Are you still buying "The Last of Us: Part II"?

Carol

"The Last of Us: Part II" - still buying or not?  

787 members have voted

1. 1. After the leaks, do you still plan to buy "The Last of Us: Part II"?

• Yes, I'll be playing it day one. I want to play and judge the game for myself.
    • Yes, but I'll buy it only when I can find it cheaper.
    • No, but I was never interested in this game.
    • No, the leaks completely destroyed any enthusiasm I had for the game.
    • I still haven't decided if will buy the game or not or when I will do it.

5 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Why are ppl clicking on the leaks videos, when they know what they are. Pre order a game then go and and spoil it for yourself? Yeah clever. I've not seen anything last of us 2 related since the reveal trailer in 2016 apart from the trophy list because I don't want to er yknow spoil it for myself. ?

At least for me, I was planning to buy this Day One as I never do (last Day One game I bought was GTA V for ps3 lol). Was so hyped for the sequel of my all time favorite game, but a friend of mine convinced me to read the leaks after a week of denial. I genuinely didn't like what I read, the plot seems quite weak and with each more piece of information being leaked throughout months, this started to become more trustable.

The gameplay probably is quite good as they perfected the combat, exploration and scenery, but the story really doesn't interest me anymore because it didn't follow what made TLOU1 a masterpiece.

That's why I've spoiled myself and why I plan to play that only when it comes to PS Plus.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

I have seen the leaks and the first 3 hours of gameplay. And I can tell the game is shit in terms of the story. And yea I have never seen a good franchise ruined as bad as in this game. So I stay on my quote. I have never seen a game more shit than TLOU 2. It's likely that I get my hands on the game somewhen in the next 20 years.

I am looking forward to your opinion about the game when you have played it.

It's as if the phrase "reality is often disappointing" manifested itself into a game.

No, when i saw the reveal trailer back then with the kiss, i knew it will influenced by SJW agenda and it turned me off right away. Im actually surprised that people are shocked by those leaks. I mean seriously the reveal trailer gave a goof hint at the SJW stuff and we all know that if you create a game with a SJW agenda then its destined to be crap.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Vadrael said:

when i saw the reveal trailer back then with the kiss, i knew it will influenced by SJW agenda and it turned me off right away.

So you didn't know that Ellie was lesbian already in 2014, when she kissed Riley in Left Behind DLC?

• Like 3

I'll be buying because I'm a massive fan. I've had hours of entertainment on r/gamingcirclejerk laughing at the degenerates on r/thelastofus2 throwing their toys out the pram, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the game.

I don't want to talk about the story, but I know most of what happens and am still 100% on board. Anyone dissuaded by these babies need to remember that they're just crying because they don't like the story, which is written up in broard strokes from 4chan leaks and leaked footage, I'm 100% sure Naughty Dog has done a better job than these hypocrites want to admit.

evw1o12eaf551.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by SasquatchSaul
  • Like 1

Well, I hope to play it this weekend if everything goes well... I want to see how there is "no game more shit" than this one... I think that my capacity to get dissapointed with a highly awaited game already was maxed with Mass Effect 3, lets see if this is as bad as "people who hasnt played it either" says....

Nope. Those leaks really killed it for me, as well as exposing the developers/boss. It looks interesting but not what I wanted or expected it to be and I don’t want to support creators who are hardcore social justice warriors and want to shove politics down my throat.

I just seen the trophy list, its a boring trophy list. Collectibles only, really? At least make it interesting like “kill a walker like this” or at least some story related trophies, but that was too much to ask for too apparently.

I wanted to buy it but after the leaks well i was disappointed but i thought you know maybe the game will be better in some other way but now i have seen the ending it sucks really i thought maybe the ending could had been better hmm but i am not going spoil it but its already out on youtube and it will be out to everyone else who preorder it i wish the game could be better the first part was awesome and second you be the Judge i was going to buy it this week but now maybe the game can wait but lets see 

56 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

So you didn't know that Ellie was lesbian already in 2014, when she kissed Riley in Left Behind DLC?

It takes more than that for someone to be a lesbian. And i'm pretty sure not even LB fully established her sexual orientation. People just hastily assumed she was lesbian because "girl kissed girl, lesbian cunfermed!". 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

I don't know what the leaks are, fortunately after reading the OP I've skipped straight to the last page. Push Square gave the game a 10/10. I know nothing about the game except for the cinematics shown last year / couple of years ago. I really enjoyed the first one so I'll be getting this at some point.