The_Mighty_Ducks

Multiple sources saying Series X is $599.99. What do you think the PS5 is going to be?

104 posts in this topic

Too lazy to post up the sources but Monster and Alanha Pierce gaveaway the price which is $599.99. 

Again nothing is confirmed so take it with a grain of salt. But I am confident its that price. 

So what do you think Sony's next move is? Sell the PS5 at the same price or undercut them at $499.99 and the digital version at $449.99?

If Sony didn't learn from ps3 at 599 then they are idiots! 

Jesus christ if Sony undercuts them, as well as having virtually no launch exclusives...cant see any reason to get a Series X at launch...

I suspect $599 for the regular model and $499-549 for the digital only. They have no reason to massively undercut the Xbox now that it lost its only interesting launch „exclusive”.

Checking my 8 ball (and I don't do anything unless I check this out first) tells me it will be $499.99.

Magic 8-Ball - Wikipedia

I don't think they've showcased enough of its improved dust gathering technology for anyone to make an informed purchase decision at this point.

I can't see Sony making another PS3 price mistake with how much backlash they got back then. I'm going to stick with $399 digital and $499 disk, which should be around $550 and $650 in Australia.

Disc version will be at least 549, wouldn't surprise me at all if they went 599 like Microsoft did. It just doesn't make any business sense to significantly undercut xbox right now. 

The math people have done with the Monster giveaway is wrong.

No clue about Alanah Pearce or her resources.

If anything, that article is saying that the XBox is going to be $550, not $600. I'm not sure why they think that the Halo game's price wouldn't be added into the final prize price.

I doubt the PS5 will be more than $500. I could see the Xbox being $550 or $600.

Never would Sony do the 599,99 US DOLLARS mistake back in 2006, so does Microsoft.

499,99$ for each top system would be the maximum price I’d give.

Sadly I think that Sony will do a PS3 again... It is what happen after they get too comfortable on a gen...

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I don’t understand all the talk of “repeating the PS3 mistake”. Do people expect consoles to NEVER cross the $599 threshold?

$599 in 2006, adjusted for inflation, is worth $760 today. That’s what “repeating the PS3 mistake” would be.

Not the $599, I mean going overboard with the price... Maybe $700-$800?

I could see the regular PS5 going from anywhere between $450~550 and the digital only one going for $400~500.  Sony will probably bank on customers purchasing their peripherals at launch along with a good number of games.

$600 for the Series X will basically kill their launch since the main game, Halo, has been pushed back to 2021.  I could see all this recent news having a long-term devastating effect on Xbox in general.  If they could release at around $450~500 they may be able to hold on until some of their heavy hitters are able to release, but I can see a lot of people holding off on purchasing a unit until then.

6 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I don’t understand all the talk of “repeating the PS3 mistake”. Do people expect consoles to NEVER cross the $599 threshold?

$599 in 2006, adjusted for inflation, is worth $760 today. That’s what “repeating the PS3 mistake” would be.

Especially when consoles in the past have cost more at launch. neo geo, cd-i, laseractive, 3do

Posted (edited)

P$599.99 (see what I did there?)

Edited by IntroPhenom

$600 and no Halo at launch?? Christ, I hope not. It would be the death of Microsoft as a console competitor.