iGGTheEnd

What is your least favorite trophy requirement?

Requirements   379 members have voted

1. 1. Least fave requirement

• Missables
    • Multiplayer
    • Grinding
    • Collectables
    • Speed run
    • Replaying the game multiple times
    • S or Star ranks
    • Difficulty related
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

135 posts in this topic

On 06/02/2019 at 7:38 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

Yea multiplayer is also one I really dislike,  it stops me from even trying to get the one for The last of us,  I am very bad at multiplayer games.

Single player games don't need MP trophies.

Speed runs, perma death, poorly designed mp trophies, etc.

Online/MP, speed runs, and S ranks are all just badly implemented into a game system.

Speed runs. Especially if those speed runs take several hours. Especially if you aren't allowed to save.

Come to think of it, save restrictions generally are terrible (resident evil for example).

Multiple playthroughs, especially when the game isn't changed at all by different decisions.  One time is enough for 99% of the games out there.

17 minutes ago, Stormverse said:

Multiple playthroughs, especially when the game isn't changed at all by different decisions.  One time is enough for 99% of the games out there.

Even in games where the story does change a bit it is annoying.  I wish games would have trophies where you have to do one of three things to pop it all 3 things would be the decisions you make.

Trophies where you have to finish the story on the highest difficulty without dying. Online coop trophies you can only get when your team consists of more than 3 players are horrible as well (looking at you, Castlevania HD). Also: Online trophies where you have to win consecutive matches (King of Fighters 14, Street Fighter 4 etc.).

My biggest thing I usually avoid is multiple playthrough's, don't get me wrong I have played games I really enjoyed again but some games require 3 to 4 times through with no changes just feels really silly and pointless.

I don't mind the idea of multiplayer trophies my problem with them is mostly the fact they can't be gained if you get the game a year or two later, which makes sense and all but still a feels bad you can't complete a game because it's empty :( 

Everything else for the most part I don't mind because its something I can work on getting better if I really wanted the plat like speed runs and S rank stuff.

Multiplayer because it's usually a ridiculous grind plus you've gotta put up with fuckwit trolls.

Multiplayer the plat depending on random players or the community being active if it's dead the plat could pretty much be unobtainable

Glitched trophies.

There needs to be a vote on that.

I don't like multiplayer trophies but damn. Lately i discovered an even more annoying category : grinding without a way to track your progress.

Examples:

1) Kill 10000 enemies in FFIX

2) Mine 53596 blocks in Portal Knights

3) Do 200 event quests in Portal Knights

4) Kill 100 HNMs in Swort Art Online: Hollow Fragment

5) Guard successfully 3000 times or do 4200 SSC in Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Had to vote multiplayer (especially co-op) but speed runs aren't far behind.

I hate the "Be top xx on leaderboards" because I'm not a very good player and couldnt make it in a million years. The silverlining is that it is a relatively rare type of trophy (or maybe I avoid the games that have it instinctively lol)

On 6.2.2019 at 8:59 PM, Squirlruler said:

Other: Anything RNG based. Usually collectibles or grind, which I don't mind if they aren't random. I hate when I can't see progress towards a goal.

Right you are. Totally agree :( RNG is killing fun. Hopefully all ps5 games will have trophy progress shown to the player

I feel like multiplayer is a given for most of the community (just from what I've seen on forums, etc. But aside from that, S ranks suck in my opinion.

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

Glitched trophies.

There needs to be a vote on that.

That's not really a requirement, more of just a pain in the ass.  But I guess some of the ones I listed aren't %100 requirements.

Posted (edited)

Another vote from me for Other: RNG based.

I'm talking stuff like Crystal Relics in Knack, or Gold Crowns in Monster Hunter. Give me any of the other trophies anyday, i know with enough hard work and determination i can get them. for RNG trophies i just have to hope things go my way which blows.

Edited by danceswithsloths

I picked other because I hate games that make you play in a way that you wouldn't normally play.

For example I am playing Escape from Dead Island right now but there are so many combat trophies I am spending so much time repaying parts of the game trying to specifically kill people in a certain way it is taking the fun out of the game. I shouldn't be looking up videos on how to get past a part to ensure I kill 10 people the right way....instead of just killing 10 people.

I don't like missables. I like to play my games and finish the story without caring about the trophies.

I actually enjoy collectables. Makes me pay attention to those beautiful open worlds and scenarios.

16 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

Any based off luck.

You would like slay the spire then 1/3 of the list is based on luck haha.

Collectibles unless it can be tracked or shown on the map and anything related to no damage taken.