July's PS+ games

Abby_TheLastofUs

Disappointing month, but it's par for the course from my perspective. I haven't been excited about PS+ games in a while, it's all either great games I already own or games I have no interest in and will probably never play. Plague Tale is a game I don't own and have been wanting to play for a while, but since it's PS5 only who knows when I'll finally be able to find and buy a console to actually play it.

Oh well. There's always next month.

48 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

Some people definitely need to lower their expectations. 
It’s the luck of draw, you might get games that interest you and you might not. 

My expectations are always low, but this is far beyond low for PS4 imo. These are the worst of their franchises according to most. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

So much entitlement in one thread.

Black Ops 4 is a triple A front liner for Plus, Battlegrounds is a fun arcade wrestler, A Plague Tale is an indie darling.

Have your cake and eat it.

What you say is true, but people are still entitled to have their opinion and to share it... It's obvious not everyone will agree with each other.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

i don't want to play a 3 year old game that only has online multiplayer & a wrestling game that involves heavily on microtransactions. Maybe those are your type of games but for most it really isn't.

You don't have to play anything you don't want to. Not every Plus lineup needs to appeal to you or even myself. 

3 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Like what... 

"The quality if by far the worst of any Cod game"

"Allowing this on Plus just shows how low Sonys bar is for quality. They probably got paid to put this on the service."

3 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

For real? 

Black ops 4 is old and has no player base.

Battlegrounds doesn't have a single good review and is filled with MTX.

Plague Tale is the only decent game and the VAST majority of people paying for Plus can't even play it.

Entitlement as in, we pay for the service and are therefore entitled to its benefits? Cuz that's the only entitlement I see here. People can complain when things suck without being entitled, you know. 

Black Ops 4 does have an active player base in all 3 core modes. Even going back as far as Black Ops 1 on PS3, CoD games have long legs and retain their player base compared to their contemporaries. 

Battlegrounds is for sure the lowest quality game on there bogged down by MTX. 

A Plague Tale can be added to the download list for when a user decides to eventually upgrade to the PS5, it will be there waiting for them to download and play. The upgrades on PS5 games are enough to hold me over to wait on playing games I otherwise can on PS4. Although, not everyone will agree with me on this point.

Some of the the takes I seen in this thread are just knee jerk reactions such as calling this the worst month ever or along those lines which is factually incorrect. 

14 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

What you say is true, but people are still entitled to have their opinion and to share it... It's obvious not everyone will agree with each other.

There comes a point when opinion and passing stuff off as fact blurs the lines between having an opinion or just spouting nonsense. 

• Like 1

It isn't the most hyped month ever, but it isn't the worst month ever. 

I don't like Military Arcade Shooters COD/BF as much as I once did, but will still play the campaign because why not? 

WWE Battlegrounds, yet that isn't on my radar, but will give it a go and maybe I will find it fun. Optimism folks.

Plague Tale, I think I have that...nope. But it certainly fits the mold of depressed child in a bad time of history puzzle platformer smaller studios love to make. It's actually the least interesting of the titles this month. 

A Plague Tale is really good, but I've already played it last year and have no intention of replaying that game even for a free plat. Other games I really don't care about personally. 

Edited by Pray_4_the_End
  • Like 1

as a COD fan and a WWE fan, im feasting.

BO4 is the best COD of the PS4 generation and its the most fun ive had throughout all the pandemic. i am so happy its getting fresh new players and i'll be sure to destroy them all ?

Battlegrounds is a neat bonus, and a quick 100%. glad we finally get a F2P game for free tho

The PS5 title is irrelevant for like the next year or two because the PS5 doesnt exist but imma still cop it cuz its free

so yea, a fat 9/10 month

• Like 1

Oh, A Plague's Tale, first game in PS+ that I might actually play.....

......aaaaaannnnndddddd

it's PS5 only lol.

Last month I extended my PS+ for another 12 months and yet I don't think I have downloaded a single PS+ game in the past 12 months....

On 2021-06-30 at 2:13 PM, steel6burgh said:

only a small amount of people own a ps5

That's exactly the issue.

You play all the COD game so I guess you play bargain bin garbage all the time.

Difference is I play them when they launch. Giving away a game that TENS of millions of people have already bought, is part of a series that has a newly released game every year, doesn't have a singleplayer and is most peoples least favourite Black Ops entry is awful.

another way to look at it is they use to give away 2 game for ps4 now they still give away 2 games plus a 3rd for the ps5 so you're getting the same thing you always got.

Thing is if they never gave away this title only for PS5 owners (literally no reason to not give it to PS4 owners too) than I'd be bitching about an awful month. Plague Tale was the redeemer of this month but than was bogged down by the PS5 only factor.

On 7/1/2021 at 5:49 AM, ZZ383 said:

I don't like Military Arcade Shooters COD/BF as much as I once did, but will still play the campaign because why not? 

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news, but BO4 doesn't have a traditional campaign. Instead it has a 2-hour long tutorial, with a few cutscenes, for the BR multiplayer mode.

34 minutes ago, amex_svk said:

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news, but BO4 doesn't have a traditional campaign. Instead it has a 2-hour long tutorial, with a few cutscenes, for the BR multiplayer mode.

Good news to me, one less title to add to my backlog. :) 

• Like 1

Worst month this year, so far. I'm debating if I should even bother adding these games to library, yet alone ever playing them.

And I'm missing on a game I find interesting because it's impossible to buy ps5 in Europe. Honestly, I feel like Jim Ryan owes me these free ps5 games.

On 01/07/2021 at 4:26 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

A Plague Tale can be added to the download list for when a user decides to eventually upgrade to the PS5, it will be there waiting for them to download and play. 

Huh? Either I'm dumber than I thought, or you are wrong. 

Edit: oops. What an unexpected benefit of bitching about ps+ games on internet. I always accessed ps store/ps+ on my console, and had no idea it is possible to add ps5 games to library without console. Thanks all who brought this to my attention?

Edited by depresso-cat
Live and learn
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, depresso-cat said:

Worst month this year, so far. I'm debating if I should even bother adding these games to library, yet alone ever playing them.

And I'm missing on a game I find interesting because it's impossible to buy ps5 in Europe. Honestly, I feel like Jim Ryan owes me these free ps5 games.

Huh? Either I'm dumber than I thought, or you are wrong. 

You can add ps5 games to your library on the app and webpage, you don't need to own a ps5 to do so

• Like 1