Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

I avoid ultra rares because "Completionist 100% hurdur" but this game is tons of fun even though it's hell.

I'm trying to get no death runs for a perfect relic as soon as I finished a world and currently reached the end of Mosquito Marsh and there's already some levels that took me 2 hours to get perfect. Atleast this game is trial and error and not random RNG shit. I'll keep practicing as I always said to myself I'm a crash god in the ps1 era. Time to prove it I guess ?.

Already took a glance at cortex castle and some of the other levels most people complain about and I can easily see myself grind those for days :D

Edited by Deluziion90

20 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's absolutely a time sink, but highly dependent on skill. Here's what my file looks like at the moment (there's definitely a few hours of AFK time):

PS_Messages_20201017_222303.jpg

Although compared to some other times I have seen, I'm starting to think I just suck at the game lol

Have you been idling mid-level? Because I dont think the timer actually tracks afk time. My final playtime was 109 hours, but the bot I use to track playtime on games I play had me at 160 hours. I only ever used that single savefile, so if it tracks idle time there shouldn’t have been a difference.

22 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Have you been idling mid-level? Because I dont think the timer actually tracks afk time. My final playtime was 109 hours, but the bot I use to track playtime on games I play had me at 160 hours. I only ever used that single savefile, so if it tracks idle time there shouldn’t have been a difference.

I would usually get up and walk away after I die or leave it running while watching a video when I was missing a box or hidden gem. I can't imagine the AFK is that much, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some AFK time in there.

Either way, the game the game is a time sink and Powerpyx's 50hr estimate is pretty crazy to me.

13 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I would usually get up and walk away after I die or leave it running while watching a video when I was missing a box or hidden gem. I can't imagine the AFK is that much, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some AFK time in there.

Either way, the game the game is a time sink and Powerpyx's 50hr estimate is pretty crazy to me.

Yeah the 50 hours is absolutely ridiculous and unreasonable lol. Did the TFB dev even do it that quick?

10 minutes ago, Akeachi said:

What's the point of a 100% account if you're just playing easy games cause you're too scared about your 100%?

When I used to trophy hunt (this was my 100% account) I wasn't afraid to start games even if I'm not too comfortable about finishing it since I believe that most games can be done as long as you put some time into it even if you suck at said genre

So my advice is to just not care about the rarity of a game and play what Interests you, as long as you're not playing Crypt Of The Necrodancer, almost any game is possible for you

That's what I do. I buy games that are awesome, and I achieve the trophies regardless of difficulty/rarity. 

Side note: in rock blocked and other chase levels, does the dinosaur destroy every single box?? Currently going for the perfect relic and wondering if I can afford to leave some boxes behind.

Just now, MrJAMBA said:

That's what I do. I buy games that are awesome, and I achieve the trophies regardless of difficulty/rarity. 

Side note: in rock blocked and other chase levels, does the dinosaur destroy every single box?? Currently going for the perfect relic and wondering if I can afford to leave some boxes behind.

yes, the dinosaur and the vehicle in the second dimension/world (hit the road, truck stopped) destroy the remaining boxes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrJAMBA said:

In Rock Blocked, pretty sure the dinosaur destroys all crates you leave behind except one of the very last two (I think the "?" crate) floating above the lava where the three platforms you can jump across are. Either it's intended, or I got very unlucky that one time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Akeachi said:

What's the point of a 100% account if you're just playing easy games cause you're too scared about your 100%?

When I used to trophy hunt (this was my 100% account) I wasn't afraid to start games even if I'm not too comfortable about finishing it since I believe that most games can be done as long as you put some time into it even if you suck at said genre

So my advice is to just not care about the rarity of a game and play what Interests you, as long as you're not playing Crypt Of The Necrodancer, almost any game is possible for you

^ This right here! 

as an ex 100% trophy hunter UFC Personal Trainer broke my streak of having 100.00% completion on my profile back in 2014 (Turns out the plat is unobtainable) did me a HUGE favor tbh. It made me just enjoy games overall. I started to play games i really enjoy to platinum. If I didn't like a game I'd play something different and not be bothered by not having it 100% in it. I've never looked back. Being a 100.00% completionist I ended up dropping out of college and losing my relationships with friends because i was OBSESSED with 100% games for almost two years. That's all I focused on in. Stayed in my room and never really saw the light of day. It was so unhealthy and it's why I sometimes get salty when I see 100.00% completionists. Some of them maybe going through that addiction I was in. I defended myself back then too. If you enjoy it sure but it's not an enjoyment for me (it never was). To me it was more of a chore than anything. I wouldn't buy the latest release of a game until I 100% the game I was on. It was brutal. When GTA V came out back in 2013 I bought the game day 1. I was hyped until I saw the multiplayer trophies. So I never touched it until after I stopped being a completionist and finally played it in 2015. Though I wished I played it back when I got it. But that 100% profile had to stay clean! I needed games where It was easy to complete and get 100%. Now I'm enjoying games like never before! I still enjoy getting platinums. It's fun to obtain them even if I don't 100% the add-ons. Not to flex or anything but being the first person to obtain the platinum to one of my favorite games growing up is more rewarding than having 100.00% profile anyday! Let me tell you. That's why I hope Crash 4 bandicoot is breaking some people 100.00%'s and making them realize that it's not all glitter and gold to having a 100.00% profile. Enjoy games for what they are. If your a 100% trophy hunter and you've waited 22 years to get this game but not getting it bc of the trophies. GET IT! Play it for your enjoyment and your happiness.

"Never let the fear of striking out trophies keep you from playing the game".

SleepyBeauty Out!

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 4:26 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

It's absolutely a time sink, but highly dependent on skill. Here's what my file looks like at the moment (there's definitely a few hours of AFK time):

<140h screenshot>

Although compared to some other times I have seen, I'm starting to think I just suck at the game lol

KAQBBF4.jpg

This is from @Matej558 so it's definitely doable much faster. 50 hours (as per PP guide) would be an insanely good time to achieve.

Nonetheless, your progress is very good. Only few more to go. :)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

snip

You're basically classifying a lot of completionists as being people who are overly obsessed with trophies and whom have no life.

I've been gaming far longer than achievements or trophies existed, as a matter of fact I have a bunch of games on Steam that I play that have no achievement system whatsoever. The trophy profile I maintain here on this website is just a small part of my gaming hobby.

Too many people on these forums just blindly think that trophy hunting and playing for fun can't go together. I have played plenty of games on my profile that I really enjoyed and doing the trophies was a lot of fun. Perhaps you can say the same for some games you finished. But I also like going for a challenge every now and then.

I would just love to see you say what you wrote to people going after the platinum in Super Meat Boy. Are you just going to tell them it's not worth it if they struggle a little? That they should quit the hobby of trophy hunting?

I of course struggled getting that platinum, but after investing probably 100 - 150 hours into the game I can look back and say I'm damn proud with what I got. Your post would just get me to quit playing those hard games altogether.

Not everything needs to be accessible to everyone. You need to have some tough as nails indie games and some AAA games that offer up some challenge. Because let me tell you seeing a bunch of overly easy games gets pretty boring after a while.

I did like the bit where you said I don't want to hurt my game percentage. Cmon man. You can't categorize completionists as people with no life who can't have fun, I would argue it's quite the opposite for a number of them.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You're basically classifying a lot of completionists as being people who are overly obsessed with trophies and whom have no life.

I've been gaming far longer than achievements or trophies existed, as a matter of fact I have a bunch of games on Steam that I play that have no achievement system whatsoever. The trophy profile I maintain here on this website is just a small part of my gaming hobby.

Too many people on these forums just blindly think that trophy hunting and playing for fun can't go together. I have played plenty of games on my profile that I really enjoyed and doing the trophies was a lot of fun. Perhaps you can say the same for some games you finished. But I also like going for a challenge every now and then.

I would just love to see you say what you wrote to people going after the platinum in Super Meat Boy. Are you just going to tell them it's not worth it if they struggle a little? That they should quit the hobby of trophy hunting?

I of course struggled getting that platinum, but after investing probably 100 - 150 hours into the game I can look back and say I'm damn proud with what I got. Your post would just get me to quit playing those hard games altogether.

Not everything needs to be accessible to everyone. You need to have some tough as nails indie games and some AAA games that offer up some challenge. Because let me tell you seeing a bunch of overly easy games gets pretty boring after a while.

I did like the bit where you said I don't want to hurt my game percentage. Cmon man. You can't categorize completionists as people with no life who can't have fun, I would argue it's quite the opposite for a number of them.

seems like he was true in what he said if you got so butthurt about it. His comment was perfectly fine dude, cmon

7 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Would someone be able to summarise what's happened in all 17 pages of this thread?

Much appreciated. 

There are 3 groups of people in the thread:

1) The ones that say the game is too hard because they lack the skills to complete it or do not want to dedicate the time to complete it. They also think the need to get platinum relics and get perfect on every level is too much to ask. Also saying that the other Crash games were easier than this so therefore this one should be easier also. 

2) The ones that completed the game successfully and are sharing how long it took them, tips on how to do it, and motivating others that they can do it with enough time and patience. Some are also saying that the difficulty is actually on par with the previous versions, they just need to practice more. 

3) The ones that are asking for the game to made easier or the price to be lowered. People posting that it is not worth the asking price. Also some saying that they want a patch released to make the game easier by way of speed boots or other ways.

Some people are also talking about the bugs in the game, which there are some, but I won't categorize them. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, johnclark12 said:

There are 3 groups of people in the thread:

1) The ones that say the game is too hard because they lack the skills to complete it or do not want to dedicate the time to complete it. They also think the need to get platinum relics and get perfect on every level is too much to ask. Also saying that the other Crash games were easier than this so therefore this one should be easier also. 

2) The ones that completed the game successfully and are sharing how long it took them, tips on how to do it, and motivating others that they can do it with enough time and patience. Some are also saying that the difficulty is actually on par with the previous versions, they just need to practice more. 

3) The ones that are asking for the game to made easier or the price to be lowered. People posting that it is not worth the asking price. Also some saying that they want a patch released to make the game easier by way of speed boots or other ways.

Some people are also talking about the bugs in the game, which there are some, but I won't categorize them. 

*frustration isn't worth it when you can play tons of games in the time the game is Platted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I think you kind of missed his point, judging by you mentioning the Super Meat Boy. You struggled, but the point is you probably had fun playing that game. He did not say people should stop getting trophies in difficult games. He even said he still considers getting Platinum trophies fun. Let me give you an example of what (I think) he meant.

During the time I bought PS4, there were not many games and hunting the trophies was not a priority for me. I like to 100% games now, but I'm not obsessed with it to the point of deciding what games to buy based on the trophy list, playing only easy games, etc. About 2 years ago I decided to go back and Platinum the first game I bought on PlayStation - Killzone Shadowfall. To get the Plat you need to spend hundreds of hours playing multiplayer with people or boost trophies with bots. I was sitting, mindlessly killing bots to boost all the different stats I needed for the Platinum. I don't remember how many hours I did this, but it was not fun with the only award being the Platinum trophy. I should have played some other game instead or did something else.

If you have something going on in your life, playing the games for the sake of having 100% and doing all these "tasks" you would never do if the trophies would not exist without having fun is a massive waste of your time. Another example of this is people on this site constantly complaining about New Game+ DLC trophies saying the developers force them to play the game again. No, they don't. It's just obsession on their side.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I think you kind of missed his point, judging by you mentioning the Super Meat Boy. You struggled, but the point is you probably had fun playing that game. He did not say people should stop getting trophies in difficult games. He even said he still considers getting Platinum trophies fun. Let me give you an example of what (I think) he meant.

During the time I bought PS4, there were not many games and hunting the trophies was not a priority for me. I like to 100% games now, but I'm not obsessed with it to the point of deciding what games to buy based on the trophy list, playing only easy games, etc. About 2 years ago I decided to go back and Platinum the first game I bought on PlayStation - Killzone Shadowfall. To get the Plat you need to spend hundreds of hours playing multiplayer with people or boost trophies with bots. I was sitting, mindlessly killing bots to boost all the different stats I needed for the Platinum. I don't remember how many hours I did this, but it was not fun with the only award being the Platinum trophy. I should have played some other game instead or did something else.

If you have something going on in your life, playing the games for the sake of having 100% and doing all these "tasks" you would never do if the trophies would not exist without having fun is a massive waste of your time. Another example of this is people on this site constantly complaining about New Game+ DLC trophies saying the developers force them to play the game again. No, they don't. It's just obsession on their side.

exactly