DLC trophy thoughts

Hunt4Platinum

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Which is pretty much exactly what I am saying. 

Sony first party games platinums are absolutely no challenge anymore. You can do everything on easy and its all about watching collectible guides, which is boring af. They are appealing to trophy collectors and not trophy hunters. Hunting means putting in effort to be rewarded. 

And then they throw these trophies at us. 

I don't have a problem with these trophy requirements. It's just pissing me off that everyone and their grandma can achieve the plat without doing the actual challenging stuff. And the people who want 100% need to put in triple the time for a bronze and silver trophy that probably won't even be ultra rare. 

It's just completely retarded. 

I 100 percent agree with you on both your posts.  Don't let these participation trophy hunters talk down to you.  Keep being you man.  Max Payne 3 was a great example.  The people who are super into this game, i'm sorry to say probably never competed much in life/Pushed challenges to the limit.  We're living in a society that celebrates mediocrity.  Big ups brotha.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Fuck right off.

Inevitable as they told reviewers it was coming after launch but doesn't make it any less annoying. Hopefully accessibility options are still allowed.

Same sentiment here. Should have included this from the start so it could have been part of one of my runs. This was a fantastic game but I have very low interest in replaying the same campaign again. It's not even new gameplay, it's the same stuff again.

Although if it was like, replay every Encounter on these new difficulties, I might be kinder to it. I just don't want to play the whole freakin game again after I've already put it to rest. Even deleted it to make room for other games because it was freakin massive.

Edited by h4mx0r

12 minutes ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I KNEW IT! Guess I'll be going through this game at least twice more. I'm not going to try Grounded and permadeath in a single run. They knew what they were doing, tricky bastards.

It's in the game right now? Or are you just remarking at the trophies

I beat the game on hard weekend of release, but have taken until today to get to the first time you play as abby on survivor+. It feels to me that survivor, even with all the weapon and character upgrades *including the one that lets you survive lethal damage*, has been MUCH harder so far than hard was... I wish this game was good enough for me to look forward to grounded permadeath, which I definitely would do for the original.
although I notice it says "any permadeath mode", so it may have a few options, like restarting chapter, day, or character rather than game

48 minutes ago, cheesey_death321 said:

I notice it says "any permadeath mode", so it may have a few options, like restarting chapter, day, or character rather than game

I figure it just means permadeath on any difficulty level, but one life for whole game. Probably able to abuse back up saves for it. It's too long to expect a permadeath run in one sitting like Little Nightmares.

15 minutes ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I figure it just means permadeath on any difficulty level, but one life for whole game. Probably able to abuse back up saves for it. It's too long to expect a permadeath run in one sitting like Little Nightmares.

What about Wolfenstein New Colossus? I haven't played it but it doesn't seem like a short game, too and yet you have Mein Leben trophy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, theomgkitteh said:

What about Wolfenstein New Colossus? I haven't played it but it doesn't seem like a short game, too and yet you have Mein Leben trophy.

That is a great example, but even still you're comparing a 10 hour game to a 20 hour one. TLOU2 has skippable cutscenes so it might balance that equation back out. I really hope it's not a trophy that needs to be done in one sitting. Great point though. I think I just wouldn't do attempt it. I hate devs that think frustration = difficult.

6 hours ago, Quink666 said:

If only the game was good enough to warrant 1 more playthrough. Love Grounded in TLOU but i think i have to wait to 100% Part 2 since the story is a booring cookie cutter revenge story and i don't think i can force myself through it right now. Maybe in a few months when all the wounds have healed =>

What’s cookie cutter about it? If that’s all you thought it was you missed the point. Also boring? What game did you play? Last of Us Part 2 is great, if you found it boring, you’re the issue not the game. 

4 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

That is a great example, but even still you're comparing a 10 hour game to a 20 hour one. TLOU2 has skippable cutscenes so it might balance that equation back out. I really hope it's not a trophy that needs to be done in one sitting. Great point though. I think I just wouldn't do attempt it. I hate devs that think frustration = difficult.

It kind of does. Lol 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, theomgkitteh said:

Mein Leben can be done in 4-5 hours if you know what you're doing. And you kind of have to know what you're doing to get through.

• Like 1

Yeah....... yikes.

In terms of Grounded though I think it'll actually be easier. Presumably the accessibility features will still be there, which means you can play the whole game in slow motion and become invisible every time you go prone. Even on Grounded I imagine you could make it through that.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Yeah....... yikes.

In terms of Grounded though I think it'll actually be easier. Presumably the accessibility features will still be there, which means you can play the whole game in slow motion and become invisible every time you go prone. Even on Grounded I imagine you could make it through that.

thats what I was wondering about too. But I assume the accessibility features will be cut short for grounded.

5 minutes ago, preciseRNG said:

thats what I was wondering about too. But I assume the accessibility features will be cut short for grounded.

It would be a bit counter-productive for ND to cut all accessibility options out of the game for Grounded I think. They made a really nice statement with the accessibility of this game and they made it so that literally anyone can play this game. Cutting that out for Grounded would be a slap in the face to the people who need those settings, cause they'd essentially be saying "this part of the game isn't for you"

Here's hoping anyway.

Edited by jonesey46
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jonesey46 said:

It would be a bit counter-productive for ND to cut all accessibility options out of the game for Grounded I think. They made a really nice statement with the accessibility of this game and they made it so that literally anyone can play this game. Cutting that out for Grounded would be a slap in the face to the people who need those settings, cause they'd essentially be saying "this part of the game isn't for you"

Here's hoping anyway.

I see. Well there's only one way to find out :)