Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

I find it funny how people would attack a game cause its easy but yet people are being told off if a game is too hard like "git gud". Fact is noone cares if you have an easy list or hard list or how high you are in the scoreboard (never was interested in the scoreboard even before easy games arrive). I remember a couple of people who are defending hard games say things like to play other games if its too hard but in the end they did but now there getting shamed. The point is if they enjoy collecting or just want another easy plat for relaxation from a hard game go for it no need to shame games or anyone from this.

Edited by maurjen

1 hour ago, Bezenko said:

Ever since these type of games started releasing in huge numbers. I’ve just started completely ignoring the main leaderboard and I’m completely ignoring all these games. Not worth my money, not worth my time. Not even 1 dollar and 10 minutes or whatever it is. I’m ignoring plat-count/trophy-count when looking at profiles as it simply means nothing anymore and if I’m looking at a profile filled with these titles, I simply back out. Not interesting. I just go on playing proper games like I always have and support the devs that deserves support.

Ruined the value? Yes. Does it really matter or bother me? No.

Probably the best comment I’ve read on this entire thread. 

At the end of the day, the only person who cares about your stats is you. 

The value means nothing now. If there were good standards in place, HITMAN and HITMAN 2 both deserved a platinum, instead you get a 100 percent title for both that comes with a lot of DLC. 

Hakoom and Roughdawg4 can get as many trophies as they want. Doesn’t bother me considering the leaderboards were a joke long before Ratalaika started releasing their games en masse. 

I feel much happier and satisfied by playing games that are worth playing. Even though I have a lot of easy games myself, I wasn’t happy with a number of them. Therefore I decided to quit doing them.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 4

I'd go off on a limb and say some people like myself don't give two filps about leaderboards, since platinuming games is just a personal hobby with no real life reward other than personal satisfaction and bragging rights. So playing my name is mayo both for added trophy count as well as the hilariousness of it is enough for individuals like myself. But for people who take leaderboards seriously, of which personally I don't understand unless there is some monetary value in it, I can see how this could grind their gears. I'd also go as far as to say for people like myself, we mostly have access to this site because of the convenience it gives with various guides and syncing for trophy tracking. So leaderboards could also be something we couldn't care less for. But I am just one gamer out of thousands lol what do I know. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, technole said:

"Value of platinums". That's a joke right They haven't been worth anything since 2008.

Randy Pitchford of Gearbox was right on the money when he explained their trophy philosophy in Borderlands 1. There is a sales incentive to not be too difficult with the list.

I don't remember Randy saying anything like that, but if he did, he must have lied, TPS and the Borderlands  1 DLCs weren't exactly a walk in the park, not at all.

18 minutes ago, PunishingFist47 said:

I'd go off on a limb and say some people like myself don't give two filps about leaderboards, since platinuming games is just a personal hobby with no real life reward other than personal satisfaction and bragging rights. So playing my name is mayo both for added trophy count as well as the hilariousness of it is enough for individuals like myself. But for people who take leaderboards seriously, of which personally I don't understand unless there is some monetary value in it, I can see how this could grind their gears. I'd also go as far as to say for people like myself, we mostly have access to this site because of the convenience it gives with various guides and syncing for trophy tracking. So leaderboards could also be something we couldn't care less for. But I am just one gamer out of thousands lol what do I know. 

well said.

how many active people on this site? 80k. How many people own a PS4? around 112 million. yeah majority of the people could give two shits our have no clue or even don't care about this site. Honestly if you're serious about being on the leaderboard and get triggered because of these easy games you really need to straighten out your priorities. At the end of the day nobody is gonna care about your profile but you. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

...Except for some incredibly judgmental players who disagree with your opinion, but thankfully, they’re rare, and this thought is mostly true.

They already see me as a whiny asshole on these forums, so I basically have to deal with it. 

23 minutes ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

well said.

how many active people on this site? 80k. How many people own a PS4? around 112 million. yeah majority of the people could give two shits our have no clue or even don't care about this site. 

No way are there 80,000 active people on this website. 

Most tracked accounts on PSNP aren’t trophy hunting accounts at all. Then you have to consider that there are roughly 50,000 - 100,000 accounts that get updated somewhat regularly. 95 - 99 percent of those people barely ever go to PSNP, and percentage wise none of them have Premium accounts, which gives you more privileges for paying money out of your pocket. 

Also, there are many trophy hunters who don’t have a tracked account on this website. People who joined up on these forums and made up a few posts represent an even smaller percentage. The completionists and hardcore trophy hunters? An even smaller percentage. 

So roughly, you’re speaking to roughly less than 1 percent of people who trophy hunt and post here occasionally on this website. Over 99 percent of those 112 million who bought a PS4 don’t even have as little as 100 - 200 trophies on their account, let alone 500 - 1000. Most people will never see 100 - 200 trophies in their lifetime. They probably buy the latest Madden and Assassins Creed, play the story, then do other hobbies in life. 

I have spent thousands on games. Most people will never spend as much as me in gaming in their lifetime. So in a sense, I’m sort of grateful that we are above and beyond what the average gamer is. 

But this constant volleying, arguing over our differences in viewing trophies, treating the hobby with political like opinions, gatekeeping, seeing games as having no value in terms of trophy value..... all pathetic and stupid. In an age where anybody can get offended by anything, it’s amazing how many times I’ve gone on the defensive because a difference of opinion would turn into a personal attack. 

I see the trophy hunting community in the same light as the speed running community. Both are niche, both only have a select few participants, both are catered to specific individuals. The difference is they play games in a different fashion. 

• Like 2

On 19.11.2020 at 2:04 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Having read through this thread today, and because of my point of view on these type of games, I’ve learned that apparently I’m a triggered gatekeeping elitist.

It’s not every day that you learn that you are that awesome. I’ll sleep well tonight. Thanks everyone ✌?.

Exactly! Since when does this community hate themselves so much or better asked why are so many people of this community shit on this hobby now like they wouldn't care?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

Exactly! Since when does this community hate themselves so much or better asked why are so many people of this community shit on this hobby now like they wouldn't care?

The point I wanted to make was whenever threads like this come along it doesn’t take long before the name calling starts. 

You can make a bingo card and have a few names and sentences like: Elitist, Gatekeeping, Triggered, EZPZ Whore, Play For Fun, Toxic Community, and more shit like that on them and you have a bingo within a few posts. 

Like wtf is a gatekeeping elitist!? ?

It is pathetic.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, HelixNebula_x said:

I'm so glad I don't take trophy hunting half as seriously as some of the people on this site. Some people like difficulty, some people like watching the numbers go up. Most people, myself included, tend to sit somewhere in the middle.

No problem with any games like this, play what you what, fuck the moaners.

P.S. Already downloaded this when it went live last night but was waiting for the trophy list to go live. Going to enjoy blasting this out tonight.

I only got into Platinum trophy hunting during the pandemic and I agree with falling in the middle. I love my more hard earned Platinum trophies like Persona 5 and Dragon Age Origins but its nice to get a quick boost in rank

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 6:51 PM, elvisfan1 said:

My Name Is Mayo isn't a puzzler.

My name is Mayo is a fun story what's your point?

Because if you enjoy something it's valid and if you don't it's not?

This is a stupid argument mate. Hitman GO would exist with or without platinums. My name is mayo is made specificly for cash grabbing into the wallets of trophy whores. Nothing more, nothing less. People saying "I woulda bought it anyways cuz its a fun story" are lying to themselves. Pressing a button over and over has nothing to do with being a game with any sort of purpose. 

21 hours ago, maurjen said:

I find it funny how people would attack a game cause its easy but yet people are being told off if a game is too hard like "git gud". Fact is noone cares if you have an easy list or hard list or how high you are in the scoreboard (never was interested in the scoreboard even before easy games arrive). I remember a couple of people who are defending hard games say things like to play other games if its too hard but in the end they did but now there getting shamed. The point is if they enjoy collecting or just want another easy plat for relaxation from a hard game go for it no need to shame games or anyone from this.

Not exactly true. Loads of people on this site gives a shit about peoples list. Many people "follow" the profiles of high skilled trophy hunters, to get inspiration. Loads of people value "a good list". If we boil it down, the people actively using PSNprofiles are peers, just like any other field(except trophy hunting obviously isnt, and shouldnt be taken as, a job).

• Like 4

SHUT UP ALL OF YOU MY NAME IS MAYO IS THE BEST GAME EVER AND IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE I WILL MAKE YOU EAT A WHOLE JAR OF MAYONAISE WHILE STRAPPED TO A CHAIR WITH YOUR HANDS DISMEMBERED WHILE YOU WEAR A BIKINI HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...seriously it is impressive how long this thread is going. It actually is very interesting to read. Granted I'm only adding to it by making a post within the thread but still. Can we all just collectively agree that we all have different opinions about whether or not mayo is a good condiment and move on? We should all be playing both versions of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor right now before the servers close, but instead we are complaining about mayo.

1L0f2b9f.png1Lfc7cba.png

Mayo forever

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

We should all be playing both versions of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor right now before the servers close, but instead we are complaining about mayo.

Not to further derail this thread (god forbid, not that staying on topic would change anything) i have already done my trophies for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor and even if there are people left who need them, there is a different thread for it.

2 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

This is a stupid argument mate. Hitman GO would exist with or without platinums. My name is mayo is made specificly for cash grabbing into the wallets of trophy whores. Nothing more, nothing less. People saying "I woulda bought it anyways cuz its a fun story" are lying to themselves. Pressing a button over and over has nothing to do with being a game with any sort of purpose. 

Not exactly true. Loads of people on this site gives a shit about peoples list. Many people "follow" the profiles of high skilled trophy hunters, to get inspiration. Loads of people value "a good list". If we boil it down, the people actively using PSNprofiles are peers, just like any other field(except trophy hunting obviously isnt, and shouldnt be taken as, a job).

My name is mayo objectively isn't doing that, if it would then why:

1. Aren't there more stacks? (could have been easily atleast 6 look at ratgames)

2. Isn't the price higher? (I mean, it could be 4 euro's to be more in range with rat games)

3. Are they actually putting in effort (compared to an asset flip like Road bustle)

Also this game came out on steam before it hit playstation and the reviews says enough that it has a meme status.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/434260/My_Name_is_Mayo/

Obviously they can capitalize on that meme status. The trailer hitted like a bus in that sense. (but business wise I would have done that a little bit sooner).

The achievements are the same btw, I see the decision to make it a plat so that it has all the trophies sill in place. (evoland for example did the same).

---

I'm all in talking about the devaluation of the trophy system and the uprise of companies (ratgames) that capitalize on trophy whores with cheap ass list and multiple stack because they know it works.

Though the hate (if ironic or not) on this game specifically always felt misplaced.

So I consider myself a mayo bro now as well :)

1L0f2b9f.png1Lfc7cba.png

Team mayo :highfive:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IAmNotXJ9 said:

Are you for real? YOU have played easy plats as recently as October and are now acting all high and mighty.. what happened in the last month? Last week you decided you had enough and now decided to gate keep.. so hypocritical it's funny..

So because he takes part in the System he is in mean she is not aloud to critic it? I mean you could also say he tried at least before hating on something he doesnt know. Also all he says is the value is gone. i also have played some of this games because its kinda exiting the first few times but looking back at it i also feel like this games have no value to me and i kinda regret doing it. is this hypocritical now?

• Like 1