What is your White Whale / arch nemesis Plat?

Vindibudd

37 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

you can all have a great laugh at mine....

Old Man's Journey, Smooth Ride (gold)... completed by no less than 82.86% of players...but oh no... not me

Why I can't get this stupid trophy is beyond me...............FRUSTRATING!

• Like 1

Got a few, but Dying Light is a game I played quite for a while and all thats missing are some MP trophies. I don‘t have so much time left for gaming since I became a Dad, thats why its almost impossible for me to do the ‚complete 5 quests with the same 3 people‘ trophy. So much planning needed :D...

Any game with multiplayer really. I usually just can't be bothered with it so that means most games with multiplayer trophies will simply just stay non platted. An especially annoying thing when its games that are primarily based around their single player portion with multiplayer tastelessly tacked on

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Uncharted 2 and 3.  The MP grind just became too much and I stopped enjoying the game.  

The MP grind for that is all DLC and not the platinum. If that's what's holding you back, don't worry, just go get the main game plat. I will tell you though that there are a couple multiplayer trophies on both games that you have a closing window for the PS3 versions. These are pretty basic like, win a game in X mode. Servers are going offline for all Uncharted PS3 games I think September 3rd.

Uncharted 2 and 3 both have these in the main game to get the plat:

Thrillseeker
Complete one Competitive Multiplayer game.

Buddy System
Complete one Cooperative Multiplayer game

One other note, you have to pay for online access on at least U3. It's $10. I did it the other day just to get the 2 trophies for U3. I have zero interest in the DLC trophies. I never felt like Uncharted was an FPS. F that noise. 

Good luck!

Edited by Vindibudd

1 minute ago, Vindibudd said:

The MP grind for that is all DLC and not the platinum. If that's what's holding you back, don't worry, just go get the main game plat. I will tell you though that there are a couple multiplayer trophies on both games that you have a closing window for the PS3 versions. These are pretty basic like, win a game in X mode. Servers are going offline for all Uncharted PS3 games I think September 3rd.

Uncharted 2 and 3 both have these in the main game to get the plat:

Thrillseeker
Complete one Competitive Multiplayer game.

Buddy System
Complete one Cooperative Multiplayer game

Good luck!

Already did those trophies and quite a few others in MP.  Those aren't the problem.

The Cold Blooded trophy (2500 kills) is one of the problems.

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

Already did those trophies and quite a few others in MP.  Those aren't the problem.

Yeah, that's not necessary to get the platinum, that's DLC. I can understand though if you're thinking about attempting 100%. I totally agree with you. That's stupid.

Dead or Alive: Last Round.

I can't to the combos.  I know it's an easy game.  I know the comobs are easy.  I know plenty of guys could sit down and punch them all out in 10 minutes.  I'm just too slow on the controls, I can't do it.  I've read guides, I've watched videos, I've tried to do it 'piano keys' style.  Nothing.  

29 minutes ago, majob said:

Any game with multiplayer really. I usually just can't be bothered with it so that means most games with multiplayer trophies will simply just stay non platted. An especially annoying thing when its games that are primarily based around their single player portion with multiplayer tastelessly tacked on

100%. I wish there was a policy that dictated that if you made a platinum multiplayer dependent that you should be required to make the multiplayer available in P2P or keep the server active for a minimum of 10 years or make an option for server rental.

5 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

@Vindibudd  Yep.  I was trying to clean up the MP DLC because the servers are closing this month, but just got burned out.  Then I'll go for the plats in the base games.  Just wanted to tidy things up. :hmm:

I totally feel where you're coming from. I took one look at the DLC and was like, hard pass. I'll get the plat just for the principle of it.

And it wouldn't even be that irritating to me if I hadn't had to put up with those over the top crushing modes.

Edited by Vindibudd

5 minutes ago, Vindibudd said:

I totally feel where you're coming from. I took one look at the DLC and was like, hard pass. I'll get the plat just for the principle of it.

And it wouldn't even be that irritating to me if I hadn't had to put up with those over the top crushing modes.

Ah, the worst part were the UC2 servers.  Took us close to an hour to get a stable one, once you were able to round up enough people.  What a waste of time. :rolleyes:

Defiance. Not only is it an incredibly long platinum, but the game is also really bad in general. It doesn't help the fact that I can easily get trophies glitched in the game too. I might go back to it, but I really don't want to.

Worms Revolution is another bad one. The online's so dead that I doubt I'll ever knock out the online trophies.

25 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

BioShock Infinite

Playing the game on 1999 Mode without purchasing anything from a Dollar Bill machine scares me. ?

I might try it, one day. ?

It's not too bad if you know the bosses weaknesses.

My White Whale is GTA V. It's one of my top 5 games ever but I just always lose motivation when I start working towards the plat. One day maybe lol.

Of what i have almost complete i will say is Dante's Inferno. There are two single-player trials that keep me out of getting all 25 single-player ones. No matter how hard i try, i don't get them cleared (and using Lucia is not a big help anyways). I will get them out once i finish the "Naughty Dog journey" and getting whatever i can before server closure on September 3rd.

8 hours ago, Lorajet said:

I feel your pain. I'm, in these days, dealing with U2 multiplayer DLC"s portion and Cold Blooded is like a middle finger in front of me permanentely. I'm currently 298 kills away from snatching that silver bastard to my trophy collection but it gets in your brain. Everytime i sleep in the night i still can renember pulldown kill after pulldown kill.

8 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Defiance. Not only is it an incredibly long platinum, but the game is also really bad in general. It doesn't help the fact that I can easily get trophies glitched in the game too. I might go back to it, but I really don't want to.

Worms Revolution is another bad one. The online's so dead that I doubt I'll ever knock out the online trophies.

I'm having the same problems with Defiance in his PS3 version. Glitched trophies (some ones, not all), dead servers, repetitive missions and almost no one available to help you get the Echeleon contracts and the trophies requiring you of winning MP competitive matches, running over opposing players or getting "shadow war" wins.

Edited by Vampirehunter145

Batman Arkham Asylum

It's always staring at me when I scroll through my list. I was on my first playthrough on hard difficulty, made a mistake with the upgrades I selected, and now I've been stuck for the last 5 years in that dreaded area with the elevators and titans. Never went back, maybe one day...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Super Meat Boy

L7ca091.png

One trophy away from the platinum. Impossible Boy is one of the hardest things I ever had to do in gaming, and the game itself is one of the hardest games I ever played in my entire life.

100+ hours spent on Super Meat Boy. I will have to dedicate an entire week for Impossible Boy, mostly because a few levels still kick my ass at times.

• Like 3