5 min Platinum with Debug Mode

I just got the plat using the debug mode. It took me 13 minutes. It was a hard slog and I'm extremely proud of my awesome gaming skills 

I hope it makes it's way to the EU and HK stores with stacking plats. This game is worthy of a triple dip ?

Edited by gavsta72
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

In the beginning: follow a guide to unlock all trophies in one playthrough (point and click games)

Then: simply complete the game (modern point and click games)

Then: press X / touch the screen 1000 times

Then: simply complete and first few levels and die in the process (Ratalaika games)

Now: simply use Debug Mode to summon everything and pop trophies.

Its a new level of EZPZ platinums. When I thought the fastest modes were already invented... now I’m waiting for a game with “start the application of the game and maintain it open for 15 seconds (each second a gold trophy) :D

It's not new. Jak 2 was the first game I know. Thanks to IBadDriver!.

More time for us for the real good Games.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

You literally shill Ratalkai games which basically let you platinum a game without having to play more than 5 minutes of them which is the equivalent to debug mode.

Im not shilling shit,  i'm just using oppertunities to provide the community with free games. If you would follow me on twitter you would see its packed with other games too.

Atleast you have to play ratalaika games, which gives some people a challenge. not everyone is as pro as you are in games.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

This should be forbidden, can we agree on that? Video is fine and all, the debug mode is just cheap-ass (just like Conan-exile)

I truly hope this is sarcasm, given how much of a shill you are for similar games elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

I always like seeing how triggered people get over Ratalaika games, debug menu etc. 
Imagine being so concerned with what other people do with their money that it literally has fuming lol.. 

To me, if you think it's cheap and "devalues trophies" (Which makes no sense because they have no value.) but if you think it's cheap, don't play them it's that easy. And if you don't care then play them. That's literally what it comes down to. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Happy hunting guys ;)

The problem with debug is that it ruins the reputation of the game in question. Nobody seems to look at Jak and think "fun game" anymore, nobody wants to discuss it, now they just look at it and go "garbage platinum, give me!"

The trophy hunting community has become far more about trophies than games, which is really sad since it used to be a pleasent middle ground. Now nobody gives a fuck how good your game is, they just want it to be easy.

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I mean, if it's anything like Conan Exiles, I wouldn't fault anyone for using this. Hell, I wouldn't fault anyone for using Jak II's. That game was a level of suffering I wish to erase from my memory.

Ah, the days of breezing through PS2 games with my trusty GameShark. 

Jak II is super easy and fun even without debug though

• Like 3

Personally i have no issue with  people who get the plat this way, its the gamers decision if he wants to do it this way or legit. It should honestly be on the developer for having debug mode in the game and fully accessible not us gamers.

And is it possible to have a thread nowadays that doesn't mention Ratalaika.....

Edited by Conker
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

It's not new. Jak 2 was the first game I know. Thanks to IBadDriver!.

More time for us for the real good Games.

This just hurts.

Debug Mode is somehow an excuse to play games you think are bad? And then excuse it with saying you have more time for better games then? 

Just dont play games you think are bad. But then you would missing out on a free plat, heh? Luckily those have no value whatsoever, right? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laxus-71 said:

Imagine after like 10 years or something you go looking back at your trophy list and the only thing you see is these trash 15 min plats stacked 6 times lol

I won't mind much when I see them with all the other difficult and grindy games I've got. 

I look much forward to exploiting this one and having a rainfall of trophies ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

6 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

Im not shilling shit,  i'm just using oppertunities to provide the community with free games. If you would follow me on twitter you would see its packed with other games too.

Atleast you have to play ratalaika games, which gives some people a challenge. not everyone is as pro as you are in games.

Your litterally a walking advertisement I dont care that rat games are easy.  Your litterally advertising your twitter now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, madbuk said:

The problem with debug is that it ruins the reputation of the game in question. Nobody seems to look at Jak and think "fun game" anymore, nobody wants to discuss it, now they just look at it and go "garbage platinum, give me!"

The problem with this logic is that you're speaking as if Jak was a hot topic of conversation to begin with. It rarely comes up, if at all, and the only time it does it's primarily in regards to the first game as that's the one people played most it seems. This debug mode isn't ruining it's reputation because it didn't really have one to begin with, it was primarily a non-factor before people were talking about the debug mode.

Also, they were often referred to as freebie/quick platinums before the debug mode was out. The only time I heard somebody say they were hard was when you listed Jak 2 as one of your "hardest platinums" back in the CB. You say that the trophy hunting community has become far more concerned with trophies than games yet you're the one who's making it out as if the fact it has easy trophies via debug mode completely negates what you believe is a good game. Comes off as a bit hypocritical, honestly. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Your litterally a walking advertisement I dont care that rat games are easy.  Your litterally advertising your twitter now.

What makes this especially silly is, he made a guide for Conan Exiles, literally doing the same thing with the Admin Panel. I fail to see why that's okay, but this is not. 

• Like 3

They should have debug mode for Mayo so People don't have to spam x 5000 times.  The excuse could be that spamming X so many times in rapid succession is needlessly wearing out my controller so this way it will last longer for other games.  

Edited by steel6burgh

1 hour ago, Brawler said:

The problem with this logic is that you're speaking as if Jak was a hot topic of conversation to begin with. It rarely comes up, if at all, and the only time it does it's primarily in regards to the first game as that's the one people played most it seems. This debug mode isn't ruining it's reputation because it didn't really have one to begin with, it was primarily a non-factor before people were talking about the debug mode.

Also, they were often referred to as freebie/quick platinums before the debug mode was out. The only time I heard somebody say they were hard was when you listed Jak 2 as one of your "hardest platinums" back in the CB. You say that the trophy hunting community has become far more concerned with trophies than games yet you're the one who's making it out as if the fact it has easy trophies via debug mode completely negates what you believe is a good game. Comes off as a bit hypocritical, honestly. 

I'm not saying debug negates it being a good game, at all. It's still a good game - it's just that less people recognize the fact that it's a good game because they're so focused on the debug mode. Jak is a very popular franchise, and if it wasn't why is it held in high regard as one of the three platforming main PlayStation 2 mascots still to this day? (Along with Sly and Ratchet). And I can tell you, Jak sure has come up a lot in my experience ever since debug was discovered, and it's never a good discussion, because it's all "omg free trophiez!!!" as they proceed to completely ignore the game they're actually playing.

(And as an aside, how many years ago was that Jak 2 CB comment? Was one of my first plats I think so it'd be understandable if I had said it all the way back then tbh. Did it on PS4 recently though and nothing about it felt challenging at all lol)

P.S Debug is totally legit and should be allowed, it's just very cheap and it's sad that people don't even try to give the games a fair shot and just skip straight to the "free trophiez!!" mindset.

Edited by madbuk

2 hours ago, madbuk said:

I'm not saying debug negates it being a good game, at all. It's still a good game - it's just that less people recognize the fact that it's a good game because they're so focused on the debug mode. Jak is a very popular franchise, and if it wasn't why is it held in high regard as one of the three platforming main PlayStation 2 mascots still to this day? (Along with Sly and Ratchet). And I can tell you, Jak sure has come up a lot in my experience ever since debug was discovered, and it's never a good discussion, because it's all "omg free trophiez!!!" as they proceed to completely ignore the game they're actually playing.

(And as an aside, how many years ago was that Jak 2 CB comment? Was one of my first plats I think so it'd be understandable if I had said it all the way back then tbh. Did it on PS4 recently though and nothing about it felt challenging at all lol)

P.S Debug is totally legit and should be allowed, it's just very cheap and it's sad that people don't even try to give the games a fair shot and just skip straight to the "free trophiez!!" mindset.

But you're implying that you can't have both. They can acknowledge it being a decent game while still using the debug  mode. Many people popped the achievements on Fallout 3 PC with commands but still understand it's a good game. I don't think a game being an easy completion is a blight on it's reputation, really. It feels as if you're taking it personally that a lot of people don't care about the thing you like and are just playing it for the easy completion and that's just unhealthy. I get that it's a bummer Jak hasn't really been that relevant since PS2 and you wish more people would care about the series as a whole but I'm not sure this is the best way to channel that enthusiasm. 

I think the Jak 2 thing was 2 or 3 years ago? It was around the time I started getting on the CB less. I agree that people should at least give the game a go before they use debug but I also understand that I shouldn't expect people to play my way. I feel the same way about online stuff for the most part. If the game isn't dead I try to play it out but I know some people just want to get their stuff done immediately to be done with it so they can get to the next game in the backlog. 

5 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

You should make it more personal, really proves your point.

• Like 1