Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

Turok: Evolution (GameCube) - Using Dolphin to play it with an HQ texture pack. While very different from the first two games and maybe a step below them, that's not to say it's horrible. The hub level design of the first two Turoks is gone. Instead, the stage progression is more linear (kind of like Quake 4 after Quake 2). Unlike the other two console versions (PS2 & OG Xbox), GC runs it at 60 FPS. OGX's looks better in some ways, but it runs at 30.

If this gets remastered like the first two, I'll buy it.

Vita: Revenant Saga. I have it on PS4 but figured it was time to play something on the Vita as I hadn't played it in nearly a year. 

PS2: 007 Nightfall. Agent Under Fire was pretty decent overall, but had a horrible non-existent ending...on to the sequel. 

Trying to hold off on getting into a big new game until Baldur's Gate 3 launches on PS5. So for now I'm doing another playthrough of Elden Ring for the platinum.

Also got Spirit Hunters: Infinite Horde. It's a fun mindless game I can play while listening to a podcast or music.

Overload (PS4) - Something similar to the Descent series. It would pass for an official sequel, with the studio Revival being started by founders of Parallax. What's new is an upgrade tree, where you can spend points before starting a mission. This is a tough one, and best played on Rookie the first time around. The holo-guide is a welcome feature.

With Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart complete... I ACTUALLY GET TO FINALLY PLAY A GAME I THOUGHT WAS LEGITIMATELY NOTHING BUT A PIPE DREAM.

TWEWY2. Neo: TWEWY.

Neo: The World Ends With You.

I can't be unbiased with this game. I really can't. If a game you thought was nothing but a pipe dream became reality... could you? lol

Forgive me as I act like a fangirl for the next month or so 😅

Trepang2 (PC) - Once you get far along into the 2nd main mission (Horizon's Pandora Institute), this will sure qualify as a spiritual successor to F.E.A.R. The horror side starts to kick in once you meet the Mothman. The Hard difficulty setting doesn't lie (and there are three even higher difficulties!)... don't feel bad if you need to play Normal first time around. This is coming to PS5 later.

On 8/14/2023 at 4:56 PM, RadiantFlamberge said:

Turok: Evolution (GameCube) - Using Dolphin to play it with an HQ texture pack. While very different from the first two games and maybe a step below them, that's not to say it's horrible. The hub level design of the first two Turoks is gone. Instead, the stage progression is more linear (kind of like Quake 4 after Quake 2). Unlike the other two console versions (PS2 & OG Xbox), GC runs it at 60 FPS. OGX's looks better in some ways, but it runs at 30.

If this gets remastered like the first two, I'll buy it.

It's a great game and I recently played it on the OG xbox, upscaled to 4k from the original Xbox via various devices. In my opinion it's a harder Turok and particularly the flying sections where I died and had to start again numerous times.

• 2 weeks later...

Descent (PC) - Just finished the Asteroid Secret Base, which you can get to from level 10. This level was good but had a few crazy bits...for one, when you're after the red keycard, there's a dark room you have to go in, then from there you find a tunnel leading to the room where it's kept.For the PC version, there are two good source ports... DXX-Rebirth and DXX-Raytracer. Another game I'd like to see Nightdive work their magic on later.

Hitman III

There’s a lot of content in one package finished all three games just need to get the rest of the trophies for Hitman III but taking a break from levelling up mastery.

Been playing the Freelancer Mode instead and been failing at it as well, Still haven’t beaten 1 full campaign. 😭

Ion Fury. A fun, modern, love letter to classic 90's shooters. But man, it's one of those games where you need to complete everything in each level but it has the potential to glitch on you as well as make levels take longer than they should, so it becomes more tedious than it should be, and I'm afraid this game is going to overstay it's welcome before I'm done with it. 

Baldur's Gate 3 - PS5 This is a great port, it does struggle a little but over all plays really well. Went straight from PC to PS5

Modern warfare 2 and 3 - XBSX, Both servers working

Mass Effect 1 remaster on PS5 - One of my favorite western titles ever

Descent (PC) - Just finished it with a score of about 2.4M on the Rookie difficulty, using D1X-Rebirth.. The original 6DOF shooter is no joke even on this level. Though I found it disorienting at the time of its release and gave up on it BITD, it's now become one of my favorites.

Immortals of Aveum (PC) - It's a mixed bag at this time. Ascendant Studios' magic/fantasy themed FPS looks promising, though there is considerable stuttering (pretty much for everyone, no matter how good your PC). It's nice seeing a change of pace from the Call of Duty archetype.  Let's hope Ascendant fixes the squirrelly performance soon.