KH3 Re:Mind DLC Releasing Jan 23

Kristycism

5 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

€30 for any DLC is absurd. I actually thought this included the main game, which I wanted to buy and costs around €20. Guess I’ll wait for the complete edition.

Drakengard's dlcs never went on sales. 30 euros for the whole set from 2014 till now. I hope Squanix won't do the same here, KH never had dlcs before.

Let's just hope they won't add a dlc with online trophies in the future and then decide to make that a standalone game.

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 3

Yeesh, gonna wait for a bit to see what people say about it.  Can't really justify $30 for only 2-3 hours of gameplay, even if there are FF characters in it.  I just rewatched the trailer and it makes it seem like there is a lot more content, so I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

It’s not 2-3 hours of gameplay. Only one person has beaten the secret boss and he did it on the easiest difficulty. Apparently, the boss has over 40 health bars and can heal himself. Also, he revived himself when you get him low so you have to restart all over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AntooPS said:

It’s not 2-3 hours of gameplay. Only one person has beaten the secret boss and he did it on the easiest difficulty. Apparently, the boss has over 40 health bars and can heal himself. Also, he revived himself when you get him low so you have to restart all over.

I was talking about the story length. One secret boss can take from a few minutes to hours depending your level,skill, build etc. The price is way too high if the content is too short.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I was talking about the story length. One secret boss can take from a few minutes to hours depending your level,skill, build etc. The price is way too high if the content is too short.

The issue is the bosses are required for the story. You need to defeat all 13 data battles to finish the Limit storyline (which picks up after the ending of KH3 with Riku) and the secret episode story requires you to beat the secret boss.

Edited by AntooPS

So $30 is normally a season pass. They did tweak things throughout and added some stuff, but they released that for free. Last bit available to those who purchased.

I'm thinking that's what happened here. Basically covering the cost of this "Final/Re Mix" sort of update.

Edited by Sky_RykerXD

They EASILY could've split Re:Mind and the Limit Episode, then packaged the secret episode with the Premium Menu and the 2 new Keyblades, and sold them staggered as three 10$ DLC's... And not one person would've batted an eyelash at the pricing.

But they put them all out at once for 30$... And generously give away the Keyblades for free, and people get offended by it. I'll never be able to wrap my mind around that rationale.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

The Witcher 3 and kh3 are drastically different games 

Yes. And a sports game,a racing game, an rpg, an action-adventure game etc, are different games. And yet their initial prices on release are 59.99.

As mentioned above, this shouldn't be encouraged (short dlcs with absurd prices).

Anyways. I think i'll have to stop here. I haven't played KH3 yet and i'd rather avoid spoilers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Yes. And a sports game,a racing game, an rpg, an action-adventure game etc, are different games. And yet their initial prices on release are 59.99.

As mentioned above, this shouldn't be encouraged (short dlcs with absurd prices).

Anyways. I think i'll have to stop here. I haven't played KH3 yet and i'd rather avoid spoilers

I'm not encouraging it. But if you did your homework before you paid $30 you'd know you weren't getting a crazy ammount of content. They werent hiding the fact that it wasn't much. So wait for a sale if you want. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 8:32 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

€30 for any DLC is absurd. I actually thought this included the main game, which I wanted to buy and costs around €20. Guess I’ll wait for the complete edition.

....and this, is why I wait one year or at least until the game drops in price.

I bought Days Gone for under $20 just before Christmas and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Comes with all DLC included from the updates.

Really sad how these companies try to gouge money out of the consumer.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spaz said:

....and this, is why I wait one year or at least until the game drops in price.

I bought Days Gone for under $20 just before Christmas and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Comes with all DLC included from the updates.

Really sad how these companies try to gouge money out of the consumer.

I do exactly the same.

I have a rule I don’t buy games over €20. So I also wait a year to play the big AAA titles. I sometimes make an exception, but only for complete editions. I just bought AC Odyssey Gold Edition for €25. Which is ofcourse pretty cheap. €30 for a DLC, ridiculous.

• Like 1

Trust me save your money and wait for this to go down (hopefully). It took me a couple hours to finish the story dlc then they added the data bosses and now I'm at the secret ending boss. It's good shit but def not worth the $30. With this type of content it should've been atleast 10-15 maybe 10 being the best reasonable price. Why do I feel like they purposely did this instead of keeping all this in the game on release. SE is a scummy company and they know how to lure in the fans like myself into this greed. *sigh

• Like 2