Estivee

I hate this game so much now!

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the club. This game royally pissed me off when I went for the Platinum a few years ago and is one of the few games I regret ever playing. As well as being incredibly boring, the story was pretentious and most of the plot points either went unanswered or were resolved in the dumbest way possible. There is a germ of a great idea here but it was handled in the most incompetent way possible.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

Hahaha. Damn. So your offended by a great game like Rapture @Estivee? Then why buy the game in the first place?

I don't have a problem playing this game yet. Hence, I think it shows a very interesting depicting story and sometimes it can bring sad part scenes nonetheless. Platinum is easy yes, timing itself has patience too.

23 minutes ago, SaltyCat said:

How can anyone tell if they like something if they don't buy it?

Maybe I'm one of the lucky few, but I don't have to experience something firsthand to know that I wont like it.

I really enjoyed it, yea you move slow but you can move faster with R2. I suffer from Anxiety and Depression and this really helped with those, it was really relaxing and enjoyable for me. 

Your arguments make no sense and are invalid up until the point “if you have anxiety or depression~” Your anxiety or depression have to be very severe to be that triggered by a game. Which I completely get BUT that doesn’t make the game bad. You could’ve just said “Warning - this game could trigger your brain if you have anxiety or depression as the game feels very lonely.” but what you wrote here is different.

If you follow the story, there is a reason why it feels so lonely, you’re literally replaying/triggering memories and thats how you get to know more, the ending is pretty crazy too. Its a quite emotional story, almost feels like a dramatic movie about love and science.

Either way, I don’t know you, but things will get better for you and I hope you get through whatever you’re struggling with.

45 minutes ago, xEl_Cidx said:

It wouldn't be that bad if you could run - walking does take way longer to move about.

You can jog in the game. :P

You don't need to be depressed to hate this game because it's friggin terrible. I hated it the entire time I suffered through it for the Platinum.

It was the worst game I've ever played. The plot was supposed to be the strong part of the game but I can't even remember it

28 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I really enjoyed it, yea you move slow but you can move faster with R2. I suffer from Anxiety and Depression and this really helped with those, it was really relaxing and enjoyable for me. 

This game gave me crippling depression

15 hours ago, UltraFire121 said:

Hahaha. Damn. So your offended by a great game like Rapture @Estivee? Then why buy the game in the first place?

I didn't buy the game. I've had it in my library a long time since it was free on PS+ a couple of years ago.

14 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Your arguments make no sense and are invalid up until the point “if you have anxiety or depression~” Your anxiety or depression have to be very severe to be that triggered by a game. Which I completely get BUT that doesn’t make the game bad. You could’ve just said “Warning - this game could trigger your brain if you have anxiety or depression as the game feels very lonely.” but what you wrote here is different.

I see your point! I was just very frustrated with the game right after finishing it. I don't suffer from depression but I have anxiety and abandonment issues so this game really triggered it badly unfortunately. All the trailers and YouTube people talking about it almost described it as a relaxing experience, but for me that was not the case.

3 minutes ago, Estivee said:

I didn't buy the game. I've had it in my library a long time since it was free on PS+ a couple of years ago.

I see your point! I was just very frustrated with the game right after finishing it. I don't suffer from depression but I have anxiety and abandonment issues so this game really triggered it badly unfortunately. All the trailers and YouTube people talking about it almost described it as a relaxing experience, but for me that was not the case.

As your consolation, you're going to be hearing random numbers popping into your head for the next few weeks. :P

That's my only recollection of the game - walking around painfully slow with a continual audio loop of "one...one...three...five...one...etc., etc. etc.). :shakefist:

I feel your pain. Interesting concept for a walking simulator, but it could've been dubbed a crawling simulator.

The literal pacing is what really killed my interest in this game, and the story was forgettable, overall. Played it for free with Plus, thank God. Can not imagine dropping even a dollar on this game. When I got the platinum trophy, I counted my blessings and deleted it. Never playing it again.

Coincidentally, same goes for Gone Home. I found that to be a boring game too: interesting idea, but it's not worth $/€20, far from it even. Yakuza 0 is $/€19.99 on the store, and that game gives you A LOT MORE bang for your buck than the disappointing snoozefest which Gone Home is. Even if the message it spreads is endearing, I don't care: it's still a game and a game should have more content than this ... it's overhyped beyond rationality.