Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

I started Ori and the Will of the Wisps on Nintendo Switch a couple of days ago after finishing Biomutant on PS5 and getting it's Platinum trophy.

Very cute. So far... I'm not struggling nearly as much as I was with Blind Forest. I'm still dying sometimes obviously but not nearly as much as I was in Blind Forest. It literally has Hollow Knight mechanics too (from what I remember when I was trying to watch the game on YouTube)

why is this game giving me hollow knight training. why does everything want me to play hollow knight. i still legitimately feel like the game is too hard for me

Elden Ring. Holy shit, this game is amazing - I haven't played a game that I had to force myself to put down for the day since Death Stranding. I kinda expected to be put off by the open world and at first I wasn't a fan of it, but the more I play it, the better it gets. Granted, I'm only 35 hours in, but so far it's incredible. 

So much more up my alley than Sekiro, of which I bounced right off recently. 

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS5) - Going for the plat on Nightmare NG+. It'll be faster this time around since there's no need to grind for anything.

Project Osiris (PC) - A good alien themed FPS and a Doom total conversion. GZDoom is required for some things the original Doom engine can't handle. The music is ambient, a bit like Doom 64 but with an alien mood. It's based on the Amiga FPS Alien Breed 3D (a good concept, just held back by the Amiga hardware which had a hard time with FPS games, and not running fullscreen in its original). Team17 should've done the original AB3D for PC to compete more easily with Doom.

Hurrican (PC) - Great freeware knockoff of Turrican with 2000s graphics. There is also a Linux version that plays good on Steam Deck.

I finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps last night. Definitely better and easier than the first game that's for sure. More enjoyable as well. Great music that I was actually able to enjoy. Blind Forest had great music too don't get me wrong but I couldn't really enjoy it due to getting frustrated every couple of minutes it felt like. Very emotional too. Game did a great job making me hate the main antagonist that's for sure lol.

Honestly... I didn't like the way the game ended. Sorry. I just didn't. Not because it was bad per se... and it actually made sense honestly and obviously... but I just don't like when games end like that. I just don't. Because I still just feel like 'well what was the point then?' I won't outright say it but you'll know what I mean if you've played it I guess.

Spoiler

It had a Persona 3 like ending.

Either way it was still enjoyable and very cutesy. Had a better time than the first game too. Great overall. But clearly... the franchise is over with that ending. RIP. I guess.

Astro's Playroom is technically next for me but it's a very short game with an easy Platinum but it's a cutesy Platformer so why not? lol. Sackboy A Big Adventure after that. My first 'official' PS5 game... ?

Edited by SelectiveGamer

Songbird symphony, a cute indie pixel game in which you face off enemies by singing and learning new notes, it is absolutely adorable.

FF XIV Realm Reborn, Stromblood expansion, yeah this one I feel I'll never ger bored of it, I am taking a break atm, but it is only a matter of time before I return to the game soon.

Marathon (PC) - An early FPS by Bungie, created by founders Alex Seropian and Jason Jones. This used to be Macintosh exclusive until its engine went open source. Some alien soldiers called the Pfhor (pronounced "4") invade your ship, the Marathon. For the time it was made, this has some wonderful atmospheric lighting. There will be no "save scumming" here... you cannot quick save! Levels (well, most of them) have save devices, and they can be reused. You can't find med kits, but there are shield rechargers that can top you off anytime. Your HUD has a motion sensor ala Aliens. I can see why this is often compared to Doom, but IMO it's even better in some ways. Unfortunately, the new Marathon looks like it has little to do with this series.

PC - Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion. This was a freebie through Amazon gaming that I claimed at some point, it's a silly little game that's alright. Can't beat free.

PC - Might & Magic III: Isles of Terra. Wash me with nostalgia, oh 1991 game!

PSVR - Vacation Simulator. Not quite as good as Job Simulator before it, but still a good game. I'm not playing at regular intervals however, because all my time is being consumed by...

Switch - LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom. Hot damn, this is the best game I've played in years. I don't know how Nintendo got this game to A: work at all with nearly infinite in-game possibilities, and B: only take up 16 gb of space. Their programers are true wizards. I'm 80 hours in and have experienced maybe 20 percent of the game. It's mind blowing.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
  • Like 1

Switch: The Oregon Trail. I'm doing a run I'm trying to do bad on purpose, but also try not to kill everyone in the process. xD 

PS3: Nothing currently

PS4: Nothing currently

PS5: Starting Astro's Playroom tomorrow after work. I should be home pretty early, so...

PC (yes, I do play PC rarely): Tropico 2...needs a modern remake

• 2 weeks later...

Star Wars: Dark Forces (PC) - Using The Force Engine to run the GOG version (forget DOSBox). A FPS set around the timeline of Episode IV: A New Hope. In the first mission, you're stealing the Death Star plans.

Powerslave (PC/PS4) - Two very different games sharing the same assets. The PC "classic" edition is the original game, with a more linear structure. PS4's one (Powerslave Exhumed, also available on PC) is based on the Saturn version, with a few elements from the PS1 port added. PE has some Metroidvania elements, so you revisit certain levels later. You can use keyboard and mouse on PS4, which is something more FPS devs need to do on console.

PS5: Ni no Kuni II (PS4) still. I'm right there at the end, almost have the Plat. Just been grinding for levels (currently level 92) on the final boss over and over. I'll play the DLC too, but I'm not sure if I've going to 100% the Solloseum or whatever it's called sounds like it's not very enjoyable. Also working on my 50 Skirmishes. I had done like 8 of them today then for the first time in 120+ hours the game crashed on me and I lost all that progress. They're easily the worst thing in the game. 

PS2: 007 Agent Under Fire. Played it a little when I was younger but I wrote the game off at the time for some reason...not entire sure what it was, but I think it had something to do with the game not having Pierce Brosnan but instead a look alike, so the game didn't feel like it mattered or something? I don't know...my wild imagination at play. The issue now is getting used to this being an era before devs really figured out how 2 analog sticks worked. You do most of the movement with the Left Stick, while Right Stick only really moves the camera up and down...rough thing to get re-acquainted with after all these years. 

Supplice (PC) - It's made by Mekworx using the GZDoom engine. This has some rather large levels (you WILL need that automap) and room-over-room/platform-over-floor level design. Protagonist Zorah uses a drill as her melee weapon, and its alt-fire is a shockwave which can kill or even gib weaker enemies in close. No guns? Fear not... soon you find an assault rifle with an ADS/3-shot burst attack, and the obligatory shotgun. The BGM by Jimmy Paddock, Sarah Mancuso, & Jackson Marriott is different from Doom-style fare, with a sound reminiscent of 90's Konami music (Orius/Xexex, for example). And it fits well here. This is in early access, with more missions to come.

Nintendo Switch: Wylde Flowers -  a magical farming sim - it's nice to just hop into a few days at a time. i'm working on wooing a werewolf.

PlayStation 4: Just finished Chained Echoes and will start Kitaria Fables soon

Playstation Vita & PlayStatio 3: Nothing at the moment.

On 07/08/2023 at 9:11 AM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

PARANORMASIGHT: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo  (SWITCH VERSION)

If anybody has similar games to recommend then be free to let me know!

I haven't played Paranormasight myself yet (I have it wishlisted) but maybe you would be interested in AI: The Somnium Files? It's available on Switch too where I played it.