Trumpet_Boi_208

Share any unpopular gaming opinions here!

309 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, xHydroBoltx said:

Maybe not to the extent of PS4 or the Super Nintendo, but way better than the N64s pathetic library of games.

They handled cartridges poorly, since Nintendo was the last company to still have them when Sony and Microsoft saw more potential with games stored on discs. N64 games were not cheap in the slightest, which prompted me to rent a good majority of them from an old video rental store back in the day, now long gone and a faded memory.

I have many fond memories of that time when I played Nintendo, even 20 years later.

26 minutes ago, insane2201 said:

Also the sex scene was unnecessary and shows how skewed Sony's view on censorship is when they censor the crap out of anime games.

They're lenient on western games and media showing sex, but damn if they ever allow some titties and boobs in an anime game go uncensored.

I feel they are skewed because their headquarters is in California now, not Japan.

Edited by Spaz

12 hours ago, Berendsapje said:

Well, screw it. Here we go, have my bunker set up and everything for when everyone wants to chase me with pitchforks later:

• Persona 5, while a brilliant game, loses points for the abysmal sound track they put in that. The only song worth a damn was Blooming Villain.
  • Final Fantasy VII is the worst of the Final Fantasies I've played, with 13 as the best
  • The Witcher 3 is completely overrated, with everyone only interested because of the sex scenes included
  • Need for Speed 2015 was a pretty solid game, way better than the trash heap that was Payback
  • Telltale's demise should be celebrated through the entire galaxy. You want to talk ezpz plats with Ratalaika? Telltale games are way easier, and the fact that there is no gameplay to speak of, the only difference is the length, and who the hell loves time-related trophies?

And here are two special ones

• The hate Ratalaika and POWGI get is honestly just plain dumb.

Everyone likes to bitch at them and their "ezpz" plats that don't require effort to get, but then turn around and bitch and moan about Mein Leben and Infallible. There are hard-core elitists, and they get a lot of hate, but the others in between are just as bad, if not worse. At least the hard-core only people know they're elitists. The gate-keeping in that is utterly despicable.

Even without that, most people still try to look for exploits anyways. Even UR hunters sometimes put more effort in looking for games than actually playing them. And let's not forget that there are also a lot of other games with a plat rate of 60%-ish that are considered OK. I'll tell you one thing, I've had more fun playing those ratas than playing the garbage heap that is Motorcycle Club, but "Oh look a Very Rare plat respectable" no it isn't. You guys go for hard games, bitch and moan about easy moders and play some of the worst things ever put on this earth, but it's all right because "oh look low plat percentage". Some Ratalaika games are actually well-made and fun to play, like Inksplosion. Don't get me wrong, people who mock other players because of a lower plat count even when their list is stacked with ezpz stacks are also horrible. But that's a very small minority, if they even exist.

• The argument that Political Correctness is ruining games belongs in the trash

This is an argument that has shown up a lot since TLOU2 came out, something I've admittedly not played, but the backlash was so hilariously dumb that I ran out of corn to pop after a while. The backlash that game received was almost exclusively about Abby, how she killed Joel and she's a horrid person and ladieda... Joel doomed the world by kidnapping Ellie, he's in no way a hero and deserved to die. It also masked the fact that a lot of people simply didn't like a trans character anywhere, and were screaming "ThE lEfT iS pUsHiNg An AgEnDa" because they force their ideology about how trans people are actually that. People

Pushing an agenda has been in a gaming since the start. Why do you think FPS games exist? Have you ever played as someone who was not an American or conveniently allied with them in a war-themed FPS? Have you ever had a war game where the story had you FIGHT the USA? I mean, bring up Spec Ops all you want, you're still an inhabit of Eagleland. The only two games where you play as an operative from a different country (Iran in this case) are highly controversial because "It's so unsettling to play as someone who kills American citizens" well it happens non-stop to people from other countries. For crying out loud, Call of Duty flat-out LIED about the Highway of Death in one of their games. The entire genre of war-themed FPS was MADE to push an agenda, and you cry now?

Back to political correctness, you say putting a gay or trans character in a game is pushing an agenda, wouldn't you say having only cismen play the role of PC (every once in awhile a female barely clothed sexbomb) is also pushing one? I'm not advocating banning all male main characters or something, but adding a gay option, choosing a gender other than male or female like Cyberpunk, that stuff. Why not? You can still play as Jack "Ripped" Smith who smokes cigars and kicks commies' butts all you want, but it attracts new people to the world of gaming. Why stop there, hell, why even gatekeep?  Why not let people who only want to play FIFA 11- erm, FIFA 21 do their thing if that's the game they like? Does the existence of FIFA and Madden and NBA 2K, as awful as their tactics are, physically hurt you or something? 

You lost me on "with only everyone interested because of the sex scenes"

If you think that's why so many people were interested in that game, then you are completely delusional. 

Edited by MarcusPunisher

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

They handled cartridges poorly, since Nintendo was the last company to still have them when Sony and Microsoft saw more potential with games stored on discs. N64 games were not cheap in the slightest, which prompted me to rent a good majority of them from an old video rental store back in the day, now long gone and a faded memory.

I have many fond memories of that time when I played Nintendo, even 20 years later.

What’s crazy is that I still like the n64, it was the first gaming console I could consider my own as the sega genesis was a hand-me-down. Playing Super Mario 64 for the first time were some of the best gaming memories growing up. Plus I had loads of fun playing WCW vs nWo World Tour lol
Still, the system is lacking when it come to certain genres such as fighting, jrpgs, and strategy games. Plus the third party games they did get lacked content that the ps1 versions usually had. It’s a decent system, but only if you like nintendo, rareware, and wrestling games.

8 minutes ago, xHydroBoltx said:

What’s crazy is that I still like the n64, it was the first gaming console I could consider my own as the sega genesis was a hand-me-down. Playing Super Mario 64 for the first time were some of the best gaming memories growing up. Plus I had loads of fun playing WCW vs nWo World Tour lol
Still, the system is lacking when it come to certain genres such as fighting, jrpgs, and strategy games. Plus the third party games they did get lacked content that the ps1 versions usually had. It’s a decent system, but only if you like nintendo, rareware, and wrestling games.

Oh believe me I played the shit out of Super Mario 64. Same with Goldeneye 007 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Super Nintendo had Capcom, Square and Konami on their side. However they all jumped ship to PS1 after Nintendo's decision to stick with cartridges. Capcom, Square and Konami all had games that required more processing power, discs carried a lot more data than a cartridge. Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid all had good success on the PS1.

Nintendo had their exclusives.... and Rare, whom would eventually become Microsoft property. Would like to play some of those games again purely for nostalgia.

Super Meat Boy is an overrated plat and in reality is like a 7-8 out of 10 in difficulty.

5 hours ago, insane2201 said:

Switch Port beggers for Persona 5/Royal are annoying.

That's not an unpopular opinion, that's a fact 😂

Artifex Mundi games (The Hidden Object Games) are fun, and usually always has an interesting story (for me at least)

SquareEnix went down hill sharply after FFX, where they bent over the combat system in every SP game and gave it a good buggering. FF games have and should always have turn based combat.

Star Ocean which is also Square, have always employed a combat system where you control 1 character and the rest do as you program them too. Which was fine, as it was a different franchise.

Having FF with real time combat, is like if Capcom turned DMC's comabt into turn based, its just wrong. So FFVII remake, even though it does look incredibly gorgeous, to me its shit as they messed with the combat. (steps off of soap box)

IMO Blur has been the best racing game for a long time now, not really counting the more realistic 'sim' racers. Enjoyable and some time challenging SP, with a solid MP which included an arena type mode. 

CoD is overrated, as a new release is spawned every year.

Adding to this, WWI / WWII shooters are over done, bring back more sci-fi. Battlefield 2142 remains my favourite in the whole BF / CoD series, titan mode was all kinds of fun. Shame it lagged the server when the commander moved them haha

Physical > Digital 

Edited by TheBritishBaron
Grammer

On 23/10/2020 at 2:13 AM, Alderriz said:

I've never heard anyone say that before, actually. 1f914.png I thought everyone agreed that Activision games were inferior.

Several friends of mine are Crash fans like me and think so, that Crash TwinSanity is the best Crash game. But still, several people think it is a good game anyway, but I just don't like it, at all. Ever since I was a kid, I always considered TwinSanity a bad game, the worst in the franchise.

By the way, another unpopular opinion: while it is without a doubt a great game, Uncharted 4 is nowhere as near as being a masterpiece, or a 10/10 game, it has several flaws. For me it isn't even the best Uncharted game, I consider 2 and 3 way better.

4 hours ago, TheBritishBaron said:

SquareEnix went down hill sharply after FFX, where they bent over the combat system in every SP game and gave it a good buggering. FF games have and should always have turn based combat.

Star Ocean which is also Square, have always employed a combat system where you control 1 character and the rest do as you program them too. Which was fine, as it was a different franchise.

Having FF with real time combat, is like if Capcom turned DMC's comabt into turn based, its just wrong. So FFVII remake, even though it does look incredibly gorgeous, to me its shit as they messed with the combat. (steps off of soap box)

Agree. The old FF games had an air of mystique and excitement contained within them. 

I don’t know if you played Chrono Trigger and the Phantasy Star games before, but they were the pinnacle of turn based JRPGs. I would absolutely shit the bed if Final Fantasy 6 (which was Final Fantasy III in some regions) and Chrono Trigger rereleased with trophies. 

FFX was awesome back in the day, and was probably the most “functional” 3-D FF game. What Square Enix turned into in recent years is a joke.

At least there’s stuff like Cosmic Star Heroine, which I want to get my hands on. 

CoD is overrated, as a new release is spawned every year.

Not an unpopular opinion, because every other long time CoD veteran agrees with this. 

Adding to this, WWI / WWII shooters are over done, bring back more sci-fi. Battlefield 2142 remains my favourite in the whole BF / CoD series, titan mode was all kinds of fun. Shame it lagged the server when the commander moved them haha

CoD was still the same ass story and same ass styles when they went Sci-FI with CoD: Infinite Warfare. In my opinion, CoD needs to stick with the Modern Warfare line of games. Not drawing on historical events like WW2, nor drawing on Star Wars ship battles and storm trooper esque combat. 

On 23/10/2020 at 11:38 AM, HelixNebula_x said:
  • Now this is the real one that might get people on here riled: Ratalaika (Insert any other easy trophy game publisher here) aren't really that bad. Seriously check my trophy list I've played a fair amount of these as well as Vita stacks. Yeah they 'dilute' platinums, I guess, if you're really that bothered, but if people want to play them and enjoy watching their trophy/plat count go up, then leave them to it. Too many trophy elitists hurling insults at people playing what they want to play. Life's too short man, get all the plats 🙃

I agree. I mean, there isn't "one way" of Trophy Hunting, so if somebody keeps getting easy platinums and stacks them, but somehow has fun doing it and playing games that way, well... This is not a problem for me. If instead they do that despite being burned out but keep anyway, then yeah, they should just stop and find again the fun of playing videogames.

Other unpopular opinions: 

-Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is better than 3.

-Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is a criminally underrated game.

-WWE 2K15 is a great game.

-GM Mode from SmackDown vs Raw games was stupid.

I thought of some more

Gen 7 is the WORST Pokemon gen. Trials are boring, none of the pokemon 'stood out' (the starter lines were pretty much the only good ones), Team Skull are incompetent morons and not threatening at all, and it was just... bad. Gyms infinitely better. It's only redeeming factor was the story. Which was practically removed from US/UM.

The Digimon video game franchise has better overall games than the Pokemon video game franchise.

If you hate a video game so god damn much... STOP BEING A GOD DAMN ASSHOLE AND SEEMINGLY SPENDING YOUR WHOLE GOD DAMN EXISTENCE TRYING TO RUIN THE EXPERIENCE FOR OTHERS WHO ACTUALLY ARE ENJOYING IT OR LIKE IT. Because I'm not the dumbass in this scenario. You are.

9 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I thought of some more

Gen 7 is the WORST Pokemon gen. Trials are boring, none of the pokemon 'stood out' (the starter lines were pretty much the only good ones), Team Skull are incompetent morons and not threatening at all, and it was just... bad. Gyms infinitely better. It's only redeeming factor was the story. Which was practically removed from US/UM.

The Digimon video game franchise has better overall games than the Pokemon video game franchise.

If you hate a video game so god damn much... STOP BEING A GOD DAMN ASSHOLE AND SEEMINGLY SPENDING YOUR WHOLE GOD DAMN EXISTENCE TRYING TO RUIN THE EXPERIENCE FOR OTHERS WHO ACTUALLY ARE ENJOYING IT OR LIKE IT. Because I'm not the dumbass in this scenario. You are.

golisopod, wishiwashi, rowlet, primarina, vikavolt, salazzle all stood out, I would say so far gen 6 or 8 have been the worst

Ghost of Tsushima is a horribly overrated game for no good reason. The gameplay is boring, the side quests go on too long, the overworld is drab and it just copies every lame collect-a-thon from every other game of its type and they went way too overboard with it. Navigating the world is a chore, you need to keep swiping on the touch pad, which, it’s 2020, who TF uses that anymore besides pause menus and the wind is hard to see. 

It came out at a good time because everyone was mad at TLoU2. The only good thing about the game is the story, which is indeed very good, it made me tear up a few times, especially hearing the main two VAs. The mouths not matching the Japanese voices was a bit off putting, though.

I only plat’d it because I didn’t want to be beaten and I’m annoyed that the game has more trophies because I never wanted to touch it again. I’m glad I didn’t sell it though. I can play it with my friends, that is the real trophy. 

10 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

golisopod, wishiwashi, rowlet, primarina, vikavolt, salazzle all stood out, I would say so far gen 6 or 8 have been the worst

Yeah for real, the Trials felt unique to Alola, Gen 6 is pretty bland. It gets points for feeling like a 2D game in 3D but it’s the only game I haven’t really put any effort into finishing. And I’ve played all the others more than once, with a living Dex in USUM and Sword.

9 minutes ago, Lianco said:

Ghost of Tsushima is a horribly overrated game for no good reason. The gameplay is boring, the side quests go on too long, the overworld is drab and it just copies every lame collect-a-thon from every other game of its type and they went way too overboard with it. Navigating the world is a chore, you need to keep swiping on the touch pad, which, it’s 2020, who TF uses that anymore besides pause menus and the wind is hard to see. 

It came out at a good time because everyone was mad at TLoU2. The only good thing about the game is the story, which is indeed very good, it made me tear up a few times, especially hearing the main two VAs. The mouths not matching the Japanese voices was a bit off putting, though.

I only plat’d it because I didn’t want to be beaten and I’m annoyed that the game has more trophies because I never wanted to touch it again. I’m glad I didn’t sell it though. I can play it with my friends, that is the real trophy. 

Yeah for real, the Trials felt unique to Alola, Gen 6 is pretty bland. It gets points for feeling like a 2D game in 3D but it’s the only game I haven’t really put any effort into finishing. And I’ve played all the others more than once, with a living Dex in USUM and Sword.

yup same

15 hours ago, Spaz said:

They're lenient on western games and media showing sex, but damn if they ever allow some titties and boobs in an anime game go uncensored.

I feel they are skewed because their headquarters is in California now, not Japan.

They're lenient on western games because western games have some measure of quality control and when they display sex, it's in an appropriate context - e.g. with the people involved consenting. Meanwhile, on the Japanese end of the spectrum, you have games where you... grope seemingly underage girls while they sleep, or strip actual underaged girls to their underwear and read fanmail saying how hot they are. The niche that is the people who are actually willing to pay for shit like that is too small to justify the PR nightmare that would be those games being allowed on their consoles. But, sure. It's definitely because they moved their headquarters to California.

The last few years of Sony exclusives are boring, cookie cutter, formulaic, and follow the formula Ubisoft made popular. Mostly open world graphical vistas, with a shit load of boring collectibles, uninspired side quests, a story involving a great conflict with much infused drama, rather predictable enemies, and political agendas thrown in. 

The early PS4 era of exclusives (2013 - 2015/2016) was far better with a much better variety of Sony titles that tried to be different. 

The Order: 1886 was a good game.

Until Dawn is the most ‘cinematic’ PS4 exclusive. 

Killzone: Shadowfall and Knack are worth playing. 

Since 2017, Sony exclusives have mostly had Sony fanboys clinging to them, despite the exclusives not doing anything innovative or groundbreaking in regards to what they were setting to do. 

Marvel’s Spider-Man was made more popular by the fact it was Stan Lee’s last piece of work (cameo appearance) before he passed away. 

God of War 2018 was weak gameplay wise. The story is the only true strong point. It can’t compare to the old games. But as a game, it is simply boring. 

Horizon Zero Dawn, graphical vista through and through. People who bought a PS4 Pro mostly for this game made a stupid decision. 

Detroit: Become Human is the more interesting and intriguing of the PS4 exclusives in the past few years. It deserved far more attention and credit than it did. 

Ghost of Tsushima is, like the person above me stated, loved mostly because it became popular to hate on The Last of Us Part II. Once you take away the story and the theme/setting, it is simply yet another boring, cookie cutter, formulaic open world fetch quest. Seems nobody can replicate the open world greatness of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. 

Bloodborne is still the most atmospheric, amazing, blood pumping, gameplay driven PS4 exclusive out of every other exclusive, no matter how many people out there tell me otherwise. 

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End marked the beginning of the decline of good PS4 exclusives worth playing, for reasons I stated above. 

2014 - 2015 were Sony’s most innovative and creative years in the PS4 era, when they cared a little more for their audience. 

The past couple years have revealed Sony’s arrogance, and unless they change their ways, the early PS5 generation will not be too kind to them. 

There. I said it. You are free to throw dung and stab your pitchforks at me.

Watch Dogs is a better game ij my opinion than WD2

GTA IV+EFLC is better than V

Red Dead Redemption+Undead Nightmare is better than Red Dead Redemption 2

Uncharted 4 in comparison to Trilogy of UNC just doesn't feel like UNC anymore to me.

San Andreas in my opinion is really boring and overrated there is too much missions in this game and story is just not interesting for me not like IV, VC or VCS those had great stories.

Prince Of Persia Sands Of Time is better than Warrior Within (But gotta say WW soundtrack is great!)

5 minutes ago, J23Krystian said:

Red Dead Redemption+Undead Nightmare is better than Red Dead Redemption 2

RDR was the last truly great game Rockstar made, before they became greedy and selfish. 

6 minutes ago, J23Krystian said:

Uncharted 4 in comparison to Trilogy of UNC just doesn't feel like UNC anymore to me.

Agree. Too much story, not enough action.

7 minutes ago, J23Krystian said:

San Andreas in my opinion is really boring and overrated there is too much missions in this game and story is just not interesting for me not like IV, VC or VCS those had great stories.

Tommy Vercetti was GTA’s most memorable and best protagonist. Voiced by Ray Liotta, who did excellent work in The Goodfellas and other films. 

Carl Johnson in contrast was whiny, moody, immature and selfish. Voiced by an unknown rapper, whom I don’t think anybody gives a fuck about.

1 hour ago, Lianco said:

Ghost of Tsushima is a good game, I honestly liked it more than I thought I would, but I do feel some of the praise it’s getting is a knee-jerked response to TLOU2. The first thing everyone was saying was how high the user score was for Ghost when compared to TLOU2 despite the latter being reviewed bombed by assholes and has ten times the amount of users giving it a score lol. They were also saying shit like “revenge is wrong, guys” and “if ND made the game they would show a flashback and make you play as the Mongols”. People were so happy to play a game that doesn’t question their bias. As for the game itself, it’s good, but not amazing. The AI is an absolute joke, the frame rate drop constantly on base consoles, and a decent amount of the missions is just you following footprints. Having said that I really do enjoy the story, the English VA, the beautiful music, the amazing environments, the character customization, Jin’s moveset, and the unique navigation system. 

Edited by xHydroBoltx

15 minutes ago, xHydroBoltx said:

the frame rate drop constantly on base consoles

So it drops even on a PS4 Slim?

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

So it drops even on a PS4 Slim?

Yes, that’s the console I played the game on. The frame rate dropped below 30 a decent amount, even out of combat.

Journey is a sort of optical illusion that tricks you into thinking it's full of emotion and meaning. If the trick works on you, you think it's amazing, and I don't begrudge you that enjoyment. But it's the video-game equivalent of a Magic Eye book, not Moby Dick.

Soulsborne is obnoxious, anti-game-design. Learning by dying is lazy and empty. Good games teach you and give you a chance to succeed the first time, not after hours of memorization. It's also annoying that a generation decided packing all the lore into item descriptions is just super cool.

Sony's censorship doesn't really matter to me. I'm certainly against it; I just don't care enough to join some angry screaming social movement about censor steam in anime games. I'm not going to spiral into rage over this; I'm sorry.

Battle royales were never actually a plague upon gaming. They were a fad/meme, but those are things that happen when you have positive innovations.

Uncharted 4 is a shaggy dog story. If the writers had any courage, we would have either broken up with Elaina, fought Sam at the end, or fought Nadine at the end.

- I don't think Ubisoft's as bad as people make it out to be. Is this because I'm biased towards Assassin's Creed? Maybe, and in fact, I'd say probably. And I recognize they do have some bad attitudes, but I still think they don't deserve the amount of flak they get.

- I thought RE5 and 6 were actually quite fun games. Maybe not RE games, but fun nonetheless.

- I never understood the amount of importance people give to graphics in games. Like, sure, it's cool and all, but I still think the gameplay should be the most important aspect - it's a game after all.

- Don't really think this is an unpopular opinion because the fanbase's quite divided, but I still think GTA IV is better than V (even though I still think of it as a great game, except for Online).

Notice I use "I" a lot. It's to really drive home the fact that those are all my own opinions, because, in truth, one of the things I hate the most is the "I (dis)like this, so you should (dis)like this too" mentality that unfortunately is prominent in these kinds of threads. Oh, well.

Knack is garbage, fall guys was a failure, street fighter sucks,The last of us 2 is a good game,Nickelodeon kart racers is the best racing game and every sports games are waste of money.

Edited by THEULTRAMEMELORD

The Witcher 3

Batman Arkham City and Knight

GTA IV

Red Dead Redemption

Persona 5

Are all overrated games. The Witcher 3 being the worst of the bunch. Fell asleep several times playing. Literally... I'm not exaggerating lol.

The only 1 good thing that came out of all those games is Persona 5 soundtrack.

:)