The first game you played to begin 2020

SnowxSakura

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Hey all, what did you decide to be your first game to bring in the new decade? Something old, or maybe something new?

I'm playing Lunar Eternal Blue on the Sega CD

wonderful Game, I played Blue on Sega CD but missed Silver. Have both on PS1 though. I was playing Bloodtsained Ritual of the Night when the counter struck, I was fighting Zangetsu at the time.

Still trying to chip away at Fallout 4, but it's a slower process than I anticipated.

As for what game I'll start with the new year, that's currently undecided. DMC5, Fallen Order, God of War, and the Borderlands series (again) are the current heavy hitting contenders, among others. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dermarx said:

I start 2020 how I ended 2019: Trails of Cold Steel II.

Happy new year everyone

Humorously, I'm right behind you.  I just finished my first playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel on New Years' Eve, so I'm working on my second playthrough for some trophy cleanup for the New Year.  Maybe I'll be jumping into Trails of Cold Steel II this month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Cat Quest 2. 

Probably the most adorable RPG I've ever played. Picked it up at the recommendation of a friend and it's quickly become one of those games I'd plat regardless of if it wasn't so easy to.

You’ll have to play the first, too! It’s obviously not quite as good because the sequel added more features such as co-op and a lengthier campaign, but the first one is still well worth a playthrough. Great, cute and fun little games.

I’ve started off 2020 playing Concrete Genie, and it’s a stunner. Very happy with it so far.

• Like 2

3c2.jpg

Yes indeed, having successfully evaded the dreaded New Years doldrums (though not for lack of trying!), I awoke at a comparatively sane hour to play the first few hours of Dad of Boy, because I can scarcely think of a better way to kick off a year, or indeed a decade, than with a top three game from the last one. I ain't being hyperbolic in the slightest when I say I've wanted to replay from the minute I first finished it last year. And, wouldn't you know it, the magic was there from the first 1,138th of a second! Things may be (even more) bittersweet this time as I know what's coming... while I also do not. I haven't wanted a sequel this bad since RDR... here's hoping DoB II won't have as long a dev cycle, though ?

To provide a bit of a spin on things, I've decided to ramp up the difficulty by one level this time. Playing on Normal made things just the tiniest bit too easy last time... doesn't matter much as the meaty combat is satisfying on any setting, but there it is. Besides, I've got some trinkets from my last journey to Jotunheim to speed things along... ?

Wish me luck against the Valkyries, guys! Figure those relentless screeching dames won't be a walk in the park even on Easy.

• Like 4