At what % does a platinum get your respect?

effdeegee

This is a tricky one a platinum trophy can be easy or hard and still earn my respect. I think that they kind of lose value when people play games that are easy purely for the platinum. I have a mixed bag of platinum trophies but none for a game that I hated. Enjoyed them all except for wonderbook which my 10 year all daughter did on my profile. Proud of her for getting it but embarrassed that its on my account.

This is a tricky one a platinum trophy can be easy or hard and still earn my respect. I think that they kind of lose value when people play games that are easy purely for the platinum. I have a mixed bag of platinum trophies but none for a game that I hated. Enjoyed them all except for wonderbook which my 10 year all daughter did on my profile. Proud of her for getting it but embarrassed that its on my account.

Any platinum that anyone earns is RESPECTABLE! Said gamer spends the money and takes the time to complete and finish the game is more than enough to earn respect. Rarity is based on too many factors. The ULTRA RARE plats that I respect most are the ones that are still Ultra Rare and have over 50,000 game owners. I myself have 2 of them in GTA IV and Resistance 2 (both took 3 months to earn). 

• Like 2

100%s for PSN games are also often harder than Platinums.

I'm WAY prouder of my 100% in Shatter, Big Sky Infinity, Limbo and Braid than most of my Platinums.

Shatter, for example is theoretically possible to 100% in like 5 hours, but its solid as hell, and took me a LOT of attempts to get the Boss Rush trophy! (Yes, yes, come on out and tell me how crap I must be ;) )

I totally agree! 

I respect every platinum and moreover I respect the gamer behind it.

If I win an Ultra rare obviously i feel more satisfied, but in the end my goal is to reach the 100% in every game I buy. (I'll NEVER  buy the Montana's game though...) ;)

• Like 1

I believe that every platinum gets it's respect for various reasons but from my perspective it's about 0,01 - 5%

Proud to be owner of the trophies below:)

Sc61d05.png 1S63111c.png Platinum Trophy
You've unlocked all Trophies! #2,604 22nd Feb 2012
6:58:51 PM
Achievers
Owners
0.80%
Ultra Rare
40-platinum.png S059a2f.png 1S2d740a.png Zenith
Unlock all Trophies. #2,954 9th Nov 2012
2:33:30 PM
Achievers
Owners
2.27%
Ultra Rare
40-platinum.png S79a945.png 1Sf4cf08.png Master of Fate
Obtain all Trophies. #1,563 14th Mar 2011
11:51:58 PM
Achievers
Owners
2.96%
Ultra Rare
40-platinum.png Sa4bb08.png 1S118e62.png What Do You Want, A Medal?
Earn All Available Trophies in Medal of Honor Frontline #1,310 12th Jan 2011
10:49:54 PM
Achievers
Owners
3.69%
Ultra Rare
40-platinum.png S79f169.png 1Sae785d.png Divine Summoner
In recognition of your rank as a true master summoner. (Acquisition of all trophies) #3,053 1st Dec 2012
10:00:42 PM
Achievers
Owners
4.87%
Ultra Rare
40-platinum.png

I don't give any person my respect, because (s)he might have tons of plats or difficult or easy plats.

People have to have other qualities for me, to respect them.

I have more respect for a person who has a hard time getting any trophy than I could ever have for a person, who has an easy time getting plat after plat.

And as for games, I might "respect" - don't care about the rarity.

If somebody spends his time getting the plat for Hannah Montana it doesn't make it any better or worse than the effort someone takes to get the plat for Ninja Gaiden or whatever game.

As somebody here said before - as long as people fun with the game, it's a worthy plat.

If you play it for the plat alone, then it's nothing more than another trophy.

Usually, a game that is at 5% rarity or under, is often a pain in the butt for at least one or more reasons, so I tend to see those as more "valuable". However, in this day and age of rampant account sharing and hacking, I have very little respect for anyone who engages in these types of activities, and then, tries to pass himself/herself off as legit. 

For me it's not a certain percentage that gets my respect when it comes to platinums, but a small, simple set of criteria instead, and they are;

• The platinum was earned by any means that don't violate the TOS.
  • The platinum was enjoyable for the person & not earned simply for the sake of another platinum.
  • The individual must be proud of their achievement as well.
  • Like 1

It don't matter to me really. If you put time and effort to get the platinum in a game than that gets my respect. If you play mp and rank up to the highest level than I respect that.

I only have a couple of Ultra rare plats but I do have plenty of very rare and rare plats also. I like a easy game also.

One thing I try to keep in mind also is you don't know what kind of or what age the gammer is on the other side of their profile.

• Like 1

It's like art, I'll know it when I see it.

I tend to respect people that go for more off the beat titles. Yeah, GTA4/5, SF4, UMVC3 may be harder plats to get, but everyone on earth is playing them, so it's kinda like a puppy mill of trophies.

I admire the people who take the time and go after Alpha Protocol, Inversion, Dark Void, or any other number of obscure titles. Lesser games need love too.

0%

More specifically no platinum earns my respect.  Trophies are for me and me alone to chronicle my gaming adventures.  I don't really have respect for any of them.  I respect the gamer who enjoys their games for just pure enjoyment.  Trophies (and Platinums for that matter) have always been second when it comes to my collection. 

• Like 2

0%

More specifically no platinum earns my respect.  Trophies are for me and me alone to chronicle my gaming adventures.  I don't really have respect for any of them.  I respect the gamer who enjoys their games for just pure enjoyment.  Trophies (and Platinums for that matter) have always been second when it comes to my collection. 

Took the words right out of my mouth. I enjoy trophies too but I game for enjoyment first and trophies aren't even on my mind when I'm playing. I have no problems with people who call themselves trophy hunters or whores and understand that is what some people find fun but trophies are purely for personal satisfaction and as such I can't say I "respect" any of them. 

Parker

• Like 1