Crash 4 trophy thoughts

4 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

If this actually turns out to be even somewhat challenging, you can expect a bunch of entitled twats to be in full petition mode and stacks of threads explaining why platinum time trials should be removed within the next week or two. 

Which is good for me because then I can offer it on a service lmaooo.

Even gold relics can cause pain in some levels but Platinum relics !!! Dear god ? I hate this trophy list... Im still getting the game but I am angry they are making Crash platinum harder than in Souls games... I hate to do anything on time in games and even more for trophies. ? Why they have to make a game rated 7+ hard as hell to get 100%, I understand hardcore platinums in Souls games and other hardcore games but a platformer made for everyone... thats just stupid... Doesnt need to be Easy or very Easy (Like som recent Sony titles...) but should at least be somewhere between Medium and Hard, not hardcore or even Nightmare. ? This will also hurt the sales... I know a a "few" people who were waiting for the trophy list and now they are waiting for at least 80% price drop before they buy... ?

It looks pretty darn challenging, I'll probably not be able to get the plat for this (haven't for the N'sane trilogy or CTR as I hate time trials) not without help anyway, the collectables I should be able to manage won't be getting the game at launch (massive backlog+ I can't justify £50-60 for a platformer and plus with it being activision blizzard... emphasis on the blizzard bit due to the human rights stuff last year... will get it when I can get it for around £35 like I paid for the N'sane trilogy)  but pleased to see what's expected for the platinum in advance, including the local MP with trophies is a nice touch as it doesn't make the modes completely useless for a lot of people, surprised there is only 4 coloured gems but with what 5-6 gems per level and there being over 100 levels from what was announced (not too sure if that includes the N.verted ones or they mean 100+ unique levels) it makes it pretty crazy compared to the previous games. Will take a look at some gameplay of the final build as the demo they made the slide jumping have no momentum like the the original trilogy did, and momentum in games like this is everything especially for some of the places where they will hide gems (though I saw a slide spin in the demo makes the game speedrunning wise seem like a cakewalk...) the extra height and momentum is essential for the game, if its not in hopefully they patch it in asap.

Oof. Platinum relics for platinum not sure how happy I am with that. I loved the Crash games, but in Crash 1 I really struggled with GOLD relics, let alone platinum. So depends on the difficulty of the plat relics but I don't know if I have fun going for the plat relics I might just end up throwing controllers around.

Everyone's talking about the Platinum Relics but I think the N.Sanely Perfect Relics are going to be just as difficult. Breaking every box plus collecting 80% of the Wumpa fruit and the hidden gem in a level without dying.

Given that some of these levels seem to be pretty long and have some pretty precise platforming with rail sections where you basically have to know the layout in order to get every box, I suspect they're going to be just as big of a challenge as the time trials.

13 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

I expect this one too be a little harder because you have to get platinum relics.  I got platinum times on every stage in the first three games, though.  Can't wait until this week

Good job! 

I'm so excited for this. The trophy icons look great. Sad I'll probably never get that beautiful platinum image for myself. Oh well, can't get them all. 

14 hours ago, AusLeviathan said:

Everyone's talking about the Platinum Relics but I think the N.Sanely Perfect Relics are going to be just as difficult. Breaking every box plus collecting 80% of the Wumpa fruit and the hidden gem in a level without dying.

Given that some of these levels seem to be pretty long and have some pretty precise platforming with rail sections where you basically have to know the layout in order to get every box, I suspect they're going to be just as big of a challenge as the time trials.

Do we know that that is the requirement for N Sane relics? Personally that sounds like it would be easier than speedrun trophies (and more fun), still hard but a nice challenge.

29 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

Do we know that that is the requirement for N Sane relics? Personally that sounds like it would be easier than speedrun trophies (and more fun), still hard but a nice challenge.

It is, there have been streams from people who got the game early showing it.

I like it, it's basically like the original Crash Bandicoot's requirement for getting the gems.

Edited by AusLeviathan