It's 10:30 and you haven't earned a Trophy today

Phlegeth

It's 10:30 and you haven't earned a Trophy today  

261 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Look for a quick trophy to pop
    • Keep playing your main game
    • Don't sweat it

It's nearing the end of the day and real life or whatever happened and you haven't earned a trophy for the day.  What do you do?  Do you look at the trophy adviser or do it manually looking for an easy trophy to get?  Do you keep playing what you've been playing?  Or do you not sweat it?  Can't get one everyday.

I look at the trophy adviser/trophy list for something I could grab quickly.  Especially when I'm in the early stages of my game and trophies are few and far between.

• Like 2

I do a mix of the two options. I have a couple of games at hand that I can jump on and grab a trophy for, but often I will just decide, "I'm going for X trophy" and just spend a solid hour or so going for it, even really hard trophies I'll often do that with. Yesterday for example, it was 4:50pm, I had friends coming at 6pm and I wouldn't be back till after midnight. I needed a trophy in under an hour. There where some hard challenge trophies in Polybius, which is a damn hard game. I ended up getting the one for doing 3 consecutive levels without losing a shield, though I should have the one for reaching maximum shields too; but it glitched on me and refused to pop.

Another trick I like is, if I know I'm going to have a busy week, I'll purposely wait until 11pm and start playing with the intention to pop a trophy before midnight and another after midnight. That keeps my streak going for 2 more days and it only uses one gameplay session to do it.

I'm a very casual trophy hunters and so I wouldn't mind at all. In fact I don't worry at all about how many trophies I get per day and there are instances where I go for a week without one although that rarely happens. 

I just worry about the end goal which is the platinum. I don't have a deadline either and I'll spend as much time as it takes depending on my responsibilities/ things to do throughout the days

I have a bunch of easy games that I purposely don't complete so if I need a quick trophy then I can grab one when it gets late. I broke my almost year streak when I was at a competition, so I now grab a trophy earlier in the day if I even think I might be busy later. 

Personally, I never saw the appeal of maintaining a trophy streak. If that's what you want to do, then cool, but I find it far too limiting. I just play whatever game I'm in the mood for and don't worry about when I'm popping trophies. I find trophy hunting much more enjoyable that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KayoAye said:

Damn @DamagingRob, I think my best was like 50. My experience doing that just added more stress than I like to gaming. It's already enough just making the Platinum attempts.

The funny thing is, it was purely by accident. I didn't know I had a streak that long, until I joined a site that tracks it. 

When I see I have earned no trophy that day I start to get sweaty, knees heavy mom's spagetti. I fumble for the nearest trophy from my list then... The lights go out and I wake up into a cart. I was caught near the border, me and that prisoner over there. Got me again Todd Howard. 

Skyrim jokes asides, I usually don't mind how much it takes me to get a trophy I just play for fun until I get it (currently caught in Injustice 2 and that beast takes a while to platinum but I have alot of fun with it so I don't mind). That is, unless I try to be the very first achiever at something. 

• Like 2

There was only one occasion where i needed at least 1 trophy on two days in a row and that was late last month for the Trophies for Trophy Hunting Event... there was a challenge to get at least 1 trophy for 7 days in a row and the last and second to last day i wasn't at home so i thought about keeping some easy trophies in Jak 2 or 3 on my Vita ready...

Besides that i do not care about a streak of trophies... i don't like a gap of several days without new trophies but a day or two without one is normal :P

Edited by Evil_Joker88

The days that I'm not earning trophies are the days I have something better to do.  Whether that be IRL stuff or just playing games that I like to play.  I look at my list and have trophies I want to earn, but I never hold myself to a timeline since I hate the added stress.

In my case, the answer's pretty obvious: don't sweat it.

For multiple reasons:

- 10:30 PM: Well, with life out there, I'm even barely home at this hour most of the week days. :)

- I can be away for days, or be home and not having time to play, or even not feeling like playing (yup, that can happen :)).

- I love playing pretty long games on their most difficult mode available on a first playthrough, so with stackable difficulty or specific ending trophies, I'm used to not earning any some days and then to popping from three to six or seven at a time at the end, depending on the game.

- I really do like my trophies, but I'm more into gaming for fun, and if possible with my friends, so it's not rare at all for me to play games after getting 100%/Plat or nearing it and not caring/going for the MP modes that would lead to getting one of the trophies I miss. Examples would be: I almost always keep an XCOM (2, now) solo campaign running, I sunk countless hours in MP (both RDR, both TLoU, ME3 and Andromeda, ... - I know I'm forgetting some - for games with a 100%, and GTAV, MP3, The Division, U4, in modes that would not lead to some of my unearned trophies), or played multiple times SP games I had totally finished (Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Fallout New Vegas, Alien Isolation, Nioh, etc.).