Godfall, Mortal Shell, LEGO DC Super Villains are December's PS+ Games

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

I guess there won't be three new VR titles for free, but those which are already free continue to be so. It says in the store, they are free until January 4th  :)

Until You Fall

The Persistence

TWD: Saints and Sinners

Strange, for me it says "Fin de l’offre : 12/7/2021 12:00 PM EST" (offer ends December 7) on all three games. I'm in Canada though so maybe PlayStation Europe is marketing this differently. 

The Challenger Edition focuses on three unique modes: Lightbringer, Dreamstones, and the Ascended Tower of Trials. All three are endgame-level content, but you'll be immediately equipped with a spread of deadly weapons and skill points, letting you team up with up to two other players* in co-op.

No campaign (lol)

• Like 3

it's confirmed 100% about the games. seems they got the games right again.

edit: won't be a big deal if challenger edition isn't complete. i'll just buy the actual game when it comes on sale for a reasonable price.

Edited by Lordguwa

On 11/24/2021 at 9:26 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Couldn't be any worse for me. No interest in Lego and i hate souls type games.  Then on Now we get the crappy broken mess GTA 3 and Final Fantasy i have no interest in. What a 1f4a9.png month for me. 

Lego games are a easy platinum. Not gonna be a 1 min platinum that you might be used to but easily doable. 

• Like 3

i mean, it's not the greatest ps+ games (the best was Bloodborne+ratchet n clank imo), but it has that type of games that you wouldnt pay full price to play, but for free eh sure i'll try them (it's not free bc you payed for subscription but you know what i mean)

9 minutes ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

The fact that Godfall isn't the complete version or even a game but a series of online endgame missions from the game ( and they even say in the psblog post that users can update to the actual game) is pathetic and imo i don't see how can anyone defend it honestly.

That sounds pretty bad and it’s not a good look. Guess it’s come to this-giving away gimped versions in hopes people will pay for more content. I haven’t added a PS Plus title to the library in months. At this point, just keeping Plus for cloud saves and the occasional co-op game or boost session.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Checks trophies for the games. 

Oh look at that, DLC galore!!.... ($_$) 

They seem good enough to at least be on my library but probably won't touch them for a while, if at all. :/

Ah, shit. I didn't notice that Mortal Shell had a DLC.

I read above that Lego's DLC was currently pretty cheap, though, so I might splurge for the $2.99 or so to get it.

20 minutes ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

The fact that Godfall isn't the complete version or even a game but a series of online endgame missions from the game ( and they even say in the psblog post that users can update to the actual game) is pathetic and imo i don't see how can anyone defend it honestly.

Agreed, it’s pretty hard to justify giving away a piece of a game. I sure hope that doesn’t become a trend in future PS+ offerings…

Not gonna complain too much though because I’m still hyped for Mortal Shell and the LEGO game. I already went and bought the DLC since I trust these leakers more than I trust my own mother! They’re always right!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dimka284 said:

i mean, it's not the greatest ps+ games (the best was Bloodborne+ratchet n clank imo), but it has that type of games that you wouldnt pay full price to play, but for free eh sure i'll try them (it's not free bc you payed for subscription but you know what i mean)

Just put "free" in quotes. I find that this sidesteps that stupid argument that seems to pop up every time the word appears. ?

• Like 1

Tying the base game content behind Deluxe Edition. If you can't earn the Platinum in the Challenger's Edition because of the Story trophies (Defeat Solaris and etc tied to Story mode). Unbelievable....

Need to buy Deluxe Edition. if you want Platinum. 

Last time we got a Demo as a main offering was King's Quest Chapter 1.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Very disappointed with the Godfall situation here. Is this the first time PS+ has given away a piecemeal demo in place of the actual game?

I think driveclub was a similar situation. Remember when gearbox and the devs were saying the game was only possible on ps5? Classic gearbox.

In brighter news, Lego dc (to me) was a top tier Lego game and on the shorter side for 100% for my fellow trophy fiends.