Most difficult "easy" games

SuchRemorse

Hardest one for me was Super Night Riders. Doing the full circuit trophy takes memorization of the course, the opponent layout and a healthy dose of luck because one bump and you're done with no choice but to start over.

1 hour ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Actually I don’t but I’d like to. I have this game in my backlog since it was offered on the PS Plus - still time to decide to forget about it?

It is the best game I have played to date on the Vita. I completed it at work without being able to cross reference a trophy guide so I am not sure what trophy they are referring to either.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 3:03 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

Early on you don't have the skills to handle mobs of guys. Generally those only come in if you go into a fort and let the alarm go off, which you don't want to be doing. Just keep running the story missions and you'll get upgrades that make taking armies of orcs pretty doable.

If you do get mobbed, just run. The AI is incredibly stupid so if you jump up onto a roof with no ramps or duck into a hiding spot the orcs will lose interest very quickly.

Cheers mate. I might get back into it one day cos ive heard it gets easier. One thing i dint like is the cutscenes everytime you fight a enemie ?

On 5/3/2019 at 9:54 AM, Neef-GT5 said:

Actually I don’t but I’d like to. I have this game in my backlog since it was offered on the PS Plus - still time to decide to forget about it?

There is this specific area you have to go to, to get something.  And you have like a few seconds in order to beat it.  Such a bitch.

Edited by JNSpradlin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - Pretty easy game. Nothing hard at all, until you have to do the Enduro race. It's a DLC race and you do have to finish it to 100% the races. It's the longest race in the game and HARD. ? The last trophy before getting my Plat.

LEGO The Incredibles - Another easy game. The 'Raccoon Them Up' trophy is pure random pain. I nearly broke my controller finishing it. (used a pen to rub the buttons)

Old Man's Journey - 'Ride the train without an emergency break' trophy. Why this? Why?

Marvel's Spider-Man - The City That Never Sleeps DLC. Oh boy...the new enemies are way harder. Plus some have plasma that will really ruin your day. 

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds DLC. Like CTNS above the enemies are harder. Plus at the time I hadn't played the game in months so I didn't know the controls as well as I did.

Took me a while to finish that first enemy. Went had fun and finished the DLC. And then they went and nerfed the enemies.  ?

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

From personal experience:-

Alteric (still don't have the platinum)

Spiral Splatter (requires a lot of finesse)

Bridge Constructor (finicky controls and frequent crashes necessitating restarting the level I was in the middle of :shakefist:)

InkSplosion (slightly luck based due to the crap weapons the game occasionally gives you)

Orc Slayer (later levels were both tough and annoying plus those orcs that use magic attacks on you from miles away that sap tons of your health away were beyond annoying.)

Others mentioned 36 Fragments of Midnight and Sound Shapes but I didn't have problems with these personally. They just needed a bit of patience. Anybody's experience can differ I guess.

• 8 months later...

I've called it a day trying for the platinums for

Zeroptian Invasion

Perils of Baking Reloaded - I keep failing at the end of level 19 and every video I have found is for the PS4 version where the level design is different

Sigi a Fart for Melusina - The 30 minute trophy is a pain. Unfortunately the glitch got patched on the PS4 version. I might see if someone wants to help do it with SharePlay.

The most frustrating thing is that I have beaten far harder games. 

22 hours ago, manicmark said:

I've called it a day trying for the platinums for

Zeroptian Invasion

Not knocking you or your gaming skills or anything but..... Are you joking about this game? Or are you seriously having trouble with this? You can get a platinum in this game in under 5 minutes. It's probably most peoples fastest platinum. The platinum has a 91% completion rate. And the only reason I would think someone doesn't have the platinum is because they hated the game and just didn't even want to bother. What part are you having trouble with?

Gonna have to go with Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and their associated Crushing/Brutal difficulties. I could probably dig up more, but these stick out as they're more recent in my memory.

Guides for these games will often cite difficulties of 3/10 or so when not counting Brutal as it isn't required for the Platinum. But some of the gunfights in those games are ridiculous, even on Crushing(which is no slouch in and of itself). Uncharted 2 was especially bad about this, sometimes checkpointing you in really weird places without any nearby cover, in areas where super accurate enemies respawn infinitely until you push dangerously forward into them, on a game mode where anywhere in the ballpark of 2-4 bullets could kill you without warning. Not even counting Brutal where it's not unusual to stand around getting spawn-killed for hours until the game decides you can have a real attempt.

Regardless, I 100%'d all three lists with Brutal difficulty, speedrun trophies, etc. recently, and I can say with confidence that some moments in those games are downright silly. The number of deaths I had on each game would tally up in the hundreds and some encounters would not only require you to be completely on point but incredibly lucky as well. The enemy AI is quirky enough to be exploitable when you see it enough, but still really weird and sometimes overly aggressive for no reason. Like guys with no sense of self-preservation rushing you, you react and shoot them, but you shot them a little off so they didn't flinch and they just blow your face off. There are little tricks you can do to ease your time through it, such as abusing the game's third-person aiming system to shoot through walls and pillars while remaining in cover. Or learning speedrunning glitches to clip through walls/walk on air to avoid those firefights altogether. But the moment you start considering those things for progression, 3/10 difficulty seems a bit too generous for this kind of ordeal.

They're excellent games, regardless(and the speedrun techs are actually super fun), but the gunplay sections are definitely the series' weakest and most frustrating points. Or maybe I'm just bad at shooters or something, I dunno ?

• Like 1

Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 for me. That bonus level had me completely stuck multiple times.

Superstars V8 Racing as well. It sits at almost 24% platinum rate in the EU, but you have to win various races on the hardest difficulty level. Maybe that one is just because only trophy hunters play that one.

On 23/8/2019 at 7:05 AM, Jamescush147 said:

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - Pretty easy game. Nothing hard at all, until you have to do the Enduro race. It's a DLC race and you do have to finish it to 100% the races. It's the longest race in the game and HARD. ? The last trophy before getting my Plat.

LEGO The Incredibles - Another easy game. The 'Raccoon Them Up' trophy is pure random pain. I nearly broke my controller finishing it. (used a pen to rub the buttons)

Old Man's Journey - 'Ride the train without an emergency break' trophy. Why this? Why?

Marvel's Spider-Man - The City That Never Sleeps DLC. Oh boy...the new enemies are way harder. Plus some have plasma that will really ruin your day. 

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds DLC. Like CTNS above the enemies are harder. Plus at the time I hadn't played the game in months so I didn't know the controls as well as I did.

Took me a while to finish that first enemy. Went had fun and finished the DLC. And then they went and nerfed the enemies.  ?

That's strange... I got the plat in both ps3 and ps4 version of Sleeping Dogs, but I don't remember such a daunting race.

Anyways, Hitman GO, I bet everyone who's played it just watched Youtube videos, without them, things are pretty hard 

On 23-8-2019 at 10:58 AM, Negan said:

From personal experience:-

Alteric (still don't have the platinum)

Spiral Splatter (requires a lot of finesse)

Bridge Constructor (finicky controls and frequent crashes necessitating restarting the level I was in the middle of :shakefist:)

InkSplosion (slightly luck based due to the crap weapons the game occasionally gives you)

Orc Slayer (later levels were both tough and annoying plus those orcs that use magic attacks on you from miles away that sap tons of your health away were beyond annoying.)

Others mentioned 36 Fragments of Midnight and Sound Shapes but I didn't have problems with these personally. They just needed a bit of patience. Anybody's experience can differ I guess.

Yes, definitely Alteric by a distance. And I also don't really understand why Bridge Constructor is easy unless people use a guide. 

Sound Shapes - Death mode was too luck dependent, still have no idea how I managed this one.

Terminator Salvation - Mostly easy once you figure out how to play but there was some annoying sections with cheap deaths.

Jak X Combat Racing - The AI in this game is the prime example of rubber banding and you can get screwed over at the end of races sometimes.

Bloodborne - High percentage plat rate for a game that wasn't exactly a walk in the park. Cursed dungeon with Amygdala is tough.

Eat Lead - Too many cheap deaths even on normal mode put me off on doing the hard mode.

Resident Evil 5 - Difficult to do solo, Sheva's AI isn't that great. 

Uncharted Series - I'm probably just really bad at these but even crushing feels too frustrating to even bother.

Edited by xh117

36 Fragments of Midnight: It was pretty damn hard for me the first time I played it, but then when I got a vita and did the other stack I found it surprisingly easy.

Sound Shapes: Not really difficult, just annoying with death mode. I had to end up doing all 3 stacks legit because right after I started them I realized you couldn't cloud save anymore. With practice it's not too hard, I 100%ed the entire PS4 version in a day.

Orc SlayerWhat a steaming pile of trash. Took me like 6 months to do the final boss battle.

4 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

That's strange... I got the plat in both ps3 and ps4 version of Sleeping Dogs, but I don't remember such a daunting race.

Anyways, Hitman GO, I bet everyone who's played it just watched Youtube videos, without them, things are pretty hard 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxxCkRo8RA4

This one. ?

It's painful.

3 hours ago, xh117 said:

Sound Shapes - Death mode was too luck dependent, still have no idea how I managed this one.

Terminator Salvation - Mostly easy once you figure out how to play but there was some annoying sections with cheap deaths.

Jak X Combat Racing - The AI in this game is the prime example of rubber banding and you can get screwed over at the end of races sometimes.

Bloodborne - High percentage plat rate for a game that wasn't exactly a walk in the park. Cursed dungeon with Amygdala is tough.

Eat Lead - Too many cheap deaths even on normal mode put me off on doing the hard mode.

Resident Evil 5 - Difficult to do solo, Sheva's AI isn't that great. 

Uncharted Series - I'm probably just really bad at these but even crushing feels too frustrating to even bother.

I am so close to the Platinum Trophy from Eat Lead but it's such a bad game. I remember that I saved a checkpoint before the final room with just 1 healthbar left. That's the main reason I couldn't finish it.

• Like 1