YOUR top 5 PS 2 games

Valkirye22

Ps2 / GC / X1 is best gen.

5. Twisted Metal Black

4. Katamari Damacy (And We Love Katamari too) 

3. Okami

1. Silent Hill 2

1. Shadow of the Colossus 

Numbers 1 and 2 are interchangeable, SH2 and SotC (original) are my favorite games ever and I can't pick one. 

The Fatal Frame series (Project Zero, Crimson Butterfly, The Tormented) gets a special mention too, just as good as the old Silent Hills and REs, although not as popular. 

Burnout 3

Haunting Ground

Gran Turismo 4

Soul Calibur 3

Resident Evil 4

Played GTA 3 and Vice City on PC, so i am not associate them with PS2, but they are definitely gems of that era. 

Was very hard to keep them off the list, so at least honorable mentions: Ace Combat, GoW, DMC, SSX and Jak series

Edited by Miles-MHunter
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

Now that is a name I haven't heard 15 years hahaha  - Destruction derby. I haven't put anywhere near the hours I did in the other titles I mentioned but that was a whole lot of fun.

It was addictive wasn’t it! You can download it on the Vita, I’m yet to try it again though. 

PS2? Let's see (in no particular order):

• Persona 4 - my favorite PS2 game, my favorite ATLUS game, and one of my favorite games of all time.
  • Dynasty Warriors 4 - don't laugh. While I'm an unabashed musou fan, even the most jaded gamer had to love this one. Multiple scenarios, multiple endings, hidden paths; it was an awesome experience. The voice work was immensely improved over DW3.
  • Dragon Quest VIII - while not my favorite DQ game (that is still DQ VII), this game really showed what you could do with stylized graphics, good voicework (which is never the norm for a Japanese game), a nice big adventure that never felt padded. It was so much fun.
  • Dark Cloud 2 - I was not a huge fan of Dark Cloud. It felt pretty repetitive. I was slow in picking up this sequel. But man - it was great. There was so much to do in this game. This is by FAR my favorite retread in the PS4 era; the trophies finally got me off my virtual butt to get all of the medals.
  • Gauntlet: Dark Legacy - again, don't laugh. This game gave me and friends HOURS of co-op fun. I so wanted this to get a re-release with the PS2-to-PS4 collection, but it was not to be (the PS4 Gauntlet was pretty fun, but nothing compared to this).

There are tons of others, but these are the 5 that come to mind.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

I know it’s kinda cheating but going to include whole collections as one game because they’re all my favourites, so:

- Jak collection

For Jak it can slide, I remember Jak 2 fondly, it had the same wow effect for me that GTA 3 did when I first played it.

You know hours in... I don't think I've ever beaten it back in the day due to the difficulty

Well this is going to be near impossible, but limiting myself to one game per franchise might help. A little. There’s also still several games I need to obtain/finish from the PS2 era that obviously won’t be included on this list. 

1) Shadow Hearts (The second SH game, Covenant, is also AMAZING)

2) Haunting Ground

3) Fatal Frame III (Actually the first is probably my favorite but I technically played it & II on the original Xbox) 

4) Tomb Raider: Anniversary

5) Clock Tower 3

@MandA60VISE I envy you for having Chulip, but since I have the three “$300 games” (Honestly had no clue that Clock Tower 3 had gotten so expensive-knew the other two were), and did not pay anything near that for any of them, I can’t complain. 

Now if I could just get my hands on reasonably priced copies of Trapt, Kuon, Silent Hill 2: GH & Silent Hill 4-I think my PS2 horror collection would be complete (by my standards at least). 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My favs are kinda generic, but here goes:

• Silent Hill 2
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  • Shadow Hearts: Covenant
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
  • Psychonauts

Still have my PS2. Not my original fatty, but a slim that I've had for over a decade now. Still play it now and again, still have a small backlog on PS2, and I always generally prefer playing on actual hardware over emulation. Unless it's something super old like NES or SNES.