Todd Howard wants $99.99 a year from you

DEI2EK

13 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'd slightly (but only slightly) understand if the monthly/yearly sub was with a F2P game. But this is just a weird move. You are basically subbing for access to your own private server, monthly store currency and inventory-type space that should be free in the first place.

Wow only one person actually knows what the sub is for. I can understand the sub for the private server. Server has a real cost. I am ok with the atoms, w/e, they are trying to prop up the store. I don't agree with the inventory space, that should be for everyone. It's like a dozen items with a count. Dumb.

3 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

It's a meme dude, he's the face of Bethesda. We know he's not in charge of business decisions, but it's still fun to make fun of him since he's such a pathological liar

Pete Hines is the face of Bethesda. Again, get your facts straight, kid. And please don't bring the "it's meme" excuse. It's insulting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tarsier182 said:

100 = $1

a paint job is $15

So basically this equates to $16.50 in atom per month, a private server, and the exclusive content stuff? Seems like a rough looking store though... I mean this seems like the Okish end of the spectrum for value, but this game may have burned up all of its good will and this may be seen as a money grab. 

8 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I'm still waiting for it to be free on Plus, I'm also surprised it's taking this long. 

Me too, i thought this would be F2P six month after Release or in PS Plus 1 Year after Release.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

The worst part is that some people are gonna pay it, enabling them to continue doing stupid industry ruining shit like that.

Exactly. Whoever is buying this shit and any other microtransactions shares the blame for the state of the AAA industry. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Todd Howard has nothing to do with business decisions. He the producer. The business aspects are handled by the publisher. Get your facts straight, kids. :facepalm:

He serves as director and executive producer at Bethesda Game Studios, and leads development on the Fallout series.  I think it's fair to call him out here.

• Like 4

I remember a few years back some guy said it was disrespectful for bashing fallout 4 because it is a good game and good fallout game. Well that same guy might just go and defend this pile of crap due to his fanboyness to toddy boys fallout games. Me on the other hand saw this fire coming. I didn't move close to the fire or even touch the fires of fallout 76 because I knew this kind of crap would happen due to the bee line drop they were doing from the start of skyrims big date of coming out. They care for only money and that is the only thing they see people like us as.

Just money signs I mean look what they did to the og prey 2, they canned the game and it was nearly finished and yes the new 2016 game was good but shouldn't have the name of prey. as now a classic game is gone due to their greed. there is more but am not going to go on as we would be here all day but yeah. Bethesda only care for ya dosh and toddy boy is the snake oil salesmen while pete hines is the man makes the shows and counts the money. YoU GOt MONey RIGht? It just works.

• Like 2

Just now, KANERKB said:

I remember a few years back some guy said it was disrespectful for bashing fallout 4 because it is a good game and good fallout game. Well that same guy might just go and defend this pile of crap due to his fanboyness to toddy boys fallout games.

Nah. Probably you'll just get pedantic, stultifying corrections about who actually is to blame for this, etc. etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IntroPhenom said:

He serves as director and executive producer at Bethesda Game Studios, and leads development on the Fallout series.  I think it's fair to call him out here.

Take your reasoning elsewhere. I'm sure he's just a poor victim at the hands of faceless, insidious publishers and other real faces of the company.

• Like 3

Just now, Cleggworth said:

There is one positive for me, when this inevitably goes down like a lead balloon.... Fallout 3 and New Vegas Remaster/remake will be announced to apologise

Why would you let Bethesda butcher New Vegas, the only good nuFallout game?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

There is one positive for me, when this inevitably goes down like a lead balloon.... Fallout 3 and New Vegas Remaster/remake will be announced to apologise

Yeah so it is alright for Fallout new vegas to be marked by Bethesda as their own game when it was the ones who are making outer worlds? So lets pull a rockstar and pretend that we made NV  and not Obsidian and the old fallout devs.