What is your new trophy level?

thefourfoldroot

I went from level 14 to level 242.

11 minutes ago, ddrakner said:

Sony's opening to new generations of trophy hunters, without (for now) doing much about old one. Not only they didnt improve the old cap, they put a new one easier to reach and with more people stuck on it respect to old levels. Mine didnt changed for now but it will be 999 based on what I read here. There could have been a lot of good ideas on how to improve, but I guess we will not speak about them for another whole generation of consoles.

Well, at least we got that new shiny little icon lol

You need to be about level 160 on the old system to hit the new cap so you'll still have a fair bit to go before you get there.

• Like 1

The lowest ranked 999 account on PSN Leaders is Supra_jza80

His previous trophy level is 162.

I haven't got far to go then ?

ps Also worked out there are 485 people who were previously at 100 level cap, who are now under the new level cap.

Also..... I wonder how this guys feels today :

https://psnprofiles.com/ConanSherlock

Edited by Platosaurus

Just now, The Titan said:

Went from 25 to 380. Probably one of the most pointless updates I've ever seen by Sony. They shouldve just increase the trophy level cap. That's it.

It will be nice to see myself going through silver and gold to plat level, it’s just that those most dedicated or longest grinding trophy hunters are still stuck at top level.

I guess Sony are trying to get the non trophy hunters to enter the fold, which may be a benefit in itself to the top level guys I hope, it should sure up the system and perhaps get Sony to vomit to more enhancement, challenges etc due to the greater number of people who care.

Olus we are finally getting the trophy tracker, which is great! (Hopefully PS4 games receive patches too, but at least it’ll be there on ps5 games moving forward - as long as devs aren’t lazy).

21 minutes ago, MorbidMercenary said:

what do you mean by legacy system lvl 999 to lvl 1?

It's like the Prestige in Call od Duty, a useless Feature. I never know in this game which Level are the other Players, is this Level 24 higher than his Level 24? A terrible Level-Up System. If you reach Level 1000 you would be Level 1 again, just with another Icon. Everybody would think you are Level 1, not Level 999, because nobody looks at your Icon.

11 minutes ago, The Titan said:

They shouldve just increase the trophy level cap. That's it.

They increased it a bit:

11 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

You need to be about level 160 on the old system to hit the new cap so you'll still have a fair bit to go before you get there.

Edited by Sikutai

While I appreciate Sony giving the trophy system extra attention, I'm not a big fan of the new level system. I'm all in for trophy requirement progression and a redesign of the current system, but they didn't eliminate the issue that many people seemed to have: the cap. Why not make the 'Platinum' tier from Lvl. 999 and onwards?

Went from Lvl. 37 (24 % in) to Lvl. 481 (10 % in), so it doesn't affect me much, but I can understand why some people (those being bumped to Lvl. 999) are a bit frustrated.

9 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

how to get this new trophy level?

Some people are saying that earning a trophy helped trigger it, but I didn't earn one for mine to update. My partner earned a couple trophies today and it still hasn't changed for her. So basically, answer is... a Mystery.

Her friends list is also so silly. Some are updated, some aren't. Makes me look ridiculous next to her friends who haven't got the updated numbers lmao 

I guess it's just happening slowly. Just gotta wait and see while the whole thing sorts itself out and levels us all. I'm sure it can't be the easiest change to implement with such a huge amount of accounts and such.

32 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

While I appreciate Sony giving the trophy system extra attention, I'm not a big fan of the new level system. I'm all in for trophy requirement progression and a redesign of the current system, but they didn't eliminate the issue that many people seemed to have: the cap. Why not make the 'Platinum' tier from Lvl. 999 and onwards?

Went from Lvl. 37 (24 % in) to Lvl. 481 (10 % in), so it doesn't affect me much, but I can understand why some people (those being bumped to Lvl. 999) are a bit frustrated.

I wouldn’t don’t put it past Sony to have a character limit of 3 numbers, lol.

Now they have changed it so the new cap of 999 now requires around 60% more points, but there is a limit to how much they would have felt they could stretch progression between levels and still give a satisfying experience.

Edited by thefourfoldroot