F2P Monster Hunting game without a plat. (trophy thoughts)

Wavergray

The combat looks simple, doesnt help the gfx look simple too. Looks like a tutorial boss since there wasnt much abilities...hopefully no silly MP trophy cause server is going to be crickets.

Still feel kinda bad for Dauntless, they wanted to fill the Monster Hunter niche on home consoles and PC but now with Monster Hunter World there’s really no reason to play Dauntless.

List seems really basic as others have pointed out already, no platinum is pretty wack. At least it doesn’t seem like the massive grindfest list that F2P games like to do.

Edited by Happy

1 hour ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

It's sad people only play a game if it has a platinum, the trophies don't affect the game in anyway.

Personally I'm not gonna waste my time playing a game I'm not really interested in if it doesn't have a platinum. I will plat free games even if I don't even like them just cause they didn't cost me a thing.

I don't mind buying a game that I really wanted to play even if it doesn't have a platinum. Thing is, there aren't that many single player games that fall in that category. Instead of paying for a game I'm only slightly interested in that doesn't have a platinum, I'm just gonna buy another game I'm equally interested in that does have a platinum.

By example; the Siralim series, I really wanted to try one out but why would I buy a game I'm not actually sure I will like and that require hundreds of hours to 100%. To me, the risk is far greater than the reward.

Platinum have me motivated to keep playing a game. I really liked Disgaea 5 but once I got the platinum I just had no motivation to keep playing 50-100+ hours just to beat the last extra boss.

And as far as I'm concerned, buying a game just for the platinum is absolutely not a bad thing. I've purchased hundreds of games to get their platinums. Before I started trophy hunting, all I did was play the same multiplayer games all the time. Now I actually buy a ton more games and switch to them to get their plats.

Maybe PSNP could add something to showcase 100%'s instead of only single trophies.

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 2

I don't really see why a lot of F2P and Battle Royale games don't receive a Platinum Trophy. I mean, it usually takesa lot of time and effort to achieve all Trophies. 

This list looks a bit boring. The only question that remains is how long it takes to get to level 40.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Well obviously because certain standards have been set in this day and age, and we expect companies to meet them, that's like saying why can't most people live without Internet nowadays, when you were born you didn't use the Internet did you? Well yeah I didn't use it but now that it exists it has created some demand that I want to see fulfilled. I mean I grew up playing pac-man in arcades and I enjoyed it but in 2019 I would at least expect videogame companies to give me something better than a yellow blob eating dots, this is just a meaningless argument, I don't get why so many people use it. Plats are a thing, put them in your game you lazy dev 1f601.png

I remember playing Toki, Wonder Boy and Final Fight at the arcades back in dem days. Retro ftw. 

Edited by thepeaguy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thepeaguy said:

I remember playing Toki, Wonder Boy and Final Fight at the arcades back in dem days. Retro ftw. 

Hehehe, true true, arcade was my thing, I mostly played the rail shooters, I loved the zombie ones, I think it was House of the Dead and another one in Japan with samurais where you actually held a plastic sword and slashed zombies, it was ahead of its time ?

2 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Hehehe, true true, arcade was my thing, I mostly played the rail shooters, I loved the zombie ones, I think it was House of the Dead and another one in Japan with samurais where you actually held a plastic sword and slashed zombies, it was ahead of its time 1f918.png

I played some shumps, too, like R-Type.

House of the Dead is another Sega classic. They were arcade pioneers, back in dem dayz.

Edited by thepeaguy

I avoid free to play games. 

I’ve played plenty on my iPhone and on my desktop computer and the amount of money you have to spend to reduce the grinding is ridiculous. 

It’s a way of spending more money just to get some virtual bling rather than rely on a game that appreciates you as a player. 

I don’t mind grinding in general as much as I’m annoyed with spending $50 - 100 to speed up the grinding process.