person not hosting. Some missions were also randomly easier with both 2 people or doing it solo, the last mission I needed to pop the trophy had to be done by myself cause I could never get past the first stage of it with a partner, I guess maybe they put extra enemies in it or something. A lot of the missions were also frustrating cause of the lack of checkpoints, so it'd be about 30 minutes wasted sometimes if you failed. Took a lot of willpower to finish the last few missions. Other than "Wetwork" from MW2 I thought the missions in that game were a piece of cake in comparison.

10Sb38801.png "Crush them with one swift stroke..."- Star Wars: Battlefront (Trample 25 soldiers with an AT-ST (Multiplayer))

I tried to boost this one with a group but it was impossible since there were too many randoms and a lot of the time someone would beat you to the vehicle token. I ended up really liking the multiplayer anyway and the trophy popped a while later. It was really hard to even get the token, let alone survive long enough to march over to a group and hope you could trample someone to death since obviously most people were smart enough to find cover and not stand right under your legs. If the playerbase isn't active anymore it's probably easy to boost this now though, I had a lot of fun doing most of those trophies solo apart from level 100 and killing the Falcon and Slave I since a teammate would always end up getting the last hit whenever I tried to do it.

29Sfd8660.png "Master"- Star Wars: Battlefront (Complete all missions on master difficulty in the original game)

Some of these missions were super annoying from what I can remember, I'm glad they ditched them in the second game even if II was a little too easy. Mainly survival on Tatooine and Battle on Hoth because there weren't many places you could take cover and you were dead in a couple of shots. I was ridiculously careful with Tatooine and ended up taking something like 3 hours to finish because I was nervous about venturing out if I couldn't tell where the last enemy was, cause some of them (like the snipers/scout troopers) were really hard to see.

Haha, happy to know someone liked the format I used x)

• Like 1

41S7b4f0f.png Predator Paragon (Batman Arkham Origins) - Pretty much all of the Multiplayer Trophies In Arkham Origins could make this list considering how unstable that server was. The challenge with this trophy was mainly remembering who had already been taken down. There were a few instances where I thought I had it, but must've taken out the same person twice.

23Sfcc4b6.png Hail to the King (Final Fantasy IX) - This one goes without saying. It took me about a week to do and I needed to take a month off from this game after completing this since I was so burned out and couldn't stand the sound of the music anymore. I intentionally did this one at the beginning since I knew I'd need a break and didn't want to interrupt the story.

34S58b1a0.png I'll Take the Physical Challenge (God of War) - The last of these challenges, with the Satyrs and the rising platform, gave me so much difficulty. The Satyrs would jab me and spin and pound me near the edge. Kratos would bounce and instead of standing, would fall through the edge. It was so amazingly frustrating. It's completion percentage doesn't look like it's as hard as I found it.

18Sad766f.png Chocobo Rider (Final Fantasy X) - I don't remember having a problem with this trophy when I played it the first time years ago. This trophy here sucked almost all the joy out of replaying it with the trophy support. The controls are so wonky and it took me forever to get this. 

41S76892d.png Point of Impact (Batman Arkham Knight) - This trophy ended up being the hardest one for me in this game. I'd get like three in a row and then miss a shot or get blown up or some other crap. I was pretty happy when I finally got this trophy under my belt.

36S463c06.png Seeker of Truth (Final Fantasy XIV) - This is probably the trophy I'm most proud of. I got this one with a Pick Up Group, before they nerfed it the second time by raising the level cap. It was something I tried for for months with random PUGs and I just never found  group that had researched the fight and knew what their role needed to be or could put everything together. With the group I did this with, we almost called it quits after a couple of tries, but everyone stuck it out since we could all acknowledge that at least everyone knew what to do. It was pure jubilation when we won. I was a little bummed when it was nerfed since it was kind of a badge of honor, but I'll always have the satisfaction I had from that win.

I have several other hard trophies that I'm proud of...basically all of the Super Meat Boy trophies that I've got so far were challenging and rewarding, but I feel like that's expected and this thread may be more for not so obvious ones.

It's a little weird, I don't boost trophies since I feel like it removes the feeling of accomplishment, however I'm not opposed to exploiting in game glitches to make things a little easier in other games. I'm not sure why I feel fine with one and not the other...but I used the dupe method in Demon's Souls to save on the grind (but I didn't have anyone drop me off their equipment), I save scummed in XCOM and XCOM 2 to make the Ironman runs doable, I skipped a play through of The Last of Us by replaying the first chapter in Grounded+, played Wolfenstein: The New Order on normal and only replayed the last chapter in Uber, and I'm currently working the Catherine Babel trophies but using a second controller by myself to make the puzzles easier. I've never used an exploit to skip a part of a game, only to make it easier.