Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

7 hours ago, Plague_Dominate said:

Idk man. I buy and play games to have fun. That comes before trophies regardless. This game has no value to a non trophy hunter. Its sole purpose is to build a trophy count. People don’t see a reason to compete on a leaderboard if they are forced to play crap like this just to keep up.

Why do people always say stuff like this on here? There are so many Youtubers who post themselves playing joke/bad/low quality/kids/etc games just for the laughs. There's games like this on consoles like the Wii that don't have any form of trophies/achievements, and novelty video games existed long before trophies did. I get that there will be plenty of people on this site who do only buy the games for easy trophies, but how are people so unaware that other types of gamer exist?

• Like 1

Well I've encountered WS-43699-1 with this game. Looks like no easy plat for me.

edit: So I decided to try buying another cheap game to see if I get gypped again and not only did it let me download this one (Hoggy2) but it fixed the download for My Name is Mayo 2 and finally added it to my library. Be careful folks. This does not fill me full of confidence for buying PS5 games.

Edited by Sn1per666999

I call bullshit to everyone saying trophies have no value, are worthless and don't mean anything!

Firstly: Why are you even on this site and put your trophy card in your signature?

Secondly: Like you wouldn't be sad and/or pissed if all of your trophies would vanish due to a bug or something like that. Even if that's just 500 platinums of crap games.

I go even further, everyone who states that was always excluded in the beginning cause games were too hard and is now mad that people call out their shovelware platinums.

• Like 2

I agree that there is no real value to plats, trophy hunting, or anything of the sort. I would just add that the reason some feel frustrated is that trophies are designed to look like something you should be proud of achieving. I mean, they are literally trophies lol. Sony pushes the issue pretty hard in terms of showing you rarity, having a "level" system, and so on. They send you emails congratulating you when you platinum certain AAA games. So on the one hand they encourage you to think that platinums are rare and worth competing for, but on the other they allow just about anything on PSN. There is a certain level of cognitive dissonance when you get a Platinum for a long grindy game like AC: Valhalla, but then get an equally-weighted (according to the points system) platinum in something like Mayo. It's not worth getting frustrated over, but perhaps worth bringing in to the discussion. 

So the issue in my mind is not so much that Mayo games have easy plats, but rather that the whole trophy system wears a veneer of being accomplishment based, when it isn't. 

why does it matter so much to you? if someone wants to purchase it for the cheap price it is and get the platinum for it, more power to them it's their time and money and they can spend it how they feel like. this is coming from someone who started a new account because of being sick of spamming easy platinums and caring too much about trophies but if other people wanna still buy them and continue doing that it's fine by me and it should be the same for you, doesn't affect your life in any sort of way at the end of the day it's just virtual trophies

• Like 1

There's really no argument against these kind of games. The "competition" factor is not a thing, if you really actually care about that, since everyone has the same access to the game.

The alternative is Sony policing, what, the quality of all trophies? Having them determine what is good enough or difficult enough or whatever subjective criteria someone can come up with? That's just silly.

To the contrary I personally believe this game is a worth more than 99 cents and I quite enjoyed the first game. It's clever and funny. Never thought I'd be entertained while pressing on a jar of mayonnaise for a 1000 times yet again. If your gonna complain and bitch then go to games that are actually really bad and cheap and easy to platinum. Don't come here and shit on a game that became a success. I came for the platinum and instead went home with enjoyment. So your opinion is invalid here mister.

• Like 2

Trophies are as objectively pointless as this popular argument. PlayStation trophies will never physically grow to be anything more than an ego boost, just like people can’t be in agreement that trophies can be a mental reward for completing a challenge, even if it was done with your thumbs. Now can we please stop arguing about this subject and just enjoy video games and the trophies that they offer?

9 hours ago, elvisfan1 said:

Let me ask this: I've platinumed No Man's Sky. If I load it on my PS5 it's a guaranteed platinum as it will autopop. 

Is that better or worse than buying and enjoying this game?

Autopop by loading a game or enjoying a 30 minute game?

Interested to see what the opinion is on this.

With the 30 minute game at least you put in some minimal effort.

I think that everyone has a different opinion on trophies, some people love completing hard games, some people love boosting trophy levels with easy games, some people enjoy playing only AAA games, some people stack games, some people dont hunt trophies at all because they think it is waste of time, everyone have different style and opinion. But we should all focus on enjoying in it, i personally dont care if someone chose to pay for games that have 1-2 hour platinum, it is  their path they chose and they have right to do it. When you enjoy and dont bother what others are doing then threads like this wouldnt exist, after all trophy hunting is a enjoying  hobby  not a job you do for living.

• Like 3

My opinion on this is that everyone is right, and everyone is wrong at the same time. And its just that, an opinion. Enjoyment and value are subjective. I understand that there's leaderboards on here and there's a competitive spirit to the trophy hunting experience, but at the end of the day, we all have different ways to enjoy yourself and play. I personally don't mind a few easy, chill platinums after playing some bigger games or if I'm burnt out on a grindy one then I'll play one as a way to bounce back from getting burnt out. I don't judge those who have 473948484 stacks of everything, and those who only have 100+ hour games. We all have different time constraints, responsibilities, interests, etc. If other people's gaming habits impact your enjoyment of your hobby, then maybe its time to reevaluate the reason why you enjoy gaming in the first place.

• Like 2