PSN Profiles: Please display PS5 games as rectangles

Im not fussed at all tbh, although I do like the square tiles for what it's worth, but if it was possible outside of PSNP+ maybe a colour matched gradient fill on PS4 tiles could be implemented to fill out the background making the tiles square?

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Just FYI: PSNP+ now has this feature implemented. When enabled in the settings, the PS5 square images are resized to fit the rectangle PS4 image size.

vf5GUIK.png

I noticed that while browsing the most recently played games, Ps5 games still have the big square box. Can this be fixed? Thank you for your work, though!

1 minute ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I noticed that while browsing the most recently played games, Ps5 games still have the big square box. Can this be fixed? Thank you for your work, though!

All PSNP+ related question should be asked in the PSNP+ thread. I will answer there. ?

• Like 4

19 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I can't wait until the PS6 uses circles.

If anything, the squares should stay, and the rectangles should be fit into squares instead, since eventually the squares will outnumber the rectangles naturally.

I can't see that happening especially considering the rectangles are used on 3 separate systems.

Edited by Martain2

27 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I can't see that happening especially considering the rectangles are used on 3 separate systems.

Right, but if we assume the squares will be the default shape going forward (including for all future systems as well) then the rectangles will eventually be in the minority of systems. Considering there's a lot more indie titles these days, it won't take long. I predict by the end of PS6's lifespan, the squares and the rectangles will be about even, if not before. 

Edit : I'm half kidding about the circles, but it would be interesting if they used each shape of the controller buttons. So we can get O's , △'s, and X's for the next 3 consoles.

Edited by B1rvine

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2020 at 7:05 PM, BlindMango said:

Sly mentioned to us he was looking into either using square images for all games using the images from the PlayStation Store, or switching to rectangular images for the PS5 games like all the other games use, but it may take a little while before he figures out which and puts it in place

@BlindMango @Sly Ripper any news?

On 11/8/2020 at 6:12 PM, woggly4 said:

They seem to use completely different images. See AC Valhalla as an example. Only they might know where they get that from if Sly is just displaying what the API provides.

Yo23wsW.png j4UbhS0.png 

Something like this would be great

11 hours ago, zGaete- said:

@BlindMango @Sly Ripper any news?

Something like this would be great

This is something @Sly Ripper would have to implement. I'm in agreement that I'd want them all to either be one or the other rather than all mismatched like they are now. I am okay with the images being square on the trophy list page itself though, I think those look quite nice - just not square on the games page list or profile pages

I think Exophase manually applies the images from other console versions (like the AC Valhalla image you shared) and when they don't it just appears to just stretch the square images wide. Sly could probably set it up in a way to where if we link multiple platform lists together it could just auto-apply the rectangle image from the PS4 list to the PS5 list, otherwise it would be stretched or we could manually apply an image for the PS5 games too :hmm: 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:59 PM, BlindMango said:

This is something @Sly Ripper would have to implement. I'm in agreement that I'd want them all to either be one or the other rather than all mismatched like they are now. I am okay with the images being square on the trophy list page itself though, I think those look quite nice - just not square on the games page list or profile pages

I think Exophase manually applies the images from other console versions (like the AC Valhalla image you shared) and when they don't it just appears to just stretch the square images wide. Sly could probably set it up in a way to where if we link multiple platform lists together it could just auto-apply the rectangle image from the PS4 list to the PS5 list, otherwise it would be stretched or we could manually apply an image for the PS5 games too :hmm: 

Yeah, the problem is that they are different and not square or rectangles.
The idea of picking the ps store images? 
"just not square on the games page list or profile pages" agree, and in trophies rarities as well, the square images are much bigger than the trophies images
ty for reply

43 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

I like the squares, it's great to immediately see the difference between a PS5 and PS4 game. I hope you keep it that way!

lol. So let's hope to see some circles and triangles in the next few generations ?

At least you see some advantage in knowing if the game is ps4 or ps5. it doesn't matter to me 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

@AJ_Radio It is very disheartening. A lot of members here care deeply for and about the site and to see it not be cared for by the owner is terrible. He could easily collaborate or give the access to someone who would make changes but maybe get his approval first. 

I first realized how downhill it’s gone when I was telling a friend about the Premium Membership... he said he doesn’t want to support a site that isn’t updated and I can’t blame him.

Trophy rarities and owners are way off since the site doesn’t automatically update profiles anymore. Bleh, I bet there’s more too I don’t know of

this site is being shaped by the wind

• 5 months later...

ok my post moved into this one....seems im not the one that thinks its a dumb idea a special display mode for ps5...

anyway, if the site owner dont care about it, why simply dont sell it someone who will care?? if i had some website developing skills ill be happy to buy it. unfortunately i hate programming...

Edited by XpanderFX

On 13/11/2021 at 3:08 AM, XpanderFX said:

anyway, if the site owner dont care about it, why simply dont sell it someone who will care?? if i had some website developing skills ill be happy to buy it. unfortunately i hate programming...

Do you know someone that has a couple of million?

I agree with a lot of people mentioning the lack of updates regarding this website. @Sly Ripper shouldn't sell the website, he should invest some time in finding some trustworthy and experienced developers who are happy to work on this website for free. The hours @HusKy is putting in his updates are awesome, innovative and ofcourse appreciated. Unfortunately these updates are only client-side and improvements to the user experience. Which is all he can do due to not having access to the back-end. I am a developer for a living and I would love to work on a project like this for free, where both of my interest combine (programming and gaming).

That being said, there is a lot of 'we have to keep the API we are using private' stigma. So it's understandable that Sly is hesitant sharing his back-end with others.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl
  • Like 1