Todd Howard wants $99.99 a year from you

DEI2EK

3 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Todd Howard has nothing to do with business decisions. He the producer. The business aspects are handled by the publisher. Get your facts straight, kids. :facepalm:

Still fuck Todd he gets up on stage 2 years in a row and sells us lies, yes it's his job but at some point you need to realize maybe it's the wrong job, but then you look over at your mansion and your pimped out Tesla and just sell more lies because he is the only person on the planet who matters.

• Like 2

Seriously, if this was elder scrolls online(you know, the bethesda live service game that isn't a major trainwreck) i can see people paying for this. But who is seriously gonna waste thier money on this. Fallout 76 is on life support at this point and the joke of the industry, and the only thing that can save it it to nuke it entirely and restsrt it final fantasy 14 style.

Just like the paid actors during E3 this year, they must be paying the developers to say that they are very "excited" to announce this... (Cuz its common sense that no one would say this is exciting besides the Executives at Bethesda) Bethesda is completely oblivious to the current gaming trends and absolutely do not care what their paying customers want. Features that should have been there Day One are locked behind a Pay-Wall months after the release. Also, as someone who has played this game and suffered through it in the first months wanting to get the Plat but given up (May come back later) due to the massive grind, the features included in this ridiculous cash grab do not remotely come close to the asking price. Not even a fraction of the price.

Quoting Angry Joe, "You done F***ed it up* Again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Wow! Felt I had to go check on PS Store just to make sure it wasn't an elaborate hoax...

Here's the direct link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-CUSA12057_00-FALLOUT1ST01YEAR

:facepalm:

Worse over here in NZ... https://store.playstation.com/en-nz/product/EP1003-CUSA12054_00-FALLOUT1ST01YEAR

Oh look, $189 in NZD for the damn thing.  Yeah, has really put me off the game for sure.  I mean I could have been somewhat interested in it once, but this... this is just stupid.  Takes my interest away in the game completely now.

Heck that sort of money, I could use it to get other games that look interesting instead like the FF7 Remake for one... or other games i can't think of off the top of my head x.x

• Like 3

I don't have a dog in this fight, because I never engaged with Fallout 76, but seems like a slap in the face to the people that have stuck with this game through its rocky launch and beyond. It does not seem like much value for the price either. I guess it's a good deal if you compare it to buying atoms flat out because you get about $15 of atoms along with this subscription. But meh. Bethesda used to deliver much more in terms of DLC for the same amount of money. I'd much rather sub to PS Now or Game Pass. Especially the latter because Outer Worlds is included in that and looks to be a superior game experience just by itself. 

And they announce this 2 days before The Outer Worlds comes out? Like as if this going to make people buy this instead of Outer Worlds? Seriously Bethesda can stuff it! What I find most insulting is the NCR Ranger armour being paywalled behind this, as if they think they can cash in on the Obsidian hype? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zenpai said:

Konami can barely even be considered a gaming company anymore, they're little more than a gambling machine maker these days.

The truth of the matter is Japanese gaming companies are a lot better than Western ones these days, at least when it comes to premium games (mobile games are pretty much fucked everywhere). Not that there aren't some bad apples here and there and that some of their business practices aren't bad, but as a general rule, most companies have been shying away from the most egregious stuff, have been learning from the mistakes they did back in the 7th generation and are going back to the kind of experiences that made Japanese gaming great back in the sixth generation.

On the other hand, not only aren't the biggest Western developers learning anything from their mistakes, they're actually doubling down on them, which is what happens when you listen to your shareholders a hell of a lot more than you do your customer base.

Again, not that there aren't exceptions and outliers in both camps, but as a general rule, if I want a great gaming experience outside of the indie sphere, I'm much more likely to strike gold with a Japanese game than I am on whatever the Western AAA publishing scene puts out these days.

That is so true in so many words. 

• Like 2

In the 4 months or so that I was playing this, most of the time it was me and a few others in the entire game. The only time I saw others was when someone nuked the golf course or the scorchbeast area. There is no good reason for private servers, just server hop a couple of times until you find one with no people, it doesn't take long. I can sort of understand charging a fee for private servers, but $100? Get fucked, that's highway robbery, plus it's not even a once off! A yearly fee for a broken game! Something is seriously fucky about all this. Please just let this one die a natural death and move on to the next game in the series.

Edited by DreddPirateRobb
Spelling error