GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

1 hour ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Nothing needs to be changed, the characters are murderers lol, why someone would complain for a flag? doesn't have any sense lol, flanders society

World history it's ugly, violent and bad, that's the real world, if you censor characters like that you are giving to the  future audiences the idea that we have always been living in peace with love and flowers singing "imagine" and it's not like that.

I never said anything needed to be changed. I am 100% against censorship, and I believe that the revising of history can be a dangerous thing.

All I said is that I can understand why they altered the logo on the t-shirt. It's possible to disagree with someone yet understand where they're coming from. Rockstar wants to avoid having to deal with angry mobs full of monsters, so they caved and removed what many consider to be a symbol of hatred & racism. Again, I'm not okay with censorship or hiding/altering history, but I can understand why they did what they did. For me to claim otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.

• Like 1

I think everyone here seems to be confused. Please inform me how they are changing history? Did they say the civil war never happened? Did they say that nobody supports those ideas in the 1980s? Or did a random dude spill beer on his Confederate flag shirt and had to wear his skull shirt instead.

3 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

I hope really HOPE that Rockstar doesn't make any changes on history and characters because of the same twitter hippies of always... Rockstar it's the last western brand that haven't kneel down to that psychos yet, all GTA are made for being controversial and a satire, i hope all the jokes offending all people can keep in the game, we are in 2021 the censorshit it's not acceptable in any form, people (californian mostly) should learn to see the difference with games and real life, i bought the originals for  warning of this. 

Nothing needs to be changed, the characters are murderers lol, why someone would complain for a flag? doesn't have any sense lol, flanders society

World history it's ugly, violent and bad, that's the real world, if you censor characters like that you are giving to the  future audiences the idea that we have always been living in peace with love and flowers singing "imagine" and it's not like that.

2 hours ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Yes because remastered video games are the primary source for history. I mean if they didnt  give a redneck character a Confederate flag how would Tommy have killed all those minority groups? 

Edit: wait only people who you disagree with (about censorship) need to be able to separate games for reality? How do people censoring a remake of a 20 year old game have an effect on your real life? It sounds like you need to separate them just as much or more.

2 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

I never said anything needed to be changed. I am 100% against censorship, and I believe that the revising of history can be a dangerous thing.

All I said is that I can understand why they altered the logo on the t-shirt. It's possible to disagree with someone yet understand where they're coming from. Rockstar wants to avoid having to deal with angry mobs full of monsters, so they caved and removed what many consider to be a symbol of hatred & racism. Again, I'm not okay with censorship or hiding/altering history, but I can understand why they did what they did. For me to claim otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.

I see some comments hanging on specific words that were said but reading through all of the above comments (and other comments earlier on this topic), the overall gist, from my perspective, is that some people are pissed that Rockstar is making changes to the original content because of the pressure to conform to new social and society norms, while others are defending these changes to fit what is acceptable (to them) in 2021.  

I'm an older gamer and not offended by any of the content in the original game at all.  Not about the Confederate Flag or any other controversial thing the game offered in the past.  But, no company in 2021 will put a Confederate Flag in the game anymore.  I would go as far as saying that the platform holders (Playstation, Xbox, Steam, Epic, Stadia) wouldn't allow new entries of games on their system with certain controversial things like the Confederate Flag.  The Confederate Flag to some represents sacrifice and heritage while others see it as a symbol of racism due to the events against African Americans during this time period.  The ones that see the Flag as sacrifice and heritage are usually against any type of censorship while those that see the Flag as racism usually encourage changes/updates.  Just like every generation before, times are changing and that's where society is going right now.  If Nascar, which has a deep history of supporting US history heritage, removes the Confederate Flag from all future events, it's a telling sign that times are really changing.  

I don't personally swing heavy one direction or the other.  I'm sort of in the middle of this topic and see both sides of the argument.  Because of my age, I would lean into less censorship because I'm really not offended by much. I like to play games that I can escape into a particular world and forget/ignore some of the life challenges (and society norms) for a little bit.  Beating someone to death with a purple dildo in GTA is just something I like to do in a game.  Obviously, you can't do that in the real world.  You might offend someone who doesn't like the color purple and would prefer a green dildo to get the job done.  Times are changing for sure.

Edited by Paperclip1776
grammar update

26 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Censorship or not, I wouldn't have even noticed had it not have been brought up in here.

He could be flashing his chippy tits for all I care instead of a T-Shirt, but as long as the game is playable, lets crack on!

I disagree with the fact that it is even censorship (he is still going to have the same dialogue, animations, purpose in the story etc) just wearing a different shirt. 

But 100% agree that it will have no effect on gameplay which is why I'm sure I'll be waiting forever for a reply to how they are changing history lol.

• Like 1

I dont know why but it really bothers me that there is no physical PS5 version. Why is there only a physical PS4 version coming out when both Xbox One and Series S/X are getting physical versions.

Edited by johs854
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Because you can play PS4 disks on ps5?and this was made with PS4 in mind since you can’t find ps5s anywhere?

But it doesn't include the PS5 version i think? Ive heard no words of a PS4 to PS5 upgrade.

Edited by johs854

On 22/10/2021 at 11:37 PM, DEI2EK said:

These actually look like decent visual improvements, especially in GTA 3.

Curious as if anything was cut or rewritten personally

Hopefully they’re the same as they were originally otherwise that would suck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johs854 said:

I dont know why but it really bothers me that there is no physical PS5 version. Why is there only a physical PS4 version coming out when both Xbox One and Series S/X are getting physical versions.

1 hour ago, johs854 said:

But it doesn't include the PS5 version i think? Ive heard no words of a PS4 to PS5 upgrade.

I don't get it either. I'd rather have the PS5 version on disc, I'm at a point now where I have no need to buy PS4 versions anymore. However the Digital version on the PS Store shows "PS4 + PS5", which means it's Cross-Gen (and that would also mean 2 trophy stacks for each game). So it'd be strange if the physical PS4 version didn't have the PS5 upgrade as well. BUT we also have to remember that Sony straight up told us that Horizon Forbidden West is likely the last game that's getting the Free upgrade treatment. 

It's all a confusing mess right now. 

Edited by Viper

On 10/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Holy shit, that new art style is awful. Everything looks like plastic. I knew Rockstar were going to fuck this up.

Imagine thinking this is an upgrade.

HpOEjLg.png

Well, I can imagine that. Actually, the first thing I did after watching the trailer is sending is this image of Salvatore saying I am happy with the outcome. So, Rockstar maybe fucked that up for you, but I for one wanted to play the game I used to play as a child while being able to look at it 20 years later, not some sort of next-gen remake which would basically make it different game. And I'm sure I'm not the only one judging by the general response to the reveal. For me this went from no time to play old games to day one purchase.

XjAELil.png

On 10/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, ziggypossum said:

Mods community:

Rockstar:

ZM80by6.png

I do not want to down-talk modders, but it is funny every time somebody is shitting on some company how modders are doing a better job, the fact that company actually created the game is always somehow ignored. If modders are doing so much better I don't understand why they just do not release GTA 6 for which people are so impatient. As I already said, I want to play the game I used to play as a child while being able to look at it 20 years later, not some sort of next-gen remake which would basically make it different game.

Edited by BloodyRutz

May be it will sound weird, but if GTA III would received same remake as Mafia, it would be a better game. Yeah, nostalgy is good, but this game more than those cartoonish visuals and general core still what is inside. Nothing will be lost with realistic graphics.

To add, in 2000 I wanted a game that looks like this:

Edited by Bloodytears1666

Misty’s character model is so horrid. Not just her face which looks like Divine in Pink Flamingos but they ruined her overcoat, skirt, and leggings. It looks like a body suit. Why, just why.

Anyway, I always hated Rockstar retconning Phil (and Catalina). A straight laced jar head boomer guy into Gary Busey. Changing the Confederate flag to an American flag would’ve been an easy fix and actually make sense…

• Like 1

Going through the Mass Effect trilogy at the moment which should hopefully keep me busy for a month or two. After that I will look into this. 

I tried San Andreas the other day but had to switch off and delete the game straight away during the intro as the controls and mechanics were so bad, they really haven't stood the test of time. Thank cripes for trigger buttons to use accelerate and brake since 2007 and on. Heard they did some controls from GTAV or something so that will be interesting. 

Will also wait for a price drop too most likely. 

8 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

I do not want to down-talk modders, but it is funny every time somebody is shitting on some company how modders are doing a better job, the fact that company actually created the game is always somehow ignored. If modders are doing so much better I don't understand why they just do not release GTA 6 for which people are so impatient. As I already said, I want to play the game I used to play as a child while being able to look at it 20 years later, not some sort of next-gen remake which would basically make it different game.

It is in the name, they're modders. They're not creators of original content. They're not writers, voice actors, etc. They slap a new coat of paint on an existing product, which is exactly what Rockstar is doing with these remasters (or any company with any remasters for that matter). And they're doing it better, however taxing it might be on the hardware. I'm not into modding that much, but yeah, every time I see a video called "game x with 57 mods looks photorealistic", I want remasters to look at least somewhat decent in comparison. 

Personally, in terms of graphical upgrade, I just don't get it. I mean, unless a company is going to remake it from the ground up, a 20 year old game is gonna look like shit today. Higher res, better lighting, all that stuff looks good on paper, but in practice it often looks grotesque. Technically it is better, but it doesn't look better, just weird. Like heavy makeup on a 90 years old aunt who didn't really age well or Ray traced reflections of blocky characters from PS2 era. I don't mind it that much, if I like the game I'll still play it, but I prefer the original look.

I'll probably skip this though, I never could get into GTA3 for some reason, San Andreas was fun when I was a kid, but now it seems like the inferior version of GTA V. Might revisit Vice City at some point if it's gonna be available separately for the same reasons I watch Scarface every other year, since I loved the game when it came out. But that was way before I was tired of the Rockstar formula. 

• Like 4

I was playing SA earlier, man its rough haha, but it still plays in parts fairly well. The cars control ok, but X to accelarate is god awful!

The menu's navigate weird and Target instead.of Waypoint sounds odd.

Can't see them addimg Fast Travel in, but would love it to speed things up. Takes an age in SA doing missions driving from A-B with no FT.

We don't know how easy we have it these days until you play games like these.

I sure hope there is an option to use classic controls. I'm all for remastering my favorite games, but don't change the gameplay!

I'd love to go through and get all the trophies for all three games again, but if I can't use the original controls, I'll probably just continue to replay the previous versions

1 hour ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Mass murder innocent people (including blacks and women) in every way imaginable, rob them, beat them up and commit every crime you can think of? Sure, let's do it!

Show a 150 years old flag most people wouldn't even notice? Woah let's not overdo it now.

It wasn't necessarily removed because people will be offended.

The flag has gained a lot of attention since the game was released. It could just be because it would change how the character was meant to come across. Nowadays wearing or displaying the flag sends a strong statement about what kind of person you are, and one that is now known around the world. It isn't just associated with gun enthusiasts, but racists, white supremacists, Trump supporters etc. The game was made by a bunch of British developers in 2002 who may not have known what the signfiicance of the flag was.

And perhaps Rockstar just doesn't want to display that flag in their games, mockingly or not. Although I'd argue there was no mocking going on here.

• Like 3

The big question I think we all have is, can you buy them separately? I am pretty sure there are very few who absolutely love all 3.

I only really like GTA3, most people like Vice City but I see some people here saying San Andreas if their favourite. It seems a bit of a con (in a way) that you have to buy the lot but I guess it makes business sense, how else can you request full price for 3 old but remastered (twice) games?

Another big question is are there going to 3 platinums or just one. That's a lot of gameplay is you need to play all three games.

59 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

The big question I think we all have is: can you buy them separately? I'm pretty sure there are very few who absolutely love all three.

I only really like GTA III, most people like Vice City but I see some people here saying San Andreas is their favourite. It seems a bit of a con (in a way) that you have to buy the lot, but I guess it makes business sense - how else can you request full price for three old but remastered (twice) games?

Another big question is: are there going to be three platinums or just one? That's a lot of gameplay if you need to play all three games.

Given that only III is coming to PS Now and only SA is coming to Game Pass, I'd say "yes" to the first question and the former option to the last question.

• Like 1