Trophies you thought you didn't have the skill to do but you managed to do it.

charxsetsuna

26 minutes ago, acasser said:

Chemophobia and Ostiophobia from Rogue Legacy.  Those two re-mix bosses pretty much taught me that I could train myself to do almost anything if I put my mind to it enough.

The game itself is halfway in my wheelhouse (RPG-ish) and half way out of it (bullet hell).  Much of the game was rather mild; those two re-mix bosses were anything but.  I've put more time and effort into some other (non-grindy) trophies, particularly some of them in Zen Pinball 2, but these particular achievements take the cake.

I'm playing rogue legacy at the moment, but I have accepted theres some trophies I'm not getting from that game. Mainly the one where you have to complete the game in under 15 lives lost.

Once I complete the game once I'll be happy to stop playing, ironic considering the name of this thread.

Mines not even as impressive as most on this forum but mine would be achieving the trophy 'Nitro' on Rayman: Origins (completing all the speed run trails).

I would say I'm good at Platformers and the occasional time trail goals, but oh boy! I thought it was so tough as the timing can be strict especially if you make a false move.

There are 2 games that I managed to 100% that I never thought I'd be able to at first, the first was Clustertruck because of the :gold: Beat The Game Without Abilities trophy and the second was Headmaster because of the :silver: Teacher's Pet and :gold: It's Full Of Stars trophies. Thankfully I really enjoyed both games so essentially having to master them for these trophies wasn't so bad even if it was difficult and frustrating at times :)

EDIT: Oh and an honorable mention to the trophies for beating the game on brutal difficulty in Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection, those were rough at times.

shaneyboy619.png

Edited by shaneyboy619

Overseer from Uncharted 3 and Guessing Game from Payday 2 are probably the most skill based trophies I have. For Overseer, I spent 3-4 days bouncing around teams in a group chat based on other players' availability until I finally got it. I'm not the best at shooters, but I got decent towards the end, where I wasn't the worst in the group when I finally got it. I had a lot of fun with it though. For Guessing Game, i spent about about half a day navigating that map until I got lucky with the layout and could maneuver in and out; definitely don't recommend that experience to anyone.

ICO 2 hour speedrun and A+ ranks on all hotline Miami missions are the first to come to mind.

Yorda makes things difficult for no reason and had to try multiple times for the speedrun to get the plat.

A+ ranks were the bane of my existence back in the day and I struggled pretty hard to just beat the game so going back years later and wising up on how to approach each level helped me a lot. Never actually thought I was going to be able to do it though. I actually just came back to it to listen to the soundtrack and have fun. Haha.

• Like 4

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3
9Ld79996.png
MASTER OF TASKS

Clear 480 mission in mission mode.

when I first started this game and saw the challenges I said goodbye to making 100% account, I used to play a little from time to time until last month I went crazy in it and played almost 45 hours in one week just in this mode, I am really proud that I achieved this and the platinum 

Last year when I was trying to finally finish up the trophies for Resogun I was having a terrible time with Commando Mode. I tried tackling it with a partner online but the lag was so bad it made it harder than playing solo. So I spent a couple weeks trying it over and over again and finally pulled it off.

It's not even my rarest trophy but probably the one I'm most proud of.

• Like 1

The biggest one is definitely the platinum in Final Fantasy X.  Never thought I'd pull off quite a few of those trophies, but they ended up being doable with patience and the tips in the numerous guides that exist.  And while it doesn't apply to the versions on PSN, when I first played Ys Origin I never thought I'd beat nightmare boss rush.  By the time the game came out on PSN that was easy enough. 

And while they are not difficult games, I also didn't think I'd have the ability to get the plats for Zero and Ao no Kiseki.  Not so much because they were hard, but more because of the lack of accurate guides along with my not so hot skill at reading Japanese.  Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4 in Japanese weren't so bad because I was at least familiar with the gameplay mechanics, but Zero and Ao no Kiseki are quite different from any of the English releases.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Atoya said:

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3
9Ld79996.png
MASTER OF TASKS

Clear 480 mission in mission mode.

when I first started this game and saw the challenges I said goodbye to making 100% account, I used to play a little from time to time until last month I went crazy in it and played almost 45 hours in one week just in this mode, I am really proud that I achieved this and the platinum 

I am working on that also and being African doesn't help Japanese got that in their system.The number of Japanese accounts that 100% this game is huge.ive seen so many jap accounts with the 3 ultimate games100%.

5 hours ago, Startyde said:

The awful, broken trials of MK Vs DC. I stuck with it on and off for 7 years and finally plat the game. As an MK fan, I just kouldnt let that plat slip by. 

I like how you wrote couldn't just like a real fan would.

Mine also is trials in Capcom games blazbkue etc.practice makes perfect

• Like 3

This is an easy one to answer for me.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Quarter Muncher

75Ld866b2.png

This trophy is awarded for completing an arcade game within one of the zombie maps.  The game itself is the toughest arcade machine in the game AND is well known for glitching.  Arcade machines are supposed to allow additional plays, but this machine glitches and will not allow you to turn it back on.  In order to even play this arcade game you have about 30 minutes to an hour worth of prep time that you have to go through every time you fail.  Luckily I had a friend that I did this with that I communicate well with.

• Like 1

1000 note streak in Guitar Hero Live and the wingsuit challenges in Just Cause 3

1000 note streak specifically took me so long. I attempted it for months and months, same damn song. And I finally got it JUST before server closure

Edited by Burgins

36 minutes ago, PrimitiveRetro said:

I am working on that also and being African doesn't help Japanese got that in their system.The number of Japanese accounts that 100% this game is huge.ive seen so many jap accounts with the 3 ultimate games100%.

I am not from japan, I made this account Japanese just because I was going to study there and figured it a good option, you got this my dude, keep it up, I also recommend watching Jmcrofts series on YouTube he does the trials and u can see the common mistakes and try and avoid them!

GOOD LUCK

Beating oxide in time trials i thought i would never do at first. Plenty of practice and mastering the shortcuts makes it very doable

Next ones not a trophy but part of a trophy. Beating chapter 20 (i think) on crushing on uc4 was a real controller smasher

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Atoya said:

I am not from japan, I made this account Japanese just because I was going to study there and figured it a good option, you got this my dude, keep it up, I also recommend watching Jmcrofts series on YouTube he does the trials and u can see the common mistakes and try and avoid them!

GOOD LUCK

JMcrofts is a new YouTuber I found recently I love how he sits down and does all trials in those games. Watching vesper is fine but jmcrofts has English commentary and sometimes explains the missions in more details. I never knew otg meant off the ground and it's good playing along with him. I normally listen to him in the background while doing missions.

Thanks have a good 1.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

That's not a catchy title at all.

Anyways, are there any trophies you thought you didnt have the skill for, but you surprised yourself by actually managing to do it?

For me it's the trophy for beating inferno in trials fusion, hence why it's in my cabinet and the plat for ctr because I thought the time trials would be impossible.

Some of the death modes on Sound Shapes I thought I'd never get and some of the Rayman Legends trophy challenges. But you leave those challenges and go to bed after 3 hours of frustration just to get the trophy on your first try the next morning.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

I'm playing rogue legacy at the moment, but I have accepted theres some trophies I'm not getting from that game. Mainly the one where you have to complete the game in under 15 lives lost.

Once I complete the game once I'll be happy to stop playing, ironic considering the name of this thread.

15 lives is actually one of the easier ones to do once you get the hang of the bosses and all that.  If you take advantage of the Gold Farming tip as included in this site's trophy guide, this actually becomes somewhat trivial.  Especially if you can combine that with using a USB or other save backup method as a failsafe.

The re-mix bosses are nasty encounters where the other side has a distinct advantage.  Other than the one that may as well be 1980s-era Asteroids, you can eventually beat them through experience and understanding of what they're going to do plus a level of trained muscle memory.

The worst of those re-mix bosses took me upwards of two months trying several times per day.  Thanatophobia took me a small fraction of that investment.

"Go Team!" and especially "The Quick And Everyone Else..." in Red Dead Redemption I wanted to do them without boosting and I can really be stubborn sometimes, lol. I will never get "Best of the Best" but even "New Squadron Record" in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered was hard for me but I at least managed to get that one. I'm so glad I played Titanfall 2 on my alt account!

Edited by HellcoreFire
Spelling mistake.