It's hard to be a PlayStation fan sometimes...

I can't really complain about Sony, they just recently offered excellent games for PS+ users in February, March and April, and with the PlayAtHome event we got 11 games for free forever including Ratchet, Astro and Horizon.

I used to be a hardcore Xbox gamer, got the first console in 2001 and was Xbox live gold for 12 years in a row but if you wanna talk about deception and disappointment, that's what i felt when MS told every single console players "now all our games will be available on PC and you will be playing your games, including FPS/TPS along with mouse and keyboard players, thank you for buying our console". Gears 4 was basically unplayable at high level. Then for 6 years, while i saw Sony and Nintendo dropping dozens and dozens of exclusive marvels, MS released more Elite controllers than actual games and since Quantum break, it was dead empty. I can't be satisfied with just Ori, Forza and a lame Gears of hordes new trilogy when they used to deliver Lost planet, Tales of vesperia, Ninja Gaiden, Blue dragon, Lost odyssey, etc. All of this made me quit MS and recently when i saw the horrible Halo presentation and the fact they gave 200M$ to the BLM nazis after the riot in Minneapollis (some of my Korean friends there got their shop looted...), i don't regret it.
As for Sony, i still have my ps3 and physical copies of the game i like, i dont mind they shut down the server. I just hope they keep providing exclusive games like they did for ps3 and ps4. And the Nintendo Switch is currently the best-selling machine despite the joycon drift issue and the overpriced Nintendo games that never go on sales, so all things considered Sony's policy is not a bid deal imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M1138147 said:

1f644.png people will bitch an whine over everything these days. the sheer negativity is a pure cancer on the mind.  

This, 100% I'm not usually this negative, but I just had to vent. Believe me, I'm tired of being constantly reminded about the store shutdown, too.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

This post is not an April Fool's joke.

I like collecting trophies on PSN. I really do. Trophy hunting has given me something to do during the pandemic, and I don't exactly plan on stopping anytime soon. That said, recently I've found that some days, it's very difficult to be a PlayStation fan.

First and foremost, I need to give my thoughts on the PS3 and Vita store shutdown. I'm not 100% outraged because we can still download previously bought games and sync trophies, but I'm still bummed out. I bought a used Vita about 18 months ago, and I've been playing on it almost every day since then. I also picked up a used PS3, but I've had a harder time getting into it (although the games are decent). I understand why Sony is shutting down the store, but they should've given more of a warning. We should have been told about this last year. I'm honestly just tied of being reminded of this constantly. I definitely think that once I'm done with my Vita backlog (which I'm trying to add games to before it's too late), my trophy hunting will slow down significantly.

Another thing that gets me is how Sony treats Japanese games. I'm not one of those "SJWs ruin everything" people, but I do think Sony moving to California was a very bad move. Personally, I could live without fanservice in games, but it seems like a lot of Japanese devs are shunning the PS4 and PS5 because of how Sony has treated them. I was hoping to get into more Japanese games, but it looks like the PS5 won't do much good in that regard. At least there's still plenty on PS4 and Vita... oh wait, the Vita store's going down! Thanks a lot. Worst case scenario, I have a Switch and I can just play Japanese games on that instead, but like I said, I like earning PSN trophies. It seems like there's still some Japanese games coming out, but not as many as there used to be.

I'd be willing to look past that, except it seems that most Western AAA devs have little to no respect for their customers. I actually got the platinum in NBA 2K20, and the grind was so bad it nearly made me resent my PS4. I'm still looking at that game because I'm helping someone else get the Ultimate Collector trophy, and both of us cannot stand this game anymore. I would rather jump off a tall building without a parachute than play NBA 2K21. I also platinumed Fall Guys, which isn't anywhere near as bad as NBA 2K (except for the Infallible trophy), but it still gives off the vibe that it was made for those obnoxious streamers that make videos of them screaming for 15 minutes. Call of Duty doesn't interest me in the slightest (except maybe MW Remastered and MW2, those games look decent), and if someone asked me to play Fortnite, I would immediately unfriend them. I'm sick to death of microtransactions. Period.

I still wouldn't mind getting a PS5, but that could very well be my last Sony console (if I can even find one, that is). I'm just going to only play games that respect me as a player from now on. No more microtransaction-heavy, streamer-focused games for me.

Really? You'd unfriend somebody for that? That's... ridiculous. I don't see why others enjoying themselves is a reason for you to distance yourself from them. Also, you'll unfriend somebody for playing a F2P (or paid in the case of STW but that got shafted by Epic). But you'll give money to 2K for an awful NBA game? Really... that seems backwards as all hell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

This, 100% I'm not usually this negative, but I just had to vent. Believe me, I'm tired of being constantly reminded about the store shutdown, too.

true. its just overwhelming by the negativity in the gaming community. i try to stay positive and optimistic for my mind and anxiaty. gaming helps a lot for that but the doom and gloom just is depresing.i just want to to game and not care over small thing.  

7 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Really? You'd unfriend somebody for that? That's... ridiculous. I don't see why others enjoying themselves is a reason for you to distance yourself from them. Also, you'll unfriend somebody for playing a F2P (or paid in the case of STW but that got shafted by Epic). But you'll give money to 2K for an awful NBA game? Really... that seems backwards as all hell.

I got NBA 2K for free on PS+.  And no, I wouldn't actually unfriend someone for playing Fortnite, I'd just refuse to play that game.

There's also the lack of "indie" support, which many people still haven't noticed. It wasn't that long ago people would mock PlayStation by referring to it as the "indiestation", but these days I've seen quite a few of these games forgo a PlayStation release. I was looking forward to many of these games, such as Kunai, Gato Roboto, and Roah, but they have yet to be ported. If these games were limited to a PC release, I would assume there is a technical and/or monetary reason for it. However, all of those games have been released on the Switch. Some games have even included a release on Xbox, such as Touhou Luna Nights. I keep seeing people beg for Hades, and they may get it eventually, but PlayStation clearly isn't a priority for the developer. It's clear that at least some of these companies could release on PlayStation, but aren't bothering to. Certainly for me, this is a problem, and there doesn't seem to be a resolution coming.

I mean, I get it. I'm a Vita lover and weeb lol, so yeah, Sony's bullshit pisses me off sometimes. 

Personally, I'm too invested in the PlayStation ecosystem to ever move on from it. Unless I just drop video games altogether- which a part of me would like to do, but I have jackshit for interests or hobbies and need some way to pass the time...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M1138147 said:

1f644.png people will bitch an whine over everything these days. the sheer negativity is a pure cancer on the mind.  

42 minutes ago, M1138147 said:

true. its just overwhelming by the negativity in the gaming community. i try to stay positive and optimistic for my mind and anxiaty. gaming helps a lot for that but the doom and gloom just is depresing.i just want to to game and not care over small thing.  

Then just don’t bother reading.

I’m sorry but the extreme sensitivity and emotions coming out of the gaming community nowadays is really getting old. I honestly wonder if many gaming hubs anymore are just secondary Twitter hangouts.

I understand the last couple years have been hard on people, myself included. But we’re avoiding the issues so much so we’re afraid to take risks. 

With how social media operates nowadays, it is next to impossible to go on it anymore without something negative popping up. That is why I personally deleted several news apps from my smartphone because I got so tired of the notification bombardments. 

But we have to face up to it. Hiding behind something to avoid negativity for long periods of time isn’t going to solve anything. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zid960 said:

Yes there are big time. Most dev aim for 1 console that will sell the game the best.

Now technically. Then make other ver off that. Sony is the most sold console rigth now. 

But Japanese dev are making it for Nintendo instead. Cuz Sony keep messing with them.

Everything a Japanese company does has to be submitted. Spoken in English and done on the American schedule. And ex censorship for no reason. Exp is Omega life. A fan serviceish Dungeon Crawl that was on the ps3. But now a few year later. Trys to put it on ps4. Had to remove all fan service and a chunk of the plotline and remake a ton of models for characters. Nintendo let it on there platform its in original form. 

So why would a Japanese make a game that will be a pain to develop. May randomly give new rules for. And the community that like Japanese games wants then uncensored.so ex censorship will bring bad PR and mostly likey lower sales? I get why they turning on them. 

So you take the very few examples of games that almost no one would of played to begin with as your grand proof that Japanese devs are leaving Sony by the boatload while completely ignoring the overwhelming majority of Japanese games from prominent devs/publishers that are being promoted by Sony and are releasing on the platform, nice. 

Here's Platinum Games co-founders Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya take on wether Sony is becoming too Western.

"I do understand that the console industry in Japan is not what it used to be and when that happens the priorities of these big console makers will change, and that makes perfect sense to me. I don’t know if this is an opinion that’s out there, and I don’t have any personal investment, but just because PlayStation is from Japan doesn’t mean it should focus on the Japanese market. I don’t feel that way. At the same time, I don’t think it’s American now either: I think it’s international and doesn’t really belong to any country. That’s how I feel as a developer"

• Like 2

I am slowly starting to wonder what the point of the PS5 is, and even XBoxX. The more and more they operate like a PC, the more you realise how few benefits there are.
Games like Cyberpunk should also be a warning, often these platforms can be an afterthought.

I remember when Playstation first came out and you had many exclusives, like Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Ridge Racer, Final Fantasy VII.
These days many exclusives are not exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn and even the Yakuza games are now on Steam.

Of course the PC versions are way better, and can be modded, hacked etc. If a game is censored on PS4, there's nothing you can do about it.
If a game gets delisted on console, there is nothing you can do. PC on the other hand, you have way more options.
And you also have to remember we all have to pay monthly for the cloud services and online play. There is no cost on PC.

I think the whole dedication to the brand and especially the "Trophy" ecosystem is why many of us stick around. Vita is my favourite handheld of all time, but if Sony can break it so it's unplayable in the not so distant future, how can anyone not be against this?

I see a lot of Japanese devs releasing their stuff on Steam. Sometimes exclusively, Japanese devs are moving away from consoles and also trying to be the next big hitter on the never endless mobile game craze. Japanese devs on the whole are struggling, but western devs are thriving.

I honestly don't know where the next generation of consoles are going, apart from higher specs, what real differences are there since PS4 and XBone?

The fact PS5 and XBoxX have versions that have no physical drives and people are lapping them up. I am honestly worried.

I was happy when the always online DRM was severely hated by gamers when the XBone tried to pull that way back in 2014 or so. But now, we're almost at that point, and nobody seems to care at all. It came in by the back door, and all the while everyone is just lapping up all the "free games" and not seeing the full picture.

Many of us are upset about PS3 and Vita and mock things like Stadia, but with things like PSNow and no physical media PS5 units for sale. We'll be there eventually and I suspect in 5-10 years time most people here will be looking forward to that.

21 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I am slowly starting to wonder what the point of the PS5 is, and even XBoxX. The more and more they operate like a PC, the more you realise how few benefits there are.
Games like Cyberpunk should also be a warning, often these platforms can be an afterthought.

I remember when Playstation first came out and you had many exclusives, like Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Ridge Racer, Final Fantasy VII.
These days many exclusives are not exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn and even the Yakuza games are now on Steam.

Of course the PC versions are way better, and can be modded, hacked etc. If a game is censored on PS4, there's nothing you can do about it.
If a game gets delisted on console, there is nothing you can do. PC on the other hand, you have way more options.
And you also have to remember we all have to pay monthly for the cloud services and online play. There is no cost on PC.

I think the whole dedication to the brand and especially the "Trophy" ecosystem is why many of us stick around. Vita is my favourite handheld of all time, but if Sony can break it so it's unplayable in the not so distant future, how can anyone not be against this?

I see a lot of Japanese devs releasing their stuff on Steam. Sometimes exclusively, Japanese devs are moving away from consoles and also trying to be the next big hitter on the never endless mobile game craze. Japanese devs on the whole are struggling, but western devs are thriving.

I honestly don't know where the next generation of consoles are going, apart from higher specs, what real differences are there since PS4 and XBone?

The fact PS5 and XBoxX have versions that have no physical drives and people are lapping them up. I am honestly worried.

I was happy when the always online DRM was severely hated by gamers when the XBone tried to pull that way back in 2014 or so. But now, we're almost at that point, and nobody seems to care at all. It came in by the back door, and all the while everyone is just lapping up all the "free games" and not seeing the full picture.

Many of us are upset about PS3 and Vita and mock things like Stadia, but with things like PSNow and no physical media PS5 units for sale. We'll be there eventually and I suspect in 5-10 years time most people here will be looking forward to that.

The reboot Tomb Raider, particularly Rise of the Tomb Raider, was a Xbox exclusive. Then people cried about it not being on PlayStation, then those who were responsible for porting the game caved in and soon it had a PS4 release. What happened to Horizon Zero Dawn and Yakuza afterwards was just rinse and repeat.

Sony is turning more into Xbox, whether that is intentional or not is anybodies guess. Microsoft killed their exclusives. I can set up my Windows 10 computer to play Xbox games, there is a Xbox Game Bar I can easily set up so I no longer even have to tinker with things anymore to get the games to work. So why should I bother to invest anything in a Xbox Series X? All I see is graphical vistas and maybe one or two games that may be exclusives. And consider the PC Master Race, they're going to want those exclusives to be on the PC anyway, so it's a lose lose situation regardless.

PC already has an edge on PS5 and Xbox Series X. The two things that I'm still clinging onto are the exclusives, and the trophy system. I don't even know about prices anymore as PS3s, Vitas and the games that are compatible with them are all going to shoot up in price. Formally, you didn't have to pay any online subscription to Sony when PS3 was current gen. Starting with PS4, you are required to pay a subscription to play any online multiplayer. Considering how badly Microsoft botched up their Xbox One, all those people who flocked to Sony made Sony a fuck ton of money.

I see pirating and homebrewing to increase in the future. Hackers already know how to mod and hack PS3 and Vita consoles, once Sony starts giving less attention to the PS4 it's only a matter of time before they will start targeting that system as well, at least en masse.

People complained endlessly about DLC. Today you ask anyone and I doubt they really give a shit about DLC affecting the market anymore. I still remember people complaining endlessly on Twitter and Facebook about those DLC story cases in LA Noire, and the DLC for Mass Effect 2 & 3, how you had to pay more money for something that probably should of been in the base game. Today people will shell out money for DLC that Ubisoft made for the latest Tom Clancy game without blinking an eye. They're even more sheepish now considering there is an audience that will spend hundreds and thousands on microtransactions in NBA 2K21, further proving the point that people are becoming brain dead sheep. All the kids can do is spend more because they're young and their brain hasn't fully matured and they don't know any better.

I predict in 5 - 10 years time I will retire from gaming altogether and stick to legacy systems and retro titles from a bygone period. Things like the Cyberpunk 2077 controversy, The Last of Us Part II leak, and the glaring fact that PS5 and Xbox Series X resemble more like each other than consoles in past generations are just not why I got into gaming.

I guess one good thing is if worst comes to worst, I can make a small fortune from all the physical PS3/Vita games and even some PS4 titles, including the Nathan Drake Uncharted Collection which has seen a re-release after it came out in late 2015.

If Nintendo 64 games are today's collectors items, PS3/Vita physical game copies aren't too far behind.

• Like 1

It’s my personal opinion that if you hate a game as much as you hated NBA 2K you probably shouldn’t platinum it. If I see a game is going to make me suffer for it’s platinum, I don’t go for it unless I know I love the game enough to tough it out.

As far as Sony goes I understand being upset, however Sony is a business and they can’t be expected to run those store fronts forever if it isn’t paying it’s own way.

If I were going to go after Sony for something I would go after them over the impending CMOS bomb that is going to brick the PS3 and PS4. That’s a HUGE issue Sony needs to patch out.

If anything, I hope this recent news of the store fronts closing makes people care less about their profiles and play games they want to play.  You are asking to have your heart broken being a fan of any company in this industry.  *Looks at CDPR and Bioware*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Then just don’t bother reading.

I’m sorry but the extreme sensitivity and emotions coming out of the gaming community nowadays is really getting old. I honestly wonder if many gaming hubs anymore are just secondary Twitter hangouts.

People have always been sensitive, whether it's 'cancelling' someone for saying shit, or fuck, or whatever, or burning women for being too ballsy - er, partaking in witchcraft. People today are just sensitive to prejudice as opposed to boomer respectability politics.

Also, sensitivity to other people being sensitive is itself sensitivity. As you say, "just don't bother reading."

Edited by Darling Baphomet

3 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

People have always been sensitive, whether it's 'cancelling' someone for saying shit, or fuck, or whatever, or burning women for being too ballsy - er, partaking in witchcraft. People today are just sensitive to prejudice as opposed to boomer respectability politics.

Also, sensitivity to other people being sensitive is itself sensitivity. As you say, "just don't bother reading."

True and false.

Idiots were always around as they are everywhere else. Prior to smartphones when Steve Jobs unveiled the first generation iPhone in 2007 you had to likely access a computer to get onto MySpace. Flip phones for the most part were highly inefficient and texting was horrendously slow.

Unless you're far out in the boonies, Wi-FI in most first world countries is practically instantaneous. Because accessing the internet is almost instantaneous as well as Wi-FI hotspots being more commonplace than ever, you have a lot more idiots. You don't need a brain to access the internet now.

Many idiots who 'cancel' someone and whatever they're sensitive to weren't smart enough to access the internet when there wasn't much availability. Also, back in the day the internet was generally seen as some luxury, since setting up the internet on top of old Windows 95/98 computers was horrendously slow on top of everything being expensive. Now everything is instantaneous and no real prior knowledge is required, so even the idiots out there who couldn't be bothered to learn anything can now easily make some crap on Reddit, and have other idiots chime in. 

If we think more people are being too sensitive it is because there are just a lot more people on now. The more people, the more idiots. We're just more aware of this stuff because social media has hardwired us into seeing it.

• Like 4

The store shutting down feels like the last straw for me. The excitement to get a PS5 has dropped a lot now, not even sure anymore if I’ll ever get one. Hopefully they change their attitude, the direction they’re taking is just not right. The amount of disappointing decisions they made since 2020 is seriously medal worthy. ?

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 3

On 4/2/2021 at 0:30 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

So you take the very few examples of games that almost no one would of played to begin with as your grand proof that Japanese devs are leaving Sony by the boatload while completely ignoring the overwhelming majority of Japanese games from prominent devs/publishers that are being promoted by Sony and are releasing on the platform, nice. 

For one im part of the community that buys there games. There a lot more of us then you think. I used Omega life as a exp cuz it was fully done and ok to ship. And 2 month before it ship Sony sayed nope. It changed or no release.

That why devs changed the name of that ver. To make sure ps4 wasn't in the search results. And the developers of that game sayed they wont prioritize sony anymore cuz it. 

There other like the guy who made senran kagura. Sayed similar stuff. Its basically if Sony wont give a straight guideline and want is ok or not. Then they wont make Sony a proprietary.

And Platinum Games do make good game. But they make western game with a Japanese flavor. I forget there a Japanese developer most of the time.?

When i think Japanese developer now its more.

ACQUIRE Corp , Idea Factory, Compile Heart

Or publisher like 

XSEED Games, Marvelous, Aksys Games, Nihon Falcom, NIS , Sega

I know some do both.? 

And if you go that ninch... ya in the US it is. In the east it is not. So if there told no in the east then it wont come west at all on sony. If its not for the west. Sony doesn't care. Snowball Effect at that point.

On 02/04/2021 at 3:42 AM, Zircon_Lotus said:

1 - The PS3 / Vita thing really is a bummer. I wonder if it would be so hard / expensive for them to at least keep the games on a legacy area in the web store.

All they needed to do was make a PS5 section on the old store. Job done.

Not only have they shat on an entire generation of gamers, they are shitting on a whole new generation with the massive backwards step in store UI/UX. It really is godawful design.

On 01/04/2021 at 6:57 PM, ElevExplorer64 said:

I like collecting trophies on PSN. I really do.

I actually got the platinum in NBA 2K20, and the grind was so bad it nearly made me resent my PS4. I'm still looking at that game because I'm helping someone else get the Ultimate Collector trophy, and both of us cannot stand this game anymore. I would rather jump off a tall building without a parachute than play NBA 2K21.

Do you really, though? 

I've never been a PlayStation fan per se, I just play games on PlayStation consoles in addition to other consoles and PC. The last year or two I've been spending less and less time on PS. So many little things that add up and day by day I feel less invested in the platform. PS4 has had issues with system updates, said updates (and game updates) take forever to download and install, it has a laggy and unintuitive UI, Sony can't seem to make a simple thing like avatars work without them disappearing for whatever random reason, terrible battery life on controllers, buggy trophies, uninteresting exclusives, Sony taking down services and game servers, Vita store purchases alternating between 2 different uninformative errors for years making it near impossible to buy anything, etc. 

Also, sorry to say, but the rabid fanbase is just insufferable at times and makes PlayStation players as a whole look bad. When I say I haven't really been interested in PS4 exclusives aside from Gravity Rush 2 and Everybody's Golf, I really don't need to hear I need to kill myself, my priorities in life are wrong or that I'm a waste of oxygen, etc. When people are discussing competing platforms not mentioning PlayStation in any way, seeing comments like "PS is better" is just embarrassing. 

That said, I've been a lot happier playing on other platforms where I don't need to think about trophies and just playing games for... games. At the moment it seems like HITMAN 3 was the last game I'll get on PlayStation unless some really good exclusives happen to come around.

• Like 1