Game of the Year Edition Announced

DEI2EK

Had a feeling they were going to do this, which is why I didn't get suckered into buying the game when it was put on sale literally last month. SIE have made themselves far too predictable in this area over the years.

This GOTY is great and all, but the code being voucher is clearly a major flaw, for obvious reasons.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

Finally! Have been waiting for a complete physical edition as digital prices are a rip off. Thinking about it, the extra content does come on disc and not as download codes right?

Edit: scrap that, I see it's a voucher to stop you buying second hand /reselling...absolute bastards.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Hopefully someone picks this up and can verify if the vouchers have expiration dates on them or if Sony stopped doing that. If there is no expiration date, it's just a waiting game until this thing can be found physically for $12-15.

The box art has an expiration date on the bottom right (below the DLC listing).

• Like 2

Now, I know that a lot of gamers are on a budget and can't waste a lot of money on a hobby... but if you like these types of games, consider buying on the first week at full price so market research will show the trends that us as consumers are willing to pay for. I think this game and others deserve it. It'll make it more likely that Sony and other publishers invest in these amazing experiences and will make them even better.

1 minute ago, TugaSonic said:

The box art has an expiration date on the bottom right (below the DLC listing).

Low level on my part, even lower level on Sony's part. Thanks, even if it's for bad news...

Just now, linkdevivo said:

Now, I know that a lot of gamers are on a budget and can't waste a lot of money on a hobby... but if you like these types of games, consider buying on the first week at full price so market research will show the trends that us as consumers are willing to pay for. I think this game and others deserve it. It'll make it more likely that Sony and other publishers invest in these amazing experiences and will make them even better.

First week is almost never full price, it's almost always a promotional price for the first week. Week 2 through Week 20 on the other hand, full price.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

First week is almost never full price, it's almost always a promotional price for the first week. Week 2 through Week 20 on the other hand, full price.

Still, even if this were true... Early adopter data is probably the most important one. I work in market research.

• Like 1

Weak.  And here I was ready to sell my disc copy and pick this up if all the content was on disc.

If it's just the vanilla disc copy with a voucher, might as well just keep my copy and wait for a sale on the season pass on PSN.  Same difference, less hassle.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

$40 USD for everything

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/08/28/marvels-spider-man-game-of-the-year-edition-available-today/

’s a great value, as you get the full game and all three story chapters of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps for just $39.99 USD MSRP. You can buy it today at PlayStation Store or at your favorite local gaming retailer. Already have the base game? You can still get Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps on PlayStation Store for just $24.99 USD MSRP.

Man, if it was another trophyset, I'd get it instantly. The game's so good

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Low level on my part, even lower level on Sony's part. Thanks, even if it's for bad news...

Dunno why they put such a close year. 2022's only 3 years away, why not put till 2028 or no expiration...or just have the DLCs on disc. I'd assume that was decided by Sony not Insomniac. 

Edited by DaivRules
Removed the huge images from the quote
  • Like 1