It's 10:30 and you haven't earned a Trophy today

Phlegeth

It's 10:30 and you haven't earned a Trophy today  

261 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Look for a quick trophy to pop
    • Keep playing your main game
    • Don't sweat it

Just keep playing the main game, I'll unlock the trophies eventually and I've been earning trophies long enough now (almost a year! Whaaaaa???) that missing a day won't hit my Trophies-per-day stat all that hard (the most unimportant of all unimportant stats, I know!)

• Like 1

Every once in a while I go on a trophy kick and like to keep a streak going. When that happens I usually have my vita available and pop a trophy before I go to bed (after midnight). Then I don’t have to worry about it and just play what I want. I’m at 28 days right now. 

It should say, "It's 10:30 and you haven't earned a trophy today, and you are asleep." Because I am 100% not sweating this and on the weekdays, I'm already in bed by 10:30 PM. Trust me, I'm not losing sleep over this either.

I always thought that it was cool for people who can get really long streaks, but it's definitely not for me. I'd be surprised if I have ever had a streak over 50 days.

• Like 3

Honestly when I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was another community challenge or a competition of sorts lol.

Lately I haven't been trophy hunting as much as I do, which is really shameful for me since I am so close to reaching 2 milestones: 10000 trophies, and 200 platinums.

There was a time where I used to care, and tried to pop a quick trophy before the end of any play session if I hadn’t popped any already. Almost as some sort of marker to say “hey, I played video games at this time, let’s commemorate it with a trophy.”

Now? I couldn’t care less. I’ve been playing World War Z for hours and hours and I’m more focused on leveling up and getting stronger in the game than I am with the trophies for the game.

I look to the forum for sympathy by saying I am a terrible trophy hunter! Then I hide my profile out of protest because I'm so tired of those big meanies :'(. JK, 2 days later I unhide my profile again. Who would actually do this though :thinking:

Edited by STARLOVE

I honestly don't see the point.

The idea of having to have to earn one trophy a day is frankly stupid. Especially if you're playing a very long game such as Assassins Creed Odyssey or Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain where it could be hours before you earn a trophy.

I have always done my trophy hunting at my own pace. If I play a game where I can get all the trophies in a few hours and I do just that, good for me I guess. But if it's a longer game like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt then I don't stress out about it. I'm not in a race to try to get the most trophies in a given day, week or month and that sort of encourages unhealthy playing.

Plus I take regular breaks from trophies, sometimes I won't play for a few days at a time to do other things because I'm either busy with work/college or I'm not in the mood to play anything with trophies. Play when you feel like trophy hunting, rather than forcing yourself to do it.

I usually don't care about earning a trophy per day, but since an event here that I was part in April kind of reqquired a trophy streak (well several 7 day streaks), I managed to get a full month trophy streak, and currently I'm trying to keep it going. 

Said that, I play several games at once, and usually there's a quick trophy here and there that I left for no reason (sometimes are even games that I lost interest, so, it's a way to go back to them). 

But usually I don't really need to look for an easy trophy to get, I just need to look for what's the closest fastest trophy in whatever game I'm playing (currently that's NFS Hot Pursuit, Rainbow Skies, Driver San Fransisco and Zero Escape Nonary Games, plus I Am Alive..). 

This is sometimes tiring, so I know that there will be a day that I just won't feel like getting a trophy and it will end, but I will not be that bothered about it. 

I could go days without earning a trophy, that's not the most important thing. I'd prefer to have games completed 100% than making sure I got a trophy before I went to sleep... I went several weeks during Super Meat Boy without earning anything. This must be the reason people play numerous games at one time or abandon games so quickly for something new?! If climbing the leaderboards with hundreds of incomplete games is what you want then go for it, wouldn't be for me though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eramir said:

I didn't know that this stat is tracked too. Honestly I still can't find it in the stats page.. 1f914.png

This site doesn't track trophy streaks, but there's another trophy site that does. Some people just keep track in their head too.