Alan Wake Remastered (October 5, 2021)

ziggypossum

7 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

some of my friends recommended to try it out so I bought it in GOG for like 1$ or so, man, half-way in story and game is basically: walk forward - solve simple puzzle - walk forward - shoot some guys - walk forward, one huge freaking corridor...guess I should played it back in a days, coz nowadays game aged badly

Thank you. I always feel like I’m the only one who thinks this is mediocre at best. 

It’s not the worst game ever made or anything, but it’s pretty boring and overstays its welcome even though it’s not that long

• Like 1

I played this back on Xbox 360 and loved it. I'll definitely be picking up this remaster so I can experience it all again. I don't think I ever played the DLC, and I know for sure I didn't play American Nightmare, so it would be nice if that was all included in this package too. The DLC is a safe bet I assume, but I haven't seen any mention of American Nightmare being included. I'm looking forward to this regardless.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

Never played it so will pick it up when released, what was the achievement list like  ?

Main games easy as pie, nightmare difficulty is a joke because you can outrun basically everything.

The DLC have achievements for beating them without dying, which can be very frustrating due to some janky platforming.

• Like 1

Will definitely pick this one up at some point.  One of the few XBox exclusives I remember wanting.  The main one being Forza Horizon.

Yeah, I imagine gameplay will feel pretty dated/clunky but still wanting to give it a go for the story/atmosphere alone.

Edited by djb5f

I loved this when I first played it on pc a couple of years ago, and I am not even a horror games fan, I rarely play them, too spooky for me (even if I love horror movies), but this one is 3rd person so I could handle it. It has great atmosphere and a really intriguing story and lore, a mix of Twin Peaks and Stephen King, I enjoyed it a lot more than Control even if Control has the better gameplay, so I do hope this means we are getting a sequel to Alan Wake soon.

Compared to the pc version it does not look like it will look that much better, then again this is a remaster and not a remake. Still, zero plans to buy it and replay it atm, maybe if it will be available on a service I already pay for.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the FAQ @ziggypossum!

I'm glad to hear that it does include the DLC's. I would have liked American Nightmare as well, but it's priced very reasonably for what's included in the package, so I can't complain. It's pretty neat that they're adding the option for developer commentary into the game. I wish more games did those because they're quite interesting to listen to and it spices things up on a 2nd playthrough. It's pretty cool that they're taking advantage of the DualSense controller on PS5. Not always a given with these things. Also confirmation of it having the same achievement/trophy list as before which is fine by me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

If I buy the game for one console platform, like the PS4, do I get the PS5 version for free? 

Yes. Buying the game on a single platform will give you access to all versions of Alan Wake Remastered on that platform. 

If I buy a PS4 disc version, can I upgrade to PS5 digital version later down the line? 

Yes.

What is the retail price of Alan Wake Remastered? 

Alan Wake Remastered will be available as a physical edition for $29.99 USD / €29.99 / £24.99 and as a digital edition for $29.99 USD / €29.99 / £24.99. The game can be purchased for PC on the Epic Games Store, and via physical and digital editions on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.

https://www.alanwake.com/story/faq/

I mean I was already going to be buying it but you get both the PS4 and PS5 versions for £24.99 what a deal

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xt7wbjsqry6j4tmfs9

• Like 1