Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

3 minutes ago, RedSkyKing said:

Wait, it doesn’t sound like downloadable content from PS4 (Themes, Avatars, DLC) will carry over to PS5. If that’s the case I swear to God Sony....

Themes not carrying over makes sense, but avatars...? Even the PS3 can see PS4 avatars.

Hell, you can even change PS3 avatars from a PS4 without having them installed on the PS3.

Edited by Lance_87

PS4 store was worlds better than the PS3 store and I imagine the PS5 store will be much improved as well.

But removing the wishlist feature?  Why?  That was quite handy for a quick scan if anything you have been wanting is on sale.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

This sounds terrible. Whenever I go to buy digital PS3 and Vita games, I always do that through the browser because the store on the systems themselves are an absolute nightmare to navigate.  Also, doesn't this mean that it'll now be impossible to buy PSP games and download them on that system? I recall they removed the ability to buy games on the PSP itself a few years back and you had to do it on the browser.

You can still buy psp games through the vita store

• Like 2

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

You can still buy psp games through the vita store

I know you can still buy and play PSP games on the Vita, but I was wondering how it would work if you just owned a PSP since they shut down the native store a while ago. I guess it's still possible to buy PSP games via the PS3's store and transfer them over, but that's far from ideal.

• Like 1

What's next, are they going to put the old store in the same server where we choose the trophies we want to hide, or the one rarely used for crossplay saves? Because they fail tons lol

Besides, the ps3 and vita store apps are slow and just suck

Terrible news indeed

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I know you can still buy and play PSP games on the Vita, but I was wondering how it would work if you just owned a PSP since they shut down the native store a while ago. I guess it's still possible to buy PSP games via the PS3's store and transfer them over, but that's far from ideal.

You can still access your download history on the ps store on the psp

Note its not recommended though as the psp doesn't support modern encryption, so you'll have to turn off the encryption on your router so its not a good idea

Edited by SnowxSakura

Having to deal with both PS4 and PS3 storefronts through the console UI is a serious pain in the ass... (especially when the PS3 store is randomly freezing my entire console because... reasons).

Great idea, Sony!?

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Potentially, if they offload the PC/mobile, PS4, and PS5 traffic from the same server that serves the PS3 and Vita, the PS3 and Vita store would get better performance... Ah, who am I kidding? We don't think optimistically after all this time about Sony. 

PS3/Vita content is not on the same servers as PS4. If you try PSDLE you can see they have different links.

• Like 1