What is your least favorite trophy requirement?

iGGTheEnd

Requirements  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Least fave requirement

• Missables
    • Multiplayer
    • Grinding
    • Collectables
    • Speed run
    • Replaying the game multiple times
    • S or Star ranks
    • Difficulty related
    • Other

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Stormverse said:

Multiple playthroughs, especially when the game isn't changed at all by different decisions.  One time is enough for 99% of the games out there.

Even in games where the story does change a bit it is annoying.  I wish games would have trophies where you have to do one of three things to pop it all 3 things would be the decisions you make.

• 3 weeks later...

Trophies where you have to finish the story on the highest difficulty without dying. Online coop trophies you can only get when your team consists of more than 3 players are horrible as well (looking at you, Castlevania HD). Also: Online trophies where you have to win consecutive matches (King of Fighters 14, Street Fighter 4 etc.).

My biggest thing I usually avoid is multiple playthrough's, don't get me wrong I have played games I really enjoyed again but some games require 3 to 4 times through with no changes just feels really silly and pointless.

I don't mind the idea of multiplayer trophies my problem with them is mostly the fact they can't be gained if you get the game a year or two later, which makes sense and all but still a feels bad you can't complete a game because it's empty :( 

Everything else for the most part I don't mind because its something I can work on getting better if I really wanted the plat like speed runs and S rank stuff.

I don't like multiplayer trophies but damn. Lately i discovered an even more annoying category : grinding without a way to track your progress.

Examples:

1) Kill 10000 enemies in FFIX

2) Mine 53596 blocks in Portal Knights

3) Do 200 event quests in Portal Knights

4) Kill 100 HNMs in Swort Art Online: Hollow Fragment

5) Guard successfully 3000 times or do 4200 SSC in Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

On 6.2.2019 at 8:59 PM, Squirlruler said:

Other: Anything RNG based. Usually collectibles or grind, which I don't mind if they aren't random. I hate when I can't see progress towards a goal.

Right you are. Totally agree :( RNG is killing fun. Hopefully all ps5 games will have trophy progress shown to the player

• Like 2

Another vote from me for Other: RNG based.

I'm talking stuff like Crystal Relics in Knack, Gold Crowns in Monster Hunter, or Rare Cards in Kingdom Hearts: Re:CoM. Give me any of the other trophies anyday, i know with enough hard work and determination i can get them. for RNG trophies i just have to hope things go my way which blows.

Edited by danceswithsloths

I picked other because I hate games that make you play in a way that you wouldn't normally play.

For example I am playing Escape from Dead Island right now but there are so many combat trophies I am spending so much time repaying parts of the game trying to specifically kill people in a certain way it is taking the fun out of the game. I shouldn't be looking up videos on how to get past a part to ensure I kill 10 people the right way....instead of just killing 10 people.